how did you hear of southpark?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Postby 203177 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:18 pm

when i first heard about south park it all started when my brother and sister were watching it, i was eight at that time i saw cartman getting anal probe and kyle swearing at the aliens.
talkjawking100

Postby talkjawking100 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:47 pm

My friend had been talking about it since we were in 4th grade, and particularly about the movie, (he would recite the "horse f*cker scene by heart) and I was always interested but I wasn't allowed to watch it. Finally, around 7th or 8th, he convinced me to watch an episode. The episode was Fat Camp. I was disgusted, but hooked for life. I watched it in secret for about 3 years, until last year, when my mom finally allowed me to buy the season boxsets. I'm now almost 18, a senior, and it's my all-time favorite television show. :)
Save the whales, motherf--ker.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:57 am

for me i was bored turned on tv and it was on, but i wasnt interested in it untill i saw da movie so i started watchin more episodes and it was tha best and now favourite show eva
BiLLiEC93

Postby BiLLiEC93 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:05 pm

i heard of south park ages ago wen i was flicking through the channels on sky it popped up at me and i thought it was hillarious n have been watching ever since! GO SOUTH PARK! :lol:

BiLLiEC93 - x
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:28 pm

I heard about it from...well just about everywhere. There was a lot of controversy on this show.

Then one day I got a chance to see Orgazmo and even tho I hadn't seen South Park yet, I decided to see the movie since it was made by the same people. I wanted to see what all the heat was on these guys. After LOLing really hard over Orgazmo, I started watching South Park.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:42 pm

I was eight years old when the pilot episode aired. I loved it, but my mom never allowed me to watch it after that. I continued to watch it in secret for the next seven years (be it in my room at night, my friend's house, etc.), until I was caught watching it at 15. It took some convincing, but I was allowed to watch it from then on. Heck, I now own the movie and seasons 1-9 on DVD! I love it!
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:37 am

Ooh, that's going way back.

I was so young then but I guess it must have been my brother and word of mouth that introduced me to all the early episodes (still have on VHS) which I loved. Then it was the film and then it was just mostly the internet until I bought Seasons 2, 3 and 4 on DVD and the rest just stay on my external hard drive.

Ahh, the early South Park.

"I'm gonna be on television!"
"WEIGHT GAIN 4000!" :D
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Well, let's see here...

I remember my older cousin watching it back when I was in grade school. He'd kick me out of his room, but I'd sneak in anyways. I absolutely loved "the kid with the cute green hat" (and I still love Kyle to this day), but my intrest faded as I got into middle school (I became a stupid weeaboo like all the other girls just to try to fit in). I finally went into my Freshman year, and just about all the guys I knew were constantly talking about Halo and South Park. I figured, what the heck, I'm gonna see what this hype is all about. I started watching in secret until up about now, when I can consider myself a South Park fantard (damn proud of it, too). I really got hooked on it when I saw the South Park movie that my brother downloaded onto his PSP...and now...yeah...

My parents aren't very ecstatic about me watching South Park (my dad walked in when I was watching the one episode where they said sh*t tons of times, he was very pleased [/sarcasm]), but they seem to accept it now. Heck, my dad tries to steal my Cartman cuddle pillow from time to time...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
blackbarron1942

Postby blackbarron1942 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:34 am

when i was a kid my dad watched it but never let me but i allways watched it whitout him knowing at friends my room at night not intell i was 10 was i aloud to watch it
tommywu

Postby tommywu » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:19 am

I got their Episode off the Internet & later Comedy Central signed them. Been watching since it's public inception.
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:00 am

i was watching the wrestling when the New Age Outlaws came out wearing South Park t shirts, it was in the wrestling magazine that it expained about South Park so after i found out what it was i had to wait for it to come over here (as at the time i didnt have the internet so i couldnt download it) when it did i watched the whole first season and recorded it on to vcr, and from there the rest is history missed part of the second season but got to see it after i had the web installed, downloaded all episodes to watch now i own all 9 seasons on dvd
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
Wintersun666

Postby Wintersun666 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 pm

I heard many people talking about it so I decided to give it a try... since the first episode i think it's the best show ever created!!!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:32 pm

My brothers friend let him barrow a VHS tape of the first 3 episodes that he recorded over the month. So I've loved it since about early September of 1997.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Kenny_And_Me_Forever

Postby Kenny_And_Me_Forever » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:07 am

When I first heard of South Park, when my cousin and sister turning this channel called Comedy Central and I think the time was 8:30 p.m. when I started to notice a cartoon show called South Park. I've been watching South Park since 2004 and I'm ten years old! :)
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 am

Kenny_And_Me_Forever wrote:When I first heard of South Park, when my cousin and sister turning this channel called Comedy Central and I think the time was 8:30 p.m. when I started to notice a cartoon show called South Park. I've been watching South Park since 2004 and I'm ten years old! :)

10 year olds shouldnt be watching South Park.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”