[S11 Status] How do you like the Spring run?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:48 pm

Well, 4 good episodes in a row, but their till hasn't been any stand out episodes like MLNW in 10.5. I'm not saying the new ones haven't been good. But, their's usually at least 1 truely great episode in each south park run and we still haven't seen it yet.

But, anyway it's been pretty good so far.
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Apologies to Jesse Jackson - Best episode this run for me. I didn't really enjoy the n*gger guy plot all that much, but the midget was the greatest thing.

Cartman Sucks - Blah. Pretty funny, but dull. The plot just didn't have the spark.

Lice Capades - WORST so far. I didn't really enjoy it as a south park episode.

The Snuke - Good episode. Just one problem. I don't watch 24

So, not that great of a run so far, but there's still time.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:44 pm

Apologies To Jesse Jackson: Excellent episode. Loved the nigger-guy plot. It's exactly how white people would handle a racist word--ban it! Also, loved the fact that Cartman fought a midget.

Cartman Sucks: Thought his episode was great. Another great way to prove Cartman is gay and Cartman got exactly what he deserved.

Lice Capades: I liked it...not their best episode but I liked the fact that they some what focused their attention on Craig. I always find him interesting and I wished they would focus at least an episode or two on him. Loved the fact that they were making fun of those thriller (enviroment turning against people/lice). Best part was ripping on Angelina Jolie. I don't see the appeal of her at all...she's over hyped and she has herpies (why do you think Jennifer broke up with Brad?) [Please don't debate me with the whole Angelina vs. Jennifer--I just don't care enough to debate about gossip.]

The Snuke: I really liked the episode. Never saw 24 and I thought the episode was amazing. I have may friends who've seen the show and tell me all about it--so it's almost as if I've seen it. They followed their formula extremely well. I always like the episode where Kyle gets put in his place once in a while.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:23 am

Jello_Biafra wrote:Apologies To Jesse Jackson: Excellent episode. Loved the n*gger-guy plot. It's exactly how white people would handle a racist word--ban it! Also, loved the fact that Cartman fought a midget.

Actually the episode was parodying black people. Meaning black people would react that way. You know, I'd like to see an episode about an outbreak of whites calling eachother racial slurs, parodying many of today's blacks.
solidviper

Postby solidviper » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:32 am

I expected too much out of this season i think. It pales in comparison to 10, but there are some funny moments in this season. The Snuke is my fave. so far.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:52 am

I really like the season so far. I think it's slightly better than season 10 started off, but who knows what could happen...one bad episode could make people think the whole run is bad, that's what happened with A Million Little Fibers.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 am

After tonight's episode, my stock in this season is rising.
KyleSchwartz#1

Postby KyleSchwartz#1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:13 pm

I think this has been a pretty good season. Different characters have been center stage in each, and the jokes have been diverse in their subject manner (not all just politics and celeb bashing, but a little of each, as always) and most importantly, the jokes are as funny as ever.

Highlights of the year, for me of course, have been: Cartman fighting the dwarf (, Randy getting harassed as "N*gg*r Guy", Cartman actually getting his due in "Cartman Sucks" ( :cartmansopissedrightnow: ) , and most recently: Pope Snowball and everyone singing "Peter Cottontail" in Latin.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:57 am

Great season.

The thing I like about it is that it just keeps getting better. Each new episode is an improvement over the last. So,I have very high expectations for the last two episodes of this run. Hopefully Matt and Trey can keep it up.
EmmasReplacement

Postby EmmasReplacement » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:40 am

Well, to be honest, the past season and a half are much funnier the second time I watch them. They make brilliant additions to the library of episodes, but are not as good as I want them to be the day they premiere. Does that make sense? When I'm just re-watching them after they've aired, I love them. My problem is that I love Matt and Trey too much, and get way too excited for the new episodes. I don't think anything could live up to my excitement each week. But after it's not new anymore, I can see it for what it really is and love it, you know?
With that said, ALSO
It's different since Emma came into the picture. Not that I don't understand why. Trey has something more important than work in his life now, and it shows. Good for him, and that's exactly what should happen, but not so good for us.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Well, the season was improving an getting better and better until we got to "D-yikes". At first I actually thought it was pretty good, but after rewatching it a few times I definately didn't like it as much.

Though, I won't complain because we haven't had an episode this bad since the first half of season 10. Hopefully the (half)season finale will be better than this one.
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 pm

South Park as a show is declining. Everyone knows it. The opinion on every episode has been split. There hasn't been an episode whereby everyone has said they thought it was good.

Although this season isnt nearly as bad as season 10, it is not up to the standard we expect. The episodes I have enjoyed the most are lice capades, the snuke, and d-yikes. I have heard many people complain about these episodes, and I can see why.

In short, not the worst thing ever, but I hope the season improves.
HRPRognsnuf

Postby HRPRognsnuf » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:08 pm

buttersbutters wrote:South Park as a show is declining. Everyone knows it. The opinion on every episode has been split. There hasn't been an episode whereby everyone has said they thought it was good.

Although this season isnt nearly as bad as season 10, it is not up to the standard we expect. The episodes I have enjoyed the most are lice capades, the snuke, and d-yikes. I have heard many people complain about these episodes, and I can see why.

In short, not the worst thing ever, but I hope the season improves.

I seriously have never seen an episode where everybody was unanimous on whether it was good or not. I mean I am sure there people out there that don't like "Scott Tennorman Must Die" because some dislike Cartman and "The Jeffersons" even. When it comes to South Park people have widely varying opinions. It's because everybody from ages 10-65 watch this show. South Park isn't declining, it has evolved.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:40 am

There were alot of parodies this season.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:49 am

So far i love it so much. Every episode made me laugh out loud, spill my drink, or ignore my friends;

"Hello? Oh hey. What? Go with you to kelly's house and have an orgy with all her hot friends? Why don't you take her friends and SHOVE'M UP YOUR ASS! I'M WATCHING SOUTH PARK!"

Return to “General South Park Discussion”