South Park Haters, why?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShnuckTuck

South Park Haters, why?

Postby ShnuckTuck » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 am

This isn't as much a why do you not like South Park but why the hell do they pick the weirdest thing in some episodes to be mad at.

Timmy 2000, they got mad at a retard being a rock star, I mean don't a lot of people want to be rock star

Trapped in the Closet, for saying what Scientology really believes and then saying that the heads of Scientology think its just a money making thing...which it is. Also when I was reading about Scientology to see if they really believe that crap (which turns out to be pretty much 90% what they believe) I found the second reach Belgium is my favorite country 1) being best beer in the world 2) being they banned Scientology

Stanley's Cup, for a kid having cancer (even though he really does nothing but sit in a bed with cancer)

So what are some other South Park Eps you remember people making a big thing out
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 pm

"Hell on Earth" They were offended with the part with Steve Irwin. >.>
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 pm

They just hate 'cause we ridin' dirty. Or possibly 'cause we're white and nerdy, I don't know.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:22 pm

You forgot to mention that the episodes make little to no use of Kenny (and in Athena’s case, Pip), as well as the fact that it's more political and not just about fart jokes, making the show "lose it's edge". There are many excuses why people no like SP no more, 99.9% of them which sound rather absurd. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
rip_Steve_irwin

Postby rip_Steve_irwin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:35 am

[quote="kylelover52610":815e8]"Hell on Earth" They were offended with the part with Steve Irwin. >.>[/quote:815e8]

I love South Park most of the time. Even the Wal-mart episode even thoguh I work for them. I even over looked the Lord of The Rings epi cause it had funny parts. I just watched the Hell on Earth epi and I am VERY Pissed off!!!!!!!

I was very upset when I found out Steve died. For South Park to even talk about his death was one thing but to basicly asume that Steve went to Hell or even has contections to Satan is VERY wrong!!!!

I'm trying to fight for Steve's respect! I'm tired of the ppl claiming to have his death clip! I'm tired of ppl saying sh*t about him and his family in the tabloids!

In the words of Spike on Buffy: Let him rest in piece!!!!!!! Leave him alone!!!! I have sent an e-mail to AU zoo I think if any of you have recept for him you will too.

Matt and Trey, You have had so many GREAT epis. Yuo really f*cked up with this epi! I'm taking all of this very personaly and will fight anyone who wants to bash Steve!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:10 am

I'm not even going to try to... oh, never mind. My lifeforce is gone.

Edit:
No, you know what? No, I'm gonna have my say. Look, If you know anything about the show, it's that everyone goes to hell except Mormons. And the fact that they'd do 3 Irwin jokes almost in a row is just typical South Park. NEWS FLASH They rip on everything, and push it just past the edge of where they should stop. That's what they do.

I am so sick and tired of people signing up just to bash one episode, or one particular aspect of an episode, be it any one from any season, at any time, and they don't even appear to know anything about the background of the show. I have seen thousands, consequently millions of posts about people being upset about the Steve jokes alone. I GET IT.

People also need to learn how to BBS properly. That whole little thing you wrote there rip_Steve_irwin? That could have gone here on the forum about the episode itself, with all the other posts people made about how they hated seeing Steve at Satan's party.

Double Edit:
... Can I borrow a Summer's Eve, I need to get some sand out of my vagina.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Lol it's not all South Park haters there are a lot of South Park "Fans" on this forum whineing about Steve Irwin jokes and the most recent episode about Cancer
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
FoxDougan

Postby FoxDougan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:02 am

Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller.

I think any f'tards who think that South Park goes 'too far' need to live in the real world. People can read offence into anything and really, just get over it! By whinging about it being too soon for a joke etc. is not ever going to change anything - not the episode, not the opinions or anything.

I'm from the UK but did I give a crap that Princess Diana was in Hell in the same episode? No. Because Matt and Trey aren't making some kind of statement like "we think she was evil and deserved to go to Hell," they just like the irony of it (and even if they did think she was evil, I don't care).

The fact is: if you're easily offended, then go and live in a box whilst we go and have fun.
Green Jeep

Postby Green Jeep » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:19 pm

If you don't like seeing blood, don't slow down to look at the accident. That is to say, if you find yourself able to be offended, don't watch the show. The very cornerstone of the show is that it does not want to be constrained by such things. It's bound to happen. I thought the Irwin thing was shocking, sure. Still, I know that this is part of the show and that eventually everyone gets cut a little deep. It's why we like it.

However, getting mad at a cartoon is kinda silly.

To answer the main question, the Mongolians episode was, offensive to many..and the Wing episode. Funny, my wife and I quote the 'Oh no, my shi**y beef!' all the time.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”