Moderator: Big-Will

a7eh

Jesus & Religions

Postby a7eh » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 pm

[center]
What's Guys
I wish every body enjoy the holidays.

Actually I wanna talk about a very important issue, I admire
Image South Park Image cartoon so much, and I always looking forward for any new news about this cartoon. But under my observation to South Park series, I found that some time they exaggerate the comedy especially when they make fun of religion.
For instance, when they make fun of Jesus crise or any other holy stuff, I don't think that part is good eventhough it's funny but still Jesus is a God in christian believe.
I am not Christian though, but how are you making fun of your God !. Image

The second part when the cartoon make fun of the religions that make me mad, because the religions are not a doll we play with, it's is a faith it's something we have to respect. In addition, not all the people accept making fun fo thier religion. And every body know about Chef story when he tried to quit because the cartoon is making over joking about the religion. Image

Eventually, I know that we have different opinions about this case so I wish you guys may help me to know your opinion about this issue and I wish we can adjust the cartoon for the best

God Bless You All
[/center]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Jesus & Religions

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:03 pm

[quote="a7eh":91e07]I am not Christian though, but how are you making fun of your God !. [img:91e07]http://smilesgate.com/smiles/10/017.gif[/img:91e07][/quote:91e07]
Easy:

[1]. Christianity is not the official religion of the United States - the United States has no official religion.

[2]. There are plenty of people here for whom Jesus is just a regular guy or a fool. They don't see him as God, so they feel free to make fun of him all they want, any way they want. Because of [1], we leave them alone and let them have their say.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:04 pm

What are you talking about? Jesus sits up in heaven everyday watching South Park! It's his favorite show!

What, you didn't know? Tsk tsk tsk. Shame shame.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:45 pm

I don't really understand how you can admire the cartoon, yet get offended by it talking about Jesus or religion in general. And if your not a Christian, why are you getting so worked up about it?

And your wrong, Issac Hayes did not leave over scientology. And again, Whatever our opinions are is not going too matter, It's what M&T think that's gonna direct the shows course.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Ooh, then you'd probably better not read my latest fanfic. :D

So what's with those weird emoticons anyway?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”