Your Favorite Types of Plotlines?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Infusions

Your Favorite Types of Plotlines?

Postby Infusions » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:36 am

Well, South Park usually has different types of plotlines. They parody movies/shows, mock current political issues, or usually come up with something totally creative and never done before.

Which do you like the best?

I'm in a mix between their creative plotlines and the parodies. I enjoy seeing ideas never thought up of before and thinking "How did they come up with this? XD". But at the same time, when I see a parody of a movie or show I've seen, it seems to make me laugh harder the first time through.

Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow is one of my favorite parody episodes, and Tsst is my favorite creative episode.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Vegard von Norway

Postby Vegard von Norway » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:26 pm

and they got the "just so incredible stupid that it's funny"^^

I must say that Cartoon wars is funny whan they talk condescending about Family Guy, and that is just how South Park is XD
I LOVE NORWAY^^
Alfred E. Neuman

Postby Alfred E. Neuman » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:29 am

My favorite kinds of plots are when the kids just act like their kids.
NEED STAN PLUSH
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL!
fmerts

Postby fmerts » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

I like Al Gore... LOL man. Hey have you heard about his carbon credits? Buying them from himself so he can use up all the energy he wants?

Cartman should buy calorie credits from starvin marvin so he can eat all he wants and not get fat! LOL

Doesnt it work that way? Hmmmmm
nolly3813

Postby nolly3813 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Alfred E. Neuman wrote:My favorite kinds of plots are when the kids just act like their kids.

Totally agree.
and one more thing, I like to see the ep focusing on 4 main boys, not just 1 or 2.
Evmatic89

Postby Evmatic89 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm

i like when Cartman gets pissed and says funny stuff, he's my favorite character.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 pm

I can't resist comedic horrors. That's why I like Ginger Kids so much!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:18 pm

I like the episodes when they completely overreact over really stupid things. Or when they make something that in real life would never happen the way they make it happen (ei, Something Wall Mart This Way Comes, Die Hippie Die, Smug Alert!, Trapper Keeper, etc.)

I also love when it's just "boys being boys", I think everybody loves those ones.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:31 am

I like the plotlines that handle political stuff and put comedy on them. I always enjoy the episodes that have to do with gay rights, e.g. "Follow that egg", they also make me smile because it makes me happy that Matt and Trey accept gay people.

But then again, if the show was only full of political stuff it wouldn't be too good now would it... so I enjoy it when they make fun of a movie, tv-show or a person... like Cartoon Wars and The Jeffersons!
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
dangerously_cheesy

Postby dangerously_cheesy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:55 am

it's not eally a plotline but i love it when he kids go out of town like the canada episode i really liked that 1

also i love it when the parents are being super retarded like in the mongolians episode wen the parents are super scared about their kids being kidnapped haha :D
SAVE A COW... $TIP$ ME
Zwerg-im-Bikini

Postby Zwerg-im-Bikini » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:22 am

I love movie parodys, but right now I'm hoping for new "boys being boys" - episodes, which show some stories about the pupils and their relationships.
I don't like it when the kids travel around and behave like they were grown ups (like in "Erection Day" and "Wing"). And there were too many aliens already... Strange stories are nice, but they should fit with the characters.
To be without the planearium causes you horrible pain...
http://www.planearium.de - http://www.sp-studio.de
Lonely_Jew

Postby Lonely_Jew » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:48 am

I love the episodes that, when I watch them, I'm like, "Hey! Me, too!" Like, for example, PSST! made me laugh so, so hard. I live with two small children that behave similar to the way Cartman does (minus the scheme mastermind stuff) and would totally spit in my face if I got down there with them.

I also love the ones that have something memorable, like a quote or a new character that leaves people talking, like crab people, or scott tenorman must die.

Gotta love the Cartman/Kyle rivalry ones, too!
"Don't ever go through life thinking that there isn't any hope, because then, there isn't any." --I don't know who said this, but probably someone who's pretty smart.

I don't cheer for the title. I cheer for my health.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”