Erics voice

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

spuk

Erics voice

Postby spuk » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi all.I have just seen "mystery of the urinal duece" on Sky in the UK.while the episode was up to the usual good standard, all the voices ,(but more so erics!) were different.Also the graphics were too polished for my liking (better graphics for the simpsons = better cartoon) i feel the edge was missing which made SP different.To mess with the voices will destroy this !
I have been a fan of this for half my life, so i'm writing this hoping i'm wrong?
Please forgive me if this has been raised before as i have just joined up to get an answer.
Thank you all for your time.
SPuk
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:05 pm

I loved the old Eric Cartman voice from early seasons. Then they changed it to a bit more "adult". But I also liked the new one, though not so much-

In season ten there were much weird & gay stuff going on. I have to admit that sometimes Cartman's voice sounds really stupid nowadays...
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 am

I like the way things are going with the show at the moment. They seem to pull out as many jokes that can fit into that moment in a very casual manner. And Eric's voice has been like that since... Season 2 or 3? *Shrug* It used to be higher pitched in the first season, and I wasn't a fan of it.

The creators have really grown into the characters and their voices, and put much more feeling and emotion and humor while saying something. Before, they just used to say it the same way over and over again, like Fairly Oddparents. It kinda ruined some jokes for me. :C

And I like the "polished" look. I like seeing how SP has grown so well over time, they're able to add as many angles to their characters at any time. And it's kinda refreshing after seeing them all in the same position for every scene, you know?

Like in the Urinal Deuce episode, Cartman walks out of the school and stares at the flag and it adds a bit more chuckle to it before of how dramatic is seems. Somewhat based on the perspective. If he just walked out in the same "front" angle as always, it wouldn't be as, you know... Good. :0

In my opinion, of course. :D
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”