Do your PARENTS like South Park ~ ??

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:26 pm

I think my old man finds SP amusing. I doubt my mother cares for it simply because she's not a big TV viewer. I can't be too sure since I haven't lived with them for a couple years now.

You read it! You can't unread it!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 pm

My dad hates South Park. Really has absolutely no care for it.

And my mother, well, she finds it crude and offensive. So both my parents hate it...
jempast

Postby jempast » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:48 am

My mom is the one who got me into South Park. She kept telling about the song Kyle's Mom Is A Bitch. So, she and step-dad fast forward the DVD of the movie to the Bitch song. I instantly loved it. I've been a fan ever since. My mom is such a huge fan that my sister brought her a South Park blanket back from Kuwait and some South Park iron on patches. My mom won't even let me see the SP blanket. She does that to annoy me. I have seen the blanket one time. I am so envious over it.
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:25 pm

My dad (71, scientist) absolutely loved The Losing Edge. Every time Randy Marsh started going "I thought this was America! I thought this was America!" he'd fall off the sofa laughing. He likes pretty much all the ones we've watched (I don't like watching any with sex in them, too weird when your parents are there). Mum pretends to be shocked at seeing Supernanny eating poo out of the toilet, but really that was her fav. It's funny because they are quite straightlaced and proper, but they absolutely love stuff like TV Burp.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:44 pm

I have South Park parents. XD

My mom is actually a fan now, and surprisingly Pip is her favorite character. ^^ My dad is really into the show, and the two of them are talking about making an "Oh my God... they retired Kenny!" T-shirt for when my dad retires (his name actually is Kenny. XD)

So much has changed since I left home, apparently. XD
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:03 pm

My parents are complete polar opposites about South Park.
Where my dad likes watching it just as much as I do, my mam completely despises it. Anything that's animated that I watch (and even enjoy watching) she thinks is just a load of kiddy rubbish. Oh, how she gets on my nerves whenever she says bad things about it. :x
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
kouklara

Postby kouklara » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:08 pm

My parents like it, but they're not obsessed like me; they prefer Family Guy.
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
I <3 KENNY
unl337

Postby unl337 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 am

My dad and I watch it all the time, but my mom rarely watches it. She hates it usually, but I got her to watch the World of Warcraft episode (she plays WoW, as do I) and she thought it was hilarious. She still doesn't like the show though.
Thinking is for squares.
Smore Schnapps

Postby Smore Schnapps » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:41 am

I have not had a chance to watch South Park with my Mom, but she loved Team America, F*ck Yeah!!
XBOX Live: Duff40oz
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:37 am

Athena1999 wrote:My dad is really into the show, and the two of them are talking about making an "Oh my God... they retired Kenny!" T-shirt for when my dad retires (his name actually is Kenny. XD)

:lol:
kennykixass

Postby kennykixass » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Yep, my mom got me hooked too. I had only heard a little about the show, but I decided it was too crude and offensive to watch. I reluctantly watched one episode with my mom (she actually had to beg me to watch!), and I suddenly realized just how funny 'crude and offensive' can be!!

She was the one who called me yesterday and reminded me to catch the new episode that night (she'd seen the Weds. show)!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:05 pm

My mum won't admit she likes it if you ask her, but when she's buying shampoo, she always calls Timotei, Timmaaay-tei.

Oh, and she laughed her arse off when I had Asspen on in the living room.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Michaelas10

O RLY?

Postby Michaelas10 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:23 pm

I ate my parents.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, my parents don't exactly like South Park. My dad has seen bits and pieces of maybe one or two episodes, so I can't say that he has a concrete opinion of the show. The only thing he ever really mentioned about it was why Kenny would die every time he watched an episode. So, I had to explain that to him. (He actually thought Kenny's name was Jerry. Wtf, Jerry?)

And my mom...well, she's always talking about how I'm so damn obsessed with the show, to which I always respond "I know." And everytime it's on she'll usually joke around and say, "Oh no, that's on again?" However, she has watched a few episodes with me before. She saw Pre-School and laughed quite a few times. She also liked Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow when she watched it. She's also seen It's Christmas in Canada, Hell on Earth 2006, Go God Go, Good Times with Weapons, Cat Orgy... there's a few others, but I don't feel like listing the rest.

Anyway, she still makes fun of me for constantly watching South Park, but I can tell that she obviously likes it. When I asked her if she did, she said that she likes the way they take worldwide issues and recent events and turn them into comedy. (So, basically, she likes the satirical and political essence of the show.)

And she laughed when I told her about With Apologies to Jesse Jackson. She said she wants to see it now.

To sum all of that up: my dad doesn't really care for the show, but my mom will watch it occasionally.
moonsong56

Postby moonsong56 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 pm

My mom totally hates south park. I could show her the funniest ep in existence, and her mind would just totally block out any enjoyment because she's already made up her mind that it's just a stupid cartoon that teaches kids to swear and make fart jokes or whatever. she says she doesn't want me watching it but she doesn't enforce it, just acts all disappointed when she sees me watching it. It kind of bothers me that I'll never be able to change her mind about something I like so much.

My dad doesn't care that much, he laughs occasionally at the jokes but I think he's also gone into that wierd adult mindset where all animation is stupid. I hope I never get like that.

Luckily I have my brother to watch sp with, although I like to watch the new episodes by myself and he' always trying to watch with me or barges into my room during comercial breaks or whatever, which is kind of annoying.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”