do you like the older south parks or the newer ones

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:34 am

Don't worry about Nugget, I doubt he can string a sentence together.

Adritch: These were the episodes last season that dealt with poltics, a social issue, or a current event.
1- Smug Alert
2- Cartoon Wars I
3- Cartoon Wars II
4- Million Little Fibers
5- Manbearpig
6- Mystery of the Urinal Deuce
7- Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
8- Go, God, Go! I
9- Go, God, Go! II

Hell, even these episodes dealt with some sort of current thing:
1- Return of Chef
*The Hayes Issue*
2- Hell On Earth 2006!
*Send-up of a current MTV show.*

The only episodes that weren't current event heavy were
Tsst!
Make Love, Not Warcraft
Stanley's Cup

Hell, even Tsst! and Make Love, Not Warcraft will lose their luster a few years from now when that dog whisperer is no one and the World of Warcraft is replaced by some other game.

I also detest the fact that you assume those that like the older seasons automatically like fart jokes and don't like satire. Guess what seasons are included in the "old" seasons? Seasons five and six. They were the best seasons because the satire was present, but you weren't slammed over the head with it. The satire now and the politics of the show are starting to become the point of the show. It's less a comedy show now. The well-done jokes of season five and six have been replaced by quick jokes to satisfy base needs while the meat of the show is an issue. Look at My Future Self 'N Me. Good social episode. But, there was a large amount of jokes that made the episode excellently funny. You could completely disagree with the politics of the show and still like it. Now let's say you like George Clooney and believe that we need to be more supportive of environmental causes. That episode makes you feel like sh*t because it puts ALL liberals in the same boat. The jokes now aren't as good. Cartman walking through the streets of San Fran acting as though the city itself is going to do him in is funny for one second. After that, it's just filler.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:05 am

i like both new and old i don't care. The old ones are fun to watch cus I think about what was going on at the time that ep aired. It kind of takes you back. And the new ones are nice and Fresh. The show still shocks me.. I love it. I don't think there is a show that gets me to laugh out loud like South Park.
dangerously_cheesy

Postby dangerously_cheesy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:08 am

well i think the new shows are more moral bbased although i still wonder if theyre baseing their cartoon on morals 2 b sarcastic or not either way both the old an the new r prety entertaining
southparkfan9043

Postby southparkfan9043 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:43 am

:D :D i like seasons 4-10 the best but the first 3 were really funny but they didnt have good story lines and i only like season 10 because of the world od warcraft episode and the go god go 1
life is like a box of choclates u never know wat your going to get
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm

I like'um all! =3 -Shot-

I love comparing the backrounds old and new.
hippies19t

Postby hippies19t » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:24 pm

To be honost I like all of them. I mean each season has its own kind of bad episode but i think they are all good so far . The best seasons in my eyes would have to be season 8,7, and 4
whats up people
disorientedbliss

Postby disorientedbliss » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:33 am

Personally I'm not sure how to answer this one. The older episodes were just great but the newer ones you seem to be able to watch on repeat more often. But it amazes me to just see how much the show evolved from the older episodes. I think season five marked the start of the overall better episodes but I personally favor season four.
fastfoodboy13

Postby fastfoodboy13 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:52 am

there is no fine way to define which episodes are better, being that each season comes out at a certain time and people have different tastes for things as the years drone on and south park tries to adapt to that..Personally though after last seasons crappy episodes its kinda relief to watch these new episodes...
disorientedbliss

Postby disorientedbliss » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:06 am

by better i don't mean what the episodes rotate around. If you actually go back and watch some of the episodes as a comparison you can see that season five stands a huge marker. From there they kind of take a leap into a more professional way of obstructing the show. For example in season five they started to use a more linear format for episodes which enabled them to put more into each episode. Also via season five, Butter's was introduced as more of a main character and Kenny was officially killed, this gave the show a new pitch. Animation also seemed to get progressively better. I'm not saying which episodes are better because there are a lot of different ways to view that statement I'm just implying that the show really seemed to evolve as it writers became more aware of the works.
hippies19t

Postby hippies19t » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:43 pm

I agree with fastfoodboy13 everyone does have different tastes and everyone has a certain season they like
whats up people
CartmansFatHole

Postby CartmansFatHole » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:46 pm

hippies19t wrote:To be honost I like all of them. I mean each season has its own kind of bad episode but i think they are all good so far . The best seasons in my eyes would have to be season 8,7, and 4

Season 4 was garbage

f*cking nerd
hippies19t

Postby hippies19t » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 pm

To be honest I think that season 4 was a pretty good season along with all of them
whats up people
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:52 pm

Season 4 is probably the best season ever, along with Season 6.
deputy_fife111

Postby deputy_fife111 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm

I like the newer eps better. The old ones were just to simple and not as funny. But the newer ones are funnier and are more complex and they deal more with current events.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? -George Carlin

Postby 203177 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:52 pm

i would have to say in my honset opinion that i prefer the old seasons the best, there just the funniest.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “General South Park Discussion”