which SP episodes were banned?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AssassinKenny

which SP episodes were banned?

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:58 am

I know Bloody Mary was for a while but were there any others?
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:04 am

Trapped in the Closet, Bloody Mary and Jared Has AIDES were all banned at one time. Only Jared Has AIDES is banned now.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:13 am

yeah, I forgot about that Jared episode. I still don't see the big deal why it got banned. :roll:
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
andrewkilramos

Postby andrewkilramos » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:26 pm

I believe Super Best Friends is banned also. not 100% sure though
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:14 am

AssassinKenny wrote:yeah, I forgot about that Jared episode. I still don't see the big deal why it got banned. :roll:

I think it had something to do with them using the subway song without permission, or something like that.

I believe Super Best Friends is banned also. not 100% sure though

After what happened last year, I wouldn't doubt it.
nolly3813

Postby nolly3813 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:12 am

Terrance & Phillip in Not Without My Anus,Chinpokomon,A Ladder to Heaven was banned in Japan.
What a waste! :( Chinpokomon is one of my favorite!!
dup515516

Postby dup515516 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:18 am

I didnt know there was an Episode called Bloody Mary, what season is it? :shock:
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:32 am

youngkilla wrote:I didnt know there was an Episode called Bloody Mary, what season is it? :shock:

Season 9. It's right here:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/show/di ... 14&id2=143
specialex8

Postby specialex8 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:32 am

edit: whops
SPGoodman

Re: which SP episodes were banned?

Postby SPGoodman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm

AssassinKenny wrote:I know Bloody Mary was for a while but were there any others?

In the UK the "Trapped in the Closet" episode (915) is STILL BANNED, though "quietly and without sorrow", as L. Ron Hubbard described the elimination of "enemies of Scientology".

If you watch SP on the Paramount Comedy channels in the UK, you've never seen "TITC" on the air. That's because Tom Cruise - before he was fired from Paramount - threatened the Paramount Comedy Channel to say he wouldn't promote his stinker "MI:III" if it was aired.

Well, the movie didn't do that great ANYWAY, and the little "squirt" was fired some time ago. So why is Paramount Comedy Channel refusing to show episode 915?

If you look at their recent promotion, strangely similar to the one run by Rolling Stone online, one can select their 'top ten' episodes, seasons 1-10. But wait a minute! SEASON NINE IS SHOWING ONLY 14 EPISODES! How could this be?

I wrote to PCC via their website, thusly:

I Sent:
Subject: Why is season 9 missing one of the episodes?

"Trapped in the Closet" is missing, and it's not as if Tom Cruise won't promote his tanker of amovie, "MI:III", if you run it.

What's the deal? Are you guys such wimps about Scientology that you can't run the episode, let alone include it in your "best episodes of all time"'contest'? You've included the mohammed and virgin mary shows, so it's obvious your motivation isn't about consideration for religions or something. So please include "Trapped in the Closet" in your list. And run the thing for pete's sake!

Paramount UK replied:

Thanks for this email,

We're sorry you feel so strongly about this matter.

As we mentioned in the details on our website, there are certain episodes which we are currently unable to broadcast and as such wecannot allow them to be voted for.

Part of this competition is showing the most popular episodes on thechannel as part of a special South Park weekend and so including the episode you mentioned would be pointless as we couldn't show it. We feltit would be fairer to make this clear at the outset (hence the explanatory text on the homepage of the South Park microsite) than include the episode you mentioned and then exclude it from our viewer-selected top ten episodes.

Rest assured we are as disappointed by this as you are. We have considered the situation at length but I'm afraid, as a responsible broadcaster, have concluded that it is not appropriate to exhibit this episode at the moment. However, we review circumstances on a regular basis and will play the show should our analysis of the situation change.

Again, apologies that this episode is not included, but we like to think that there are enough quality episodes of South Park for you and other viewers to vote for.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us,

Paramount Comedy Web Team.

Chloe Chubb - Marketing and Communications Assistant
Paramount Comedy, 180 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1DS
Tel:+44(0)20 74785468, Fax:+44(0)20 7478 5446, http://www.paramountcomedy.com

Who else do I need to tell this about? Who in the UK office is still trying to protect Tom "little squirt" Cruise and John "woman in a fat suit" Travolta?

HTH.
SP Goodman
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
jeb134

Postby jeb134 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 am

Jared has Aides is banned? Is it just for Comedy Central, or for all channels because swear I saw it on CW a few months ago :?
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 am

I heard that the episode "Jared has aids" was banned because of the child abuse with Butters and his parents
also over here in Australia "Bloody Mary" was banned 4 a while,and im not sure if their going to ban "Hell on earth 2006" yet.
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:07 am

this is ridiculous. every episode offends somebody somewhere.
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:53 am

Butters Stotch100 wrote:I heard that the episode "Jared has aids" was banned because of the child abuse with Butters and his parents
also over here in Australia "Bloody Mary" was banned 4 a while,and I'm not sure if their going to ban "Hell on earth 2006" yet.

Yeah Betters is right ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Has_Aides
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:29 am

Clyde Donovan wrote:
Butters Stotch100 wrote:I heard that the episode "Jared has aids" was banned because of the child abuse with Butters and his parents
also over here in Australia "Bloody Mary" was banned 4 a while,and I'm not sure if their going to ban "Hell on earth 2006" yet.

Yeah Betters is right ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Has_Aides

The British satellite channel Sky One banned this episode due to the sequence with Butters' makeshift liposuction, the part where Butters eats his own vomit, the AIDS references, and Butters' parents beating him at the end of this episode, but was shown uncut on the UK terrestrial channel Channel 4.

But that's only in Britian. It says nothing about the United States.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”