which SP episodes were banned?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

SPGoodman

Postby SPGoodman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Ahenh!

Sky One (UK) does not run South Park, and never has. It's Paramount Comedy Channel that does (or in the case of "Trapped in the Closet") doesn't run SP, at least when pint-sized closet-gay fading stars bitch enough.
SP Goodman
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
ISChris

Postby ISChris » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:35 pm

SPGoodman wrote:Sky One (UK) does not run South Park, and never has.

Actually, Sky One had South Park back when it first came out. Their old logo is even on the VHS tapes.

See.
SPGoodman

Postby SPGoodman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:09 pm

Harrumph, I stand corrected!

But then I moved to this benighted isle in 2000. :P
SP Goodman
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:41 pm

in latin america, nor locomotion (now animax) neither mtv, showed jared has aides, ever.
becky-s-potter

Postby becky-s-potter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Trapped in the Closet is banned in the UK? Everyone I know just downloaded it from limewire/other file sharing sites/got a mate to send it to them. I think my little sis was doing quite a good trade in the favours market at school by lending her copy about. Banning it only made everyone more eager to watch it, it was kind of an act of futility.
I am way too old for this...
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:08 pm

SPGoodman wrote:Sky One (UK) does not run South Park, and never has.

Sorry, but I vividly remember sitting up to watch the first episode, on Sky One, when I was 12 years old.

Trapped in the Closet was banned here because Tom Cruise threatened to sue Matt and Trey in England, to get it blocked. Methinks the twat doth protest too much. Matt and Trey responded by claiming they were told to do it because they're servants of Xenu. Fantastic.

Anyway, Tom Cruise seemed to overlook the message at the beginning of every f*cking episode. You know, the one that says: "All characters and events in this show-- even those based on real people-- are entirely fictional." Doesn't that count for anything these days?

Eh, so we, the Brits, will never see this episode on Paramount or MTV, or even on DVD, since we don't seem to be getting anything past season 5. All I can say is, thank f*ck for the internet.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:02 pm

I am still not convinced Jared Has Aides was pulled because of the ending. Cartman especially has gotten the crap beaten out of him by lots of people including adults yet those episodes never pulled.

I think this has to do with a lawsuit/litigation between Subway and the use of trademarked material.
--------------------

Thrawny
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:33 pm

Thrawny wrote:I am still not convinced Jared Has Aides was pulled because of the ending. Cartman especially has gotten the crap beaten out of him by lots of people including adults yet those episodes never pulled. I think this has to do with a lawsuit/litigation between Subway and the use of trademarked material.

I can't recall many episodes where Cartman is beaten up apart from Super Best Friends, where he got his nuts kicked in by Stan and Kyle and Christian Rock Hard by Token. More often than not, Cartman deserves to be beaten up. But Cartman is only ever beaten up by his peers, and in the case of David Nelson in Apologies to Jesse Jackson, the adult only got one offensive move in. Which Cartman just laughed at, meaning he wasn't hurt.

Jared Has Aides is banned by some channels because of the abuse suffered by Butters, i.e. being forced to eat his own vomit, the makeshift lipo surgery and the beating he got from both his parents, which he did nothing to deserve and then the implied sadomasochistic comment from Cartman enjoying Butters' torture.

It's got nothing to do with trademarked material, because the commercial consists of Trey Parker's version of the theme, coupled by the image of a sandwich with softlighting. No Subway logos were used and they call the sandwiches, sandwiches or subs. They can call them subways because that is the style of the sandwich.

I want a sandwich.
Email notifications do matter, people.
brandon_waddle

Postby brandon_waddle » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 am

jared has aides is the greatet episode eber. what is funnier than cartman acting like butters this to butters mom and dad thus leading them to kick butters ass

cartman:hello
dad:im just checkin in on u butters say do i hear the television we told you no tv while ur grounded
cartman:gee whiz im not watching tv dad im just laying around jackin it
dad:jackin, jackin what
cartman:my hot spicy boner of course dad

theres more see it for your self buy the 6th season to see more
eatmanbearpig

Postby eatmanbearpig » Tue May 08, 2007 2:26 am

LMAO yeah that was funny as anything. He pulls out a lawn chair and some popcorn lol...
For prank calling the past only!
stupidbastard

Postby stupidbastard » Fri May 11, 2007 1:32 am

nolly3813 wrote:Terrance & Phillip in Not Without My Anus,Chinpokomon,A Ladder to Heaven was banned in Japan.
What a waste! :( Chinpokomon is one of my favorite!!

Japanese Sucks! I like Chinpokomon too.
Don't kick my chicken...
tommywu

Postby tommywu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:46 am

anyone who was involved with the banning of any south park episode should of died with the rest of the nazis
soulsforsale5s

Postby soulsforsale5s » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:37 pm

Well here (US), Comedy Central won't show Super Best Friends or Jared Has Aids, but I've seen them in syndication.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”