WHAT IS SOUTH PARK'S STANCE ON THE ENVIROMENT?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nonuggets

WHAT IS SOUTH PARK'S STANCE ON THE ENVIROMENT?

Postby nonuggets » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:47 am

It seems like they don't believe in global warming or anything else to do with the enviroment. They seem open minded on most issues and I enjoy their social commentary, but on this issue i strongly disagree. manbearpig is an obvious anti enviromentalist stance, and there are references through other episodes...what do you all think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:55 am

That the environment will take care of itself, thank you.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nonuggets

Postby nonuggets » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:03 am

As kyle says..."that's retarded"
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:44 pm

I believe South Park's position on environmental issues boils down to, "Whatever your opinion is, don't be such a dick about it."

You read it! You can't unread it!
adritch

Postby adritch » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:55 pm

Big-Will wrote:That the environment will take care of itself, thank you.

AMEN! The earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. I think she can take care of herself.
99.7% of "Greenhouse" gases are natural!
The countries that smoke the most Greece/Japan live the longest!
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:26 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I believe South Park's position on environmental issues boils down to, "Whatever your opinion is, don't be such a dick about it."

Which I believe is their stance on many issues.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
nonuggets

Postby nonuggets » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:14 am

I believe South Park's position on environmental issues boils down to, "Whatever your opinion is, don't be such a dick about it."

that would make sense...but manbearpig, two days before the day after tomorrow, terrance and philp reunion (earthday episode..), duesh and turd all basically say f the enviroment

Of all "Greenhouse gases" 99.7% are natural!
The countries that smoke the most, Greece and Japan, live the longest!

i wanna know your source....
NuGGet117

Re: WHAT IS SOUTH PARK'S STANCE ON THE ENVIROMENT?

Postby NuGGet117 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:34 am

nonuggets wrote:It seems like they don't believe in global warming or anything else to do with the enviroment. They seem open minded on most issues and I enjoy their social commentary, but on this issue i strongly disagree. manbearpig is an obvious anti enviromentalist stance, and there are references through other episodes...what do you all think?

:shock: it's a damn cartoon. It doesn't have a stance.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:22 pm

[quote="nonuggets":08289]that would make sense...but manbearpig, two days before the day after tomorrow, terrance and philp reunion (earthday episode..), duesh and turd all basically say f the enviroment[/quote:08289]

No, they're saying f*ck the bitchy environmentalists.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Their stance seems to be that it's okay to care for the environment, just so long as you don't be alarmist about it, or use the cause for your own political agenda.
nonuggets wrote:that would make sense...but manbearpig, two days before the day after tomorrow, terrance and philp reunion (earthday episode..), duesh and turd all basically say f the enviroment

True, but also look at episodes like Goobacks or Smug Alert. In Goobacks they realized that the only way to save the future is to fix the present (even if they did think it was gayer than all the men in a huge pile having sex with each other). In Smug Alert they concluded by saying that hybrid cars are a good thing, and may even save the planet one day, just don't act like you're better than everyone else because of it.

Also, in Douche & Turd, they weren't being anti-environmental. They were attacking PETA for being a hypocritical and extremist organization, which is in all likelihood true.
nonuggets

Postby nonuggets » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:13 pm

it's a damn cartoon. It doesn't have a stance.

lol...they tackle gay rights, enviroment, every religon out there, i'm kinda tired so i can't think of the rest of there social commentaries, and that's what they are, social commentaries.

I am really big on enviromental issues. I don't know how else to interpret manbearpig any other way than global warming is a myth. Its a made up monster. Two days before the day after tomorrow is saying that everyone is over reacting to it.

South park loves to cause drama...that's how they became successful in the first place. This may just be them trying to get people talking.

AND i still want the source on the 99.7% of green house gases are natural. I doubt you have a credible one. Anyone who hasn't seen an inconvient truth should give it a watch...the conclusions stated are based on evidence and supported well.
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 pm

nonuggets, consider the sources you have telling you that humans, and most likely americans, are the cause of all the world's problems.

oh yeah, I forgot to add that it all boils down to being Bush's fault, right?
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:50 pm

nonuggets wrote:
Anyone who hasn't seen an inconvient truth should give it a watch...the conclusions stated are based on evidence and supported well.

LMFAO!

Like that's an unbiased movie. You're kidding, right?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”