What's up with Cartman's voice?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

PraetorOctavius

What's up with Cartman's voice?

Postby PraetorOctavius » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:48 pm

What's up with Cartman's voice? How about Barbrady's?
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:05 pm

And CLYDE's voice!!!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:35 pm

I know, Cartmans voice really changed over the seasons. Alot! But for the better, its not all scratchy now.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Everything South Park

Postby Everything South Park » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:35 pm

I liked the old voice better, the new one is not as funny.
Anything and everything South Park at Everything South Park
RPG_Player

Postby RPG_Player » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:38 am

Yeah, I like the old voice better than the new voice. Could it be that trey parker's voice has changed?
PraetorOctavius

Postby PraetorOctavius » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:13 pm

RPG_Player wrote:Yeah, I like the old voice better than the new voice. Could it be that trey parker's voice has changed?

Are you suggesting Trey started puberty? Yeah, that's probably it! Trey prolly got his period, you guys! You see, there comes a time in every child's life when they grow up and nature takes its course by having you bleed out your ass for a few days every month - and then your voice changes! Trey's probably too ma-ture for us now. Well, maybe we'll get our periods soon, too. I'm gonna go and see if I'm bleeding out my ass.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:33 pm

PraetorOctavius wrote:Are you suggesting Trey started puberty? Yeah, that's probably it! Trey prolly got his period, you guys! You see, there comes a time in every child's life when they grow up and nature takes its course by having you bleed out your ass for a few days every month - and then your voice changes! Trey's probably too ma-ture for us now. Well, maybe we'll get our periods soon, too. I'm gonna go and see if I'm bleeding out my ass.

Hey, you guys! I just checked and I'm bleeding out of my ass, so I can go and hang out with Trey now!
Hah, hah, hah, hah, haa haa
Nah, nah, nah, nah, naa, naa
Josset

Postby Josset » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:51 pm

I THINK ITS PROBABLY THE RECORDING THING THEY USED CHANGED. BUT THEN AGAIN, EVERYONES VOICE WOULD HAVE CHANGED. 8)
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Josset wrote:I THINK ITS PROBABLY THE RECORDING THING THEY USED CHANGED. BUT THEN AGAIN, EVERYONES VOICE WOULD HAVE CHANGED. 8)

No, really, I believe Trey has just adopted a different tone to the voice over time, consciously. Like he said, for example the semi-southern accent sort of grew on Cartman once he used it in the Red Badge of Gayness. And the whiny "there you goooo" came from the Damien episode. It's just been sort of evolution how the voice's changed. Like all of their voices.
Kyle and Stan's voices aren't nearly as high as they used to be. I think that maybe Matt and Trey are just speaking in their normal voices on them now, and then just speeding it up, instead of trying to make a kid's voice. And Butters, too, doesn't sound anything like he did in Two Guys Naked in a Hottub.
So it's not just Cartman.
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Yeah, but seriously, what happened to Barbrady? Trey just lost that one entirely.
I guess we've got that detective guy who's name escapes me as a replacement for Barbrady, but come on.
Hello, I'm a British person!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Sasa42 wrote:Yeah, but seriously, what happened to Barbrady? Trey just lost that one entirely.
I guess we've got that detective guy who's name escapes me as a replacement for Barbrady, but come on.

You mean the voice or the character?
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 am

Josset wrote:I THINK ITS PROBABLY THE RECORDING THING THEY USED CHANGED. BUT THEN AGAIN, EVERYONES VOICE WOULD HAVE CHANGED. 8)

Don't you think that after 10 years it's just a normal transformation? A little change here and a little here, and voila! You have a totally different voice!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:03 am

South Park isn't the small town it used to be, so it needed a big-city police force. Barbrady was always a joke anyway.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
danny18

and

Postby danny18 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:07 am

Cartmans voice has'nt changed all that much, but if theres one voice thats has then its wendies, It like changed over night. The voice isnt as young and cute as it was back in the begining. Serprized no one commented on it
sOuThpArK RILES!!!!!!!!!!! (Kick ass)
Sasa42

Re: and

Postby Sasa42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:44 pm

danny18 wrote:Cartmans voice has'nt changed all that much, but if theres one voice thats has then its wendies, It like changed over night. The voice isnt as young and cute as it was back in the begining. Serprized no one commented on it

That's because of the untimely departure of Mary Kay Bergman who voiced her originally. She was incredible :(
Hello, I'm a British person!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”