What's up with Cartman's voice?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

spustise

Postby spustise » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:18 am

I noticed that his voice changed over time, but it also changes from episode to episode, especially in season 11 if you watch cartman sucks, and the hillary clinton episode his voice is totally different, cartman is my favorite character and its really bugging me that they change the voice so much. I heard that both trey and matt do the voice so it might be that.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:05 am

Maybe Trey's sick? Allergies? Spring Cold? Dropsy? Rickets?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:49 pm

spustise wrote:I noticed that his voice changed over time, but it also changes from episode to episode, especially in season 11 if you watch cartman sucks, and the hillary clinton episode his voice is totally different, cartman is my favorite character and its really bugging me that they change the voice so much. I heard that both trey and matt do the voice so it might be that.

Cartman's voice was slightly different in The Snuke because Trey was immitating Kiefer Sutherland's performace as Jack Bauer.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Josset

Postby Josset » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:05 am

NuGGet117 wrote:
Josset wrote:I THINK ITS PROBABLY THE RECORDING THING THEY USED CHANGED. BUT THEN AGAIN, EVERYONES VOICE WOULD HAVE CHANGED. 8)

Don't you think that after 10 years it's just a normal transformation? A little change here and a little here, and voila! You have a totally different voice!

Yeah i guess you are right.
seawoman

Postby seawoman » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:28 pm

Trey always says he created Stan's voice but fat for Cartman. And all these years Cartman's voice sounded fat and stupid which has been funny. Now he sounds pretty much normal--yes, I like the old Cartman's voice much better.
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:45 pm

I liked Cartman's old voice better, true, but it makes sence that the character's voices may change over time, I mean the boys are getting older right? Either way it's fine with me I guess.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
ClydesGirl

Postby ClydesGirl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 am

[quote="strumpfhose":254e8][quote="PraetorOctavius":254e8]
Are you suggesting Trey started puberty? Yeah, that's probably it! Trey prolly got his period, you guys! You see, there comes a time in every child's life when they grow up and nature takes its course by having you bleed out your ass for a few days every month - and then your voice changes! Trey's probably too ma-ture for us now. Well, maybe we'll get our periods soon, too. I'm gonna go and see if I'm bleeding out my ass.[/quote:254e8]

Hey, you guys! I just checked and I'm bleeding out of my ass, so I can go and hang out with Trey now!
Hah, hah, hah, hah, haa haa
Nah, nah, nah, nah, naa, naa[/quote:254e8]

lolI don't know. But ya a lot of Trey's characters voices are getting deeper....
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm

This has come up once before in one of the older threads, long since forgotten, no doubt. But one thing's for certain: the concept is nothing new.

A lot of you would be right. As time goes, voices tend to alter a little bit as the actors get more comfortable in their roles. The biggest changes we've probably seen in SP were when T&P were introduced. It mixed around a lot until "Anus," once the voices were well-established.

But check any early eps of any other animated series and you'll see the same situation pop up. Simpsons, for example. Listen to Mr. Burns as he is now, and get a listen to his Season 1 appearances. Major difference there!

Like I mentioned the last time this subject came up, it's a trend that dates all the way back to the first sound films and Mickey Mouse. Yes, even Walt Disney himself had trouble establishing an official voice at first, and I've got the DVD collections to prove it--the B&W shorts of the '20s and '30s in the Treasures box sets!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”