Is South Park just not as funny as earlier episodes?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:25 am

in season 8 was good especially the jeffersons who that was one of my fav so f*ckin funny
PaulBurns235

Postby PaulBurns235 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:11 am

I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer seasons 5-10 instead of 1-5. I mean, I LOVED the first few seasons of SP and they hold a dear place in my heart, but when I look back and watch some episodes I don't find it as funny anymore (Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the older episodes, but I think I've matured as I've gotten older and stuff)

I really love the South Park episodes that have social commentary in them, because its just so completely different then everything else on television. My most enjoyable seasons have got to be 7-9, the subjects they tackle and the comedy they display is just SO funny to me.

Southpark definately has changed their style over the years, but if they didn't everyone would be getting burnt out from the same old stuff, they HAD to evolve over 11 seasons.

Regardless, I still enjoy Southpark and think its the bomb diggity, yo.
I'm Paul, You're Jealous
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:22 am

south park is still funny but i hope it goes funnier though out season 11 [last half] and 12 and the rest seasons if they make more seasons after 12. hopefully they will
El Fuego

Postby El Fuego » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:29 pm

I miss the old south park also. The innocence mixed with the swearing added to the shock value and made it more funny. I loved how in the movie Stan would ask where he could find the clitoris, lol. Now they are all mature so the swearing isn't as funny as it used to be.

I also missed the old cartman when he was stupid and blunt about things.

With that said I still think south park is funny, they still deliver messages well (cartoon wars)... but after downloading and watching the south park movie again, I realized how much it's changed and how great the series used to be compared to now.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:10 am

SEASON 8 :D
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:55 am

PaulBurns235 wrote:I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer seasons 5-10 instead of 1-5. I mean, I LOVED the first few seasons of SP and they hold a dear place in my heart, but when I look back and watch some episodes I don't find it as funny anymore (Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the older episodes, but I think I've matured as I've gotten older and stuff)

I really love the South Park episodes that have social commentary in them, because its just so completely different then everything else on television. My most enjoyable seasons have got to be 7-9, the subjects they tackle and the comedy they display is just SO funny to me.

Southpark definately has changed their style over the years, but if they didn't everyone would be getting burnt out from the same old stuff, they HAD to evolve over 11 seasons.

Regardless, I still enjoy Southpark and think its the bomb diggity, yo.

I second everything you said.
Stanleys_Angels

Postby Stanleys_Angels » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:09 am

Some episodes, yes, aren't as good as the old ones. But some episodes beyond\in Season 6 or 7 are actually really good. Take a look at The Jeffersons, Make Love, Not Warcraft, Good Times With Weapons, Raisins, etc. Those episodes were even better than the old ones. Besides those instances, however, I have to agree that newer SP episodes aren't nearly as well-done as the old. It has it's pros and cons, but overall, older eps. are better.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:23 am

very tough
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 am

Older episodes all the way..
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 am

Schantrac wrote:Older episodes all the way..

I'd totally agree. I'm all about random humour. :P I find a few funnies in the newer episodes, but.. not really as much. Too many predictable spoofs, not enough random, hit-you-in-the-face-when-you-don't-expect-it sorts of things.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Butters... YAY!!!

Postby Butters... YAY!!! » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:34 pm

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:in season 8 was good especially the jeffersons who that was one of my fav so f*ckin funny

hehe. ya! I like that episode too :) I mainly like *almost* all the episodes I've seen... especially "Fat Butt and Pancake Head", "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy", "Make Love, Not Warcraft" and "Quintuplets 2000"
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:49 pm

I can't separate "funny" South Park from "good" South Park, really... I mean, I take them as a whole package and can't even say which episodes I find just plain funny... I prefer the ones that work as a whole thing even if you don't laugh your ass off watching them. I think season 10 was some kind of a milestone. It was kind of a big change to the show. And (I've said this a few times under various topics but) it had both the BEST and the WORST South Park episodes ever made.... IMO... kind of contradictory.

And I think season 11 has continued the thing 10 season started... The last seasons will be very different from any of the earlier ones.
Marc_Marc

Postby Marc_Marc » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:23 am

As has been said, a tough one. The older episodes are so much different, it's like watching another show. I must say the newer ones aren't as consistant. The Easter Special episode was fantastic but A million little fibres was the biggest peice of sh*t. Worst. Episode. Ever. The older episodes were great because when I was like 10 years old, i seemed to share the same humour as the writers...i don't know what that says about MandT....
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:12 am

old eps are the best, just like episode ''simpsons already did it'', watch that then watch a new episode, a massive difference.
SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 pm

I personally think the seasons get better every year. In my opinion South Park is one of the few shows that has remained fresh and funny. The Simpsons on the other hand. :cry:
Who's a jigga wha?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”