Seth McWhat the hell ever says screw south park!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Seth McWhat the hell ever says screw south park!

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:31 pm

Last night on Talk Show with Spike Somthing on FOX, The creater of Family Guy says he is really good friends with the Simpsons creater, but gos on to say "Those South Park guys hate my guts." Spike says "Why?" Douchbag says "They don't like our cut-a-ways for some reason." Then Spike says screw them they're on cable! Or somthing like that. And than Douchbag says the same thing "Yeah, Screw those guys." And the damn crowed of people cheer! Screw his Brain the dog sounding ass. (He sounds just like the dog in FG)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 pm

You're insulted by that? Jeez man, a little thin skinned are we?

South Park devotes two episodes to picking apart the formula for your basic Family Guy episode and Seth's response is "screw those guys" and you're upset about it? Good thing Matt & Trey can take what they dish out, unlike some of thier fans, apparently.

And it's "MacFarlane" for the record.

You read it! You can't unread it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:32 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:You're insulted by that? Jeez man, a little thin skinned are we?

South Park devotes two episodes to picking apart the formula for your basic Family Guy episode and Seth's response is "screw those guys" and you're upset about it? Good thing Matt & Trey can take what they dish out, unlike some of thier fans, apparently.

And it's "MacFarlane" for the record.

No, not really insulted. well I guess I got a little carzy and retarded, but what I mean is I thought that they (SP and FG) got along and just joked about each other. But I just got mad that he was offended by SP. And I realize that makes me look like retarded. I am sorry for myself cause I feel retarded now :cry: I feel like a douchbag now for posting this crap.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Is there a way to delete this whole thread? I don't want people to think I am an assh*le. :lol:
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Seth doesn't give a toss. He's asked and he responded. But it's more tongue in cheek saying "screw those guys". I'm sure if he wanted to respond, he could via the Family Guy episodes. But he doesn't want to be dragged into a cartoon-war with South Park who could (and I'm a fan of both) rip Family Guy to shreds. Therefore, Seth just wants to get on with things. I think he and the guys also admitted that he found it hilarious.

More pro-South Park + anti-FG = eurgh.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:55 pm

CartmanMills wrote:Seth doesn't give a toss. He's asked and he responded. But it's more tongue in cheek saying "screw those guys". I'm sure if he wanted to respond, he could via the Family Guy episodes. But he doesn't want to be dragged into a cartoon-war with South Park who could (and I'm a fan of both) rip Family Guy to shreds. Therefore, Seth just wants to get on with things. I think he and the guys also admitted that he found it hilarious.

More pro-South Park + anti-FG = eurgh.

Yeah, I do like FG to, I guess he just said that as a fast response because he was put on the spot. But I feel stupid for even getting mad at somthing so stupid. But like Kyle, I've learned somthing today, getting mad at someone saying somthing like that is stupid. By the way, I apologize to Seth for this, and I still like Family Guy.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:14 pm

Screw his Brain the dog sounding ass. (He sounds just like the dog in FG)

That's because he is. :lol:

Just... take it in stride. It's all jokes, mostly.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:20 pm

I do find it interesting that Seth used an altered form of an old Cartman catch phrase. (Screw those guys = screw you guys, I'm going home.)

If they wanted to take a shot at South Park, they would've done it in Road to Rupert where Brian and Stewie need to travel to Aspen to get Stewie's teddy bear back. They were literally in South Park's back yard on the way there. It was a golden opportunity, but they played it cool.

MacFarlane did mention the Cartoon Wars business on a couple volume 4 commentaries. It was just things like, "Yeah, there's a manatees joke." They know they have to shoehorn in some of those cutaway gags.

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:24 pm

I must admit, I like the cutaways, its just that I don't like that thats all they do pretty much, but over all, if I didn't have Dish, I would watch that show every chance I got. :D
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:45 pm

The problem witht the cutaway gags now is not only do they have to do nothing with the plot, but they are mostly a random person rambling about a random topic for 5 minutes with that overused gay guy's voice. They slow down the plot so much it is painful to watch.
Setting the standard since 1852
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:57 am

Meh, this happens all the time. No need to get worked up about it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
sk8terzrock

Postby sk8terzrock » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 am

IneedBoutTREEFIDDY wrote:The problem witht the cutaway gags now is not only do they have to do nothing with the plot, but they are mostly a random person rambling about a random topic for 5 minutes with that overused gay guy's voice. They slow down the plot so much it is painful to watch.

Thats Why I Dont Really Like New Family Guy.
ERIC THEODORE CARTMANImageImage

http://www.madmaxtaylor.piczo.com
have msn add mad_max_4000@msn.com
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 pm

So what?

I didn't see the interview, so I don't know if Seth Mcfarlane was only joking or not..He probably was, but who cares? Besides, if you remember, it was Trey and Matt who devoted two episodes last year to making fun of Family Guy and it's randomness. And, it is them who seem to have an issue with fans saying South Park is as good as Family Guy, which they have made pretty public..So why can't Seth say screw them if he wants to?

By the way, I like the cutaway jokes in Family Guy..Some of them are pretty funny, and also, no other show that I have seen does them.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:25 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote: By the way, I like the cutaway jokes in Family Guy..Some of them are pretty funny, and also, no other show that I have seen does them.

Well the Simpsons invented the concept of cutting away from the action to tell a funny joke. The mid 90's was the era of the Simpson's cutaway gag. The show moved away from them right about the time Family Guy premiered and soon took the cutaway gag to the next level.

Since then I've seen cutaway gags on other shows. Especially Scrubs. Nobody does a live action cutaway like Scrubs.

ceasefire

Postby ceasefire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm surprised. I didn't take the SP episodes as an attack on FG. Yeah, they LITERALLY made fun of it, but how many times have they made fun of something in a manner that was meant to convey a point. The obvious point was that we shouldn't censor things 'cause it will cause us to censor everything, but also mocking peoples reaction to the newspaper that ran the cartoon of Muhammed.

I merely thought FG was a way to convey that message. And if anything I thought it was almost a "shout-out" to another cartoon that wasn't afraid of who they would offend.

Also, even if FG wanted to retaliate, I don't think they could have an episode yet. I know it takes about 9 months for a Simpsons episode to be completed, wouldn't FG be much the same?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”