Her majesty the Queen

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

munkyman00

Her majesty the Queen

Postby munkyman00 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:07 pm

For all you non UK residents, you may find this news clip amusing. It is listed on the BBC site http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6509459.stm

and it reads..

Satirical US cartoon series South Park has aired a show which features the Queen committing suicide.
In a parody of hit drama series 24, the British monarch is seen to be behind a plot to overthrow the US.

When the plot fails, the cartoon Queen responds by putting a gun in her mouth and shooting herself.

The show, now in its 11th series, has courted controversy before, making fun of the Virgin Mary, Prophet Muhammad, actor Tom Cruise and Scientology.

Actor Isaac Hayes, who was the voice of Chef in the show, quit after the Scientology episode, saying it was insensitive to his "personal spiritual beliefs".

'Grossly insensitive'

An episode which made fun of TV naturalist Steve Irwin just weeks after his death also drew criticism last year.

The Australian star was seen at a party with the stingray that killed him last September hanging from his chest.

John Beyer, of TV watchdog Mediawatch, called it "grossly insensitive".

The latest episode also features US presidential contender Hilary Clinton.

It is not yet known whether the episode will be shown in the UK, where South Park is broadcast by the Paramount Comedy channel.

I personally look forward to the episode!
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:43 am

I'm a British person, and therefore i know what the queen thinks. She loves this show. That’s all I can say. Her and her husband, King Blair, both love it to bits. I also know where this article comes from, the most detestable sh*t rag since Towlie, the Daily Mail, which hates everything, for those lucky enough to live away from it's home island. Most tabloids like to do hate stories, but this paper can't stop; it even harrassed itself one time, until it realised the next day what it'd done (full story was in Private Eye, don't know if you have that in the states, a while back, when the paper hated on 'the tabloids that drove a man to suicide' after he was posthumourously found innocent of a crime the Mail [and only the Mail] said he commited until, two years after his death, another man got put away for them)!
buster108

Postby buster108 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:47 pm

I hope they do show that episode in the U.K. :D
becky-s-potter

Postby becky-s-potter » Fri May 11, 2007 10:41 am

...actually it goes 'her royal highness' (HRH) or 'your majesty', never 'your highness', which just sounds wrong when you think about it.

Anyway.

It stands to reason QE2 likes it, her mum did a kick ass take of Ali G at 101.
I am way too old for this...

Return to “General South Park Discussion”