Emmy and Peabody awards are worse things to ever happen

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

eatmydeaduterus

Emmy and Peabody awards are worse things to ever happen

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:10 pm

Since getting those awards it seems like SP is in a weird sort of limbo. From articles like that dreadful Rolling Stone one, it seems like it's become cool to like SP for being satirical, instead of funny. If SP the movie came out now they would happily give it an oscar, but for all the wrong reasons (e.g. taking Tom Cruise down a notch). The Reason interview seems to have made things worse, like that SP Republican nonsense. Too many political factions trying to 'claim' SP as their own.
swellman7

Re: Emmy and Peabody awards are worse things to ever happen

Postby swellman7 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:51 pm

eatmydeaduterus wrote:Since getting those awards it seems like SP is in a weird sort of limbo. From articles like that dreadful Rolling Stone one, it seems like it's become cool to like SP for being satirical, instead of funny. If SP the movie came out now they would happily give it an oscar, but for all the wrong reasons (e.g. taking Tom Cruise down a notch). The Reason interview seems to have made things worse, like that SP Republican nonsense. Too many political factions trying to 'claim' SP as their own.

Wait, you're saying that because south park has won awards, it's not good anymore?
chewy_copp

Postby chewy_copp » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:11 pm

Toward the end of the 9th season, the show started becoming an action filled show and a suspenseful one, and started making fun of boring stuff in the news and started getting themselves into trouble. I miss the show when it used to be the kids learning something funny and the adults doing something weird. btw, the show wasn't as great since Chef was killed off...
Lu lu lu, I got some apples . . .
eatmydeaduterus

Re: Emmy and Peabody awards are worse things to ever happen

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:33 am

swellman7 wrote:
Wait, you're saying that because south park has won awards, it's not good anymore?

No absolutely not (sorry, I was completely drunk when I posted this topic). I was just annoyed at the way some journos who wouldn't spit on SP a few years ago are now brown nosing it to death. It just seems like SP is holding back a bit... But then again, who cares what frigging journos think. They stink! Yay!

(Don't post drunk. Or say you did. Threads are locked for this. - BW)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”