Bill Donohue on south park Easter Special

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

aristottlesdeathwish

Bill Donohue on south park Easter Special

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:36 am

""The ultimate hypocrite is not Comedy Central — that's their decision not to show the image of Muhammad or not — it's Parker and Stone. Like little whores, they'll sit there and grab the bucks. They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus. That's their stock in trade." — Donohue, in a statement about South Park creators Parker and Stone following the "Cartoon Wars Part II" episode.

Parker and Stone had criticized their home network, Comedy Central, for refusing to display an image of Muhammad in a South Park episode. Though the image of Muhammad was not present, an image of Jesus Christ (a recurring character on the show), depicted defecating on an American flag and President Bush, was left intact in the episode, which many claimed illustrated the network's own hypocrisy. [23] This scene was likely actually done to make a point by Parker and Stone---that while Jesus can be parodied on television, Muhammad is considered off-limits due to the potential of Islamic terrorism. It should be noted however that in an eariler season, Muhammad was shown (not censored) as being part of a religous super team along with Jesus, Buddah, and other religous figures.

On 4 April 2007, South Park parodied Donohue in the eleventh season episode "Fantastic Easter Special" as a power-hungry official of the Catholic Church who overthrows the Pope and sentences Jesus to death for going against the Church. (On the episode he calls Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski "whores," likely in reference to the above quote.) Pope Benedict XVI throughout the episode frequently questions Donohue's actions stating "I don't think that is very Christian." Donohue later overthrows Benedict and proclaims himself the Pope when Benedict objects to Donohue wanting to go against Jesus. In the final sequence, Jesus kills him using a Glaive, a reference to the movie Krull, then putting on a pair of sunglasses, a reference to the movie Blade."

And that is why Matt and Trey hate Bill Donohue.
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:13 am

Bill Donahue is a dumb f*ckin pussycat. No one cares about his stupid opinions
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:14 am

what the f*ck is that "pussy cat" sh*t? I typed c**t
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:30 am

It's called a word filter, you f*cking pussycat. And this issue has been addressed in Headline News several forums down from here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”