Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

The Fanbase has spoken!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:35 pm

Matt, Trey, please stop doing the following:

movie/TV parodies
current event stories

Add your own overdone topics here. As someone on another board said, whatever happened to crazy out-of-nowhere sh*t like Underpants Gnomes and Scott Tenorman Must Die?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
solidviper

Postby solidviper » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:41 pm

I like the parodies and current event things in moderation

I don't like too many Cartman centered episodes

I want more "Woodland Critter Christmas" and "Stanley's Cup" types of eps.

and no im not even a Stan fan girl...it's just those episodes have really awesome humor
[img:00819]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6105/southparksigqq4.png[/img:00819]
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:52 pm

Please stop:

-Using Cartman in every episode
-Dominating the episodes with lame plots that do not involve the boys.
-Both things that Will mentioned.
-Using Butters all the time.

Please do:

-Bring Tweek back in a decent role.
-Give Kenny some good lines again.
-Bring back the kid\\\'s sense of innocence.
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this but cut down on the use of Butters. If you are going to do more episodes which give Butters a role, At least make it a funny and worth while role.

Please bring back Tweek, and try and use Kyle's mum more. I'm seeing less and less of the bitch every season.
KennyDragon

Postby KennyDragon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:13 pm

Please have less Stan or Cartman centered-episodes

Have more Kyle or Kenny centered-episodes

Give Kenny more lines and more stuff to do then trail behind the boys or disappear in an entire episode.I hate to say this but if you have no more use for Kenny then..just let him rest in peace..

More orignal plots that we can get into the last few episodes I couldn't get into and I found myself changing the channel something I never did watching South Park.

Bring back or at least use some of the cameo characters please, such as Tweek, Wendy,Token, Timmy(he used to be so popular and now he's hardly ever heard from sound familiar?) and the other cameo characters.
Power of the dragon
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Generally, I've liked the new episodes. But their is one main problem I have to complain about: Their are too many things going on in one episode.

This has been a problem in recent episodes. We need simplicity. Not simplicity of the actual plot, but less stuff going on in an episode. Alot of episodes have had the potential to be perfect episodes, but only turned out average because of too many things going on.

This was especially a problem in the new episode. At first I thought it was pretty good, but the more I watch it, the less I like it. Ms. Garrison turning lesbian, a 300 parody, mexicans; It was all too much. When their are too many things going on in episode the plot feels rushed and/or uneven.

I think that future episodes should only focus on one main plot and if the episode has a subplot it should be closely related to the main plot

Well, that's my big fuss about newer south park.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 pm

A touch more Pip please. All we ever see of him is the top of his cap in the back of the class, maybe.

And also a little more Ike.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:08 pm

BRMBug wrote:A touch more Pip please. All we ever see of him is the top of his cap in the back of the class, maybe.

I agree with BRMBug, more Pip would be nice.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 pm

Yes, no more parodies unless you are doing a parody of a movie I would actually watch. There is no f*cking way I would watch 300, even though I kinda liked Sin City. And definately either no more political commentary/current event episodes episodes..Small jokes about current events aren't bad, but I am tired of episodes devoted to them. The reason why I say this is the movie parodies are usually now done in a way that you have to have seen the movie to get them. The current event episodes are only good for starting arguements on the board. And, this isn't the South Park I fell in love with back in college, where everyone could just watch it and laugh together no matter what their political beliefs or taste in movies were. What we had on the show back then was alot more fun than what we have now.
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:21 pm

Thankfully the fanbase is MUCH LARGER Than the little cross-section we see here at the forums.

MATT & TREY keep doing what you do and ignore these whiners.

I want M & T to keep doing political satire and keep ripping on liberals, and parodies and current events are a part of that.

Tell us what YOU GUYS think Matt & Trey.Your views are refreshing whereas Jon Stewart's were stale before he ever came to comedy central.

He belongs on Mtv and Girls Gone Wild commercials with Snoop Dogg.Or maybe he could be Jimmy Kimmel's water boy or something.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:52 pm

I don't mind Parodies and Political episodes as long as it isnt totally American

I would like some more "Boys being boys" episodes and random adventures with loads of weird crap but I'm not bored of what they are doing now

Also bring back awesome characters like Pip and Jimbo and Ned
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:06 pm

Please bring Saddam Hussein back for one final go before retiring him to the gallows for good. We haven't seen him since "It's Christmas in Canada"! :(
Still the same as it ever was.
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:18 am

swellman7 wrote:This was especially a problem in the new episode. At first I thought it was pretty good, but the more I watch it, the less I like it. Ms. Garrison turning lesbian, a 300 parody, mexicans

I thought that was cool. It adds to his character. He's now had sex with every organ and with/as both genders :D

They could have made a whole episode out of that plot right there
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:35 am

NuGGet117 wrote:
swellman7 wrote:This was especially a problem in the new episode. At first I thought it was pretty good, but the more I watch it, the less I like it. Ms. Garrison turning lesbian, a 300 parody, mexicans

I thought that was cool. It adds to his character. He's now had sex with every organ and with/as both genders :D

They could have made a whole episode out of that plot right there

But therein is the issue he had. Instead of focusing on three things, focus on one. Then you get into the scenes and can make the episode great instead of servicing a story.

Less Cartman. He is the designated hitter, not the starting pitcher.

More Kenny, but not Kenny as a prop storylines where it feels pieced together.

Less Butters. Funny, but not main four quality.

Less whiny/questioning Stan and Kyle. Have them be kids before decide to imagine them as professors in college.

Less paying attention to retards like Hainted.

Simplicity is key. Simple storylines like in Cartmanland or Proper Condom Use allow you to work on scenes.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:36 am

Matt and Trey, we watch south park to laugh, not to watch the news. There are already shows like that. Too many, in fact. They're called the news. You're name is south park, so please write south park episodes, not whatever the hell is going on in this whacked world.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”