Parents Television Council hates South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

candies

Parents Television Council hates South Park

Postby candies » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 pm

American conservative media watchdog group Parents Television Council has frequently criticized South Park, as well as other Comedy Central programs like The Sarah Silverman Program and Halfway Home, for their over-the-top vulgar content and tastelessness. Among the episodes that the PTC has criticized include:

It Hits the Fan for excessive use of the expletive "sh*t"
Cartoon Wars Part II for depicting a desecration of Jesus Christ
With Apologies to Jesse Jackson for excessive use of the racial epithet "n*gger" allegedly in an insensitive manner.
In addition, since the eleventh season of South Park began, nearly every week the Council features a South Park episode and another Comedy Central program in its "Worst Cable Content of the Week".
:(
Isn't that sucks?
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Is there a source for this piece of news?

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:07 pm

O'Brien wrote:Is there a source for this piece of news?

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't really matter what they say about south park anyway. They're not actually doing anything to try to get it off the air. And even if they did, they wouldn't succeed.
candies

Postby candies » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Check it out on Wikipedia
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:24 pm

candies wrote:Check it out on Wikipedia

Wikipedia isn't a very reliable source.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Also, it's not exactly surprising that some people think South Park is a bad, offensive show.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:28 pm

The Parents Television Council is lead by a bunch of right wing censor monkeys who have no sense of humor and want to force their morals on the rest of the country.
(Don't get me wrong, there's enough left wing censor monkey groups out there. This one just happens to be right wing.)
They're the real life equivilant of Mothers Against Canada.

The PTC simply can't get it through their thick skulls that programs like South Park are intended for adults. That's ADULTS you brain dead wankers! They're trying to turn the airwaves into nothing but Leave it to Beaver repeats.

Everyone on the PTC can go f*ck themeselves up the ass with a statue of the Virgin Mary. It's freedom of speech. If you don't like it, don't f*cking watch it. If you don't want your kids watching it, get off your ass and do some parenting. With that stupid ratings system and those V-Chip things TV's have, you crybabies at the PTC have nothing to bitch about any more.

You read it! You can't unread it!
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:43 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:The Parents Television Council is lead by a bunch of right wing censor monkeys who have no sense of humor and want to force their morals on the rest of the country.
(Don't get me wrong, there's enough left wing censor monkey groups out there. This one just happens to be right wing.)
They're the real life equivilant of Mothers Against Canada.

The PTC simply can't get it through their thick skulls that programs like South Park are intended for adults. That's ADULTS you brain dead wankers! They're trying to turn the airwaves into nothing but Leave it to Beaver repeats.

Everyone on the PTC can go f*ck themeselves up the ass with a statue of the Virgin Mary. It's freedom of speech. If you don't like it, don't f*cking watch it. If you don't want your kids watching it, get off your ass and do some parenting. With that stupid ratings system and those V-Chip things TV's have, you crybabies at the PTC have nothing to bitch about any more.

By contrast, Bill Donohue never objected to the "Fantastic Easter Special" because it features him overthrowing Pope Benedict XVI, sentencing Jesus to death for going against the Church, and locking him and Kyle up, thinking he could execute them later; yet unbeknownst to Donohue, Jesus has the power of resurrection, which he puts into use again by having Kyle carry out the execution of stabbing him through the neck in prison so he can resurrect elsewhere and destroy Donohue. I mean, aren't parents offended by the way Jesus screams and bleeds from his throat all over the place before dying in this Da Vinci Code parody? I wasn't. Well, just a little, but I'm glad. :wink:
Still the same as it ever was.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Actually Bill Donahue made a short statement regarding that episode but he didn't say all that much. He was more subdued than angry compared to previous times.....

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:53 am

If anything, it goes to show that some conservative groups actually are out there railing against SP. M&T have repeatedly said in interviews that people are wrongly blaming groups on the religious right for trying to censor their show, but the fact of the matter is that you'll find censor monkeys on both political extremes. Some people want to impose political correctness to avoid offending ethnic or minority groups, and others want to impose political correctness to avoid offending the religious.

Personally, I think that shows like SP are actually a good thing for kids to be exposed to, but that's just me.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:14 am

Sooo... tell us something we don't know. Tell us why we should care what the PTC thinks about a show not intended for family viewing anyway.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:43 pm

There's always going to be those people who think organizing a meeting and complaining is going to make their problems go away. It's useless.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Wed May 02, 2007 7:40 pm

What's so wrong about what they said?

If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my young kids watch South Park because of it's offensive nature.

As an adult I see the comedy in it and am not offended, but kids shouldn't be cursing up a storm.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed May 02, 2007 7:55 pm

All I can say is; duh.

Of course they're gonna hate it. Children shouldn't be watching it, despite the fact that makes it more appealing to them.

Anyway, the show warns people that 'it should not be viewed by anyone'.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 02, 2007 8:39 pm

krunchyfrogg wrote:If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my young kids watch South Park because of it's offensive nature.

But you'd do this without consulting the PTC, right? :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”