GUNS

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

janemansfield

GUNS

Postby janemansfield » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:24 am

dunno if this has been discussed before, quite frankly i couldn't be arsed searching for it so...
I watched an interview in which trey said "I have a gun"...was this satire (dear lord, it must be!) or does he seriously own a gun?
swellman7

Re: GUNS

Postby swellman7 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 am

janemansfield wrote:dunno if this has been discussed before, quite frankly i couldn't be arsed searching for it so...
I watched an interview in which trey said "I have a gun"...was this satire (dear lord, it must be!)

Think you could be a little more specific with that quote?

or does he seriously own a gun?

I don't see the big problem with him owning a gun.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:50 am

swellman7 wrote:I don't see the big problem with him owning a gun.

Maybe Jane's a liberal, lol.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:56 am

He seriously owns a gun. With his money, he could afford it. He probably hasn't used it though. Michael Moore called him about contributing to [i:437e3]Bowling for Columbine[/i:437e3], but Trey declined. Charlie Rose asked him about it two years ago.

Trey: he, he actually called us when he was making the [i:437e3]Bowling For Columbine[/i:437e3] movie, and he said um, he said "I'm making this movie about gun control; will you make an animated thing for it?" and we said "ah, no, sorry, we're busy. [color=yellow:437e3]I have a gun, actually[/color:437e3], you know, so uh, I'muh, I'm not really interested." But then he said, to Matt, he said "Well, we're going to interview, uhuh, we just want to interview you about Littleton, ask you about Littleton," and that seemed like a, you know, a fine thing, so Matt went and did an interview about Littleton.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ClydesGirl

Postby ClydesGirl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 pm

Why would it matter? Most people do have guns.
janemansfield

Postby janemansfield » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:16 am

Nommel wrote:

or maybe jane's european. seriously, in britain, there aren't even any organised pro-gun lobbies, we're just not interested. it's not left or right-wing over here, it's just uncivilised. being pro-gun is strictly american. unless you're a drug dealer maybe.

anyway, the point is that from watching south park, you'd think they were sentient human beings who didn't just hoard weapons aimed solely at killing people, you know? i was really disappointed when i heard he owned a gun.

it was on the charlie rose show he said it, when talking about michael moore.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:39 am

janemansfield wrote:
Nommel wrote:

or maybe jane's european. seriously, in britain, there aren't even any organised pro-gun lobbies, we're just not interested. it's not left or right-wing over here, it's just uncivilised.

Then it shouldn't be much of a shock to you that Trey Parker, an American cartoonist, owns a gun.

anyway, the point is that from watching south park, you'd think they were sentient human beings who didn't just hoard weapons aimed solely at killing people, you know? i was really disappointed when i heard he owned a gun.

It's for protection dumbass. You're acting like he's some type of murderer.
gazm

Postby gazm » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:06 am

It's for protection dumbass. You're acting like he's some type of murderer.

Hmm, if you mean he would just have to point the gun at, say, a burglar and they run off then fair point (though a fake would have the same effect), if you mean he has it to shoot someone who was going to hurt or kill him, well in my eyes that is murder. He would have to do it to potentially save his own life so there's a just cause, but purposely ending someone's life prematurely is murder, and the circumstance dictates whether it was acceptable (self defence, euthanasia etc..) or not (cold blooded, the other person didn't threaten your life).

Anyway getting way to heavy with the morals here. Fact is, as long as he doesn't shoot anyone (or to a lesser extent, anything) then it really doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:23 am

janemansfield wrote:or maybe jane's european. seriously, in britain, there aren't even any organised pro-gun lobbies, we're just not interested. it's not left or right-wing over here, it's just uncivilised. being pro-gun is strictly american. unless you're a drug dealer maybe.

As we say here in these Uuunited States of 'Merica, guns don't kill people, people kill people (the weapon used is irrelevant). If Trey owns a gun and doesn't do anything with it, he's just as civilized, just as sentient, to me as a Brit who's not interested in guns. And I wouldn't go looking down on someone just because he happens to have a gun and I don't.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:29 am

I'm pretty sure Britain is the stabing capital of the world, I just heard that once, and I'm to tired to look it up, so I can't be sure. But if its true, than that kind of proves Wills point.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:40 am

Big-Will wrote:As we say here in these Uuunited States of 'Merica, guns don't kill people, people kill people (the weapon used is irrelevant).

Now calm down Skeeter, they ain't hurtin' nobody...

But anyway, I don't get it, did Trey ever say anything like he'd never own a gun or something?
janemansfield

Postby janemansfield » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:53 am

CruciFACTION wrote:I'm pretty sure Britain is the stabing capital of the world, I just heard that once, and I'm to tired to look it up, so I can't be sure. But if its true, than that kind of proves Wills point.

stabbings between gangs and drug dealers.
in america, it just seems everyone owns a gun. that's pretty terrifying.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:12 pm

janemansfield wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:I'm pretty sure Britain is the stabing capital of the world, I just heard that once, and I'm to tired to look it up, so I can't be sure. But if its true, than that kind of proves Wills point.

It's simply not true though. Their are lots of anti-gun people in america. And lots of people who don't own a gun.
janemansfield

Postby janemansfield » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:12 pm

swellman7 wrote:
janemansfield wrote:

It's simply not true though. Their are lots of anti-gun people in america. And lots of people who don't own a gun.

yeah, "seems", to the outside world all we hear about are massacres, people held up at gunpoint, robbery at gunpoint, people killing burglars...
and if somebody owns a gun, you need to ask what they intend to do with it. hunting is one thing, if trey has it for protection, that's his business, but it just seems a bit paranoid and violent.
janemansfield

Postby janemansfield » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:13 pm

Big-Will wrote:
janemansfield wrote:or maybe jane's european. seriously, in britain, there aren't even any organised pro-gun lobbies, we're just not interested. it's not left or right-wing over here, it's just uncivilised. being pro-gun is strictly american. unless you're a drug dealer maybe.

As we say here in these Uuunited States of 'Merica, guns don't kill people, people kill people (the weapon used is irrelevant). If Trey owns a gun and doesn't do anything with it, he's just as civilized, just as sentient, to me as a Brit who's not interested in guns. And I wouldn't go looking down on someone just because he happens to have a gun and I don't.

guns help though, don't they?
guns are also a lot more depersonalised and if you shoot someone, you usually shot to kill in one. people can survive stabbings and beatings (though obviously a lot do die).
and i'm not looking down on him...it's just disappointing. guns are....bad, really.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”