SP BORN ON AUGUST 13TH 1997

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmansCuzzin

SP BORN ON AUGUST 13TH 1997

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:24 am

In case nobody noticed yet, August 13th 1997 was the birth of & first day SP aired on television so that means it will soon be the official 10 year existence of South Park. Can't believe I was 11 when it first started and now I'm an adult still watching it and I remain a DIE HARD FAN til' this day! I am so happy for M&T and the show and I believe that they can easily make SP last for another 10 years. Feel free to post anything you'd like to say towards this marvelous acheivement.

And when 8-13-07 arrives, I want everyone that's apart of this site to post "HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SOUTH PARK" at midnight sharp so mark your calendars!
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:59 am

i didnt notice it by now but yeh its right but 10 years till they finish.. that would be good ubut iimpossible, no way that will happen alot sayy it maybe stop at season 14.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:26 am

I think they could make as long of a run as The Simpsons.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:44 am

I think they could make it last longer than The Simpsons when you take into consideration that South Park is actually funny (if that comment didn't make it obvious I don't like The Simpsons).
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:52 am

they can an hopefully, but the simpsons oooo it aint the best, it needs a much more improvement
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:33 pm

Exactly 1 week from today, South Park will be 10 years old! Countdown folks!
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:03 pm

If you don't count the short, Jesus vs Frosty..
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Well The Simpsons isn't as good as it was a few years ago, but it's pretty understandable. They have been writing episodes for 18 years for God sakes. But South Park is nowhere near as good as the Simpsons, but that could change.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:I think they could make it last longer than The Simpsons when you take into consideration that South Park is actually funny (if that comment didn't make it obvious I don't like The Simpsons).

Better not let Lior see that...

You hate The Simpsons? YOU HATE THE SIMPSONS?! D:< HOW COULD TSDHGS YOU SAASDGDS DO SOMETHING LIKE SDUIGYDS FDHS THAT?! You are an evil whore and you are going to die for that! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!! dsf BART IS SO SEXY HOW COULD YOU HATE HIM DSfshgfd OMFG YOU f*cking BITCH!!

By the way, I hate The Simpsons too.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:23 am

I don't really care if somebody hates The Simpsons. It's a big world. Not everyone is going to like one single thing.

Though I'd honestly say that nothing comes close to The Simpsons seasons 3-7, or probably 1-9, but 3-7 is the conservative, safe way to go. I'll stop being a nerd now.

South Park is slipping; season eleven thus far were pretty much all parodies with a serious lack of originality, and the show's never really had much emotion - which I think is what really gave The Simpsons its long run - but it is funny. But that is slipping.

Crap, I'm deterring the subject of the thread.

Congrats to South Park! It's quite the accomplishment for it to go on when hitting its tenth anniversary, not a lot of (animated) shows can say that. It deserves it, it's been a funny, entertaining show.

But I don't want (it to) nor think it'll last longer than The Simpsons.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:39 am

don't really care if somebody hates The Simpsons. It's a big world. Not everyone is going to like one single thing.

It's the size of the post that counts, not what you put in it.
never really had much emotion
Overly intrusive emotive techniques piss me off!
season eleven thus far were pretty much all parodies with a serious lack of originality

Nothing like the Simpsons then
But that is slipping
debatable. Very debatable.
But I don't want (it to) nor think it'll last longer than The Simpsons.

You want South Park to die? That's like wanting babbies to eat razor blades! You monster! I hope you turn yellow like the simpsons you so love!
By the way, I hate The Simpsons too

I didn't hate the Simpsons (i was just indiferent towards it) untill this very morning, when i was forced by a young relative to sit through the movie. The budget for the flick must have been (almost) as big as my cock(rel) and the production time can be counted in the number of spiecies to evolve since the films conception, yet it's still masterfully outclassed by BLU, a flim far shittier it's parent.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:52 am

Yeah, I remember that day ten years ago. I remember I came home and managed to catch the end of Cartman gets an Anal Probe.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:52 am

Who said anything about them being overly intrusive? If done with the right flow and subtility (which I feel quite a bit of The Simpsons has), then it feels natural and sometimes might even take a little longer to sink in how well the scene played out.

The difference between South Park and The Simpsons' flat, straight-out parodies is that with The Simpsons, you can enjoy it without ever having seen the original material. I haven't found myself able to do that with quite a bit of SP's season eleven thus far.

Yes. It is debatable that South Park's quality is slipping. Just about any opinion is debtable. Your point...?

And when did I say I wanted South Park to die? I never said that. If both shows continue to go on, I'll be pretty happy. I just don't really think it should outlast one of the greatest shows ever produced - a show that essentially paved the way for shows like South Park.

Ug. I figured this would happen with someone. I congratulate South Park on its success overall, but it isn't my favourite show, and I have some criticisms to point out with it in comparison with The Simpsons - a topic I never brought to this thread - so I get blasted for it. Thanks.
ilovestanlymarsh

Postby ilovestanlymarsh » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:06 am

I personally dont LOVE the simpsons, but i dont take it out on people who do. I still think its pretty funny.

Though i do agree that south park is slipping. I will continue to watch it.

So congratz to south park for going for so long.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:06 am

South Park and The Simpsons are nothing alike and The Simpsons should not have been brought into this thread. I love The Simpsons, but... yeah... that's off topic.

Congratulations, South Park, on ten years of awesomeness!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”