SP BORN ON AUGUST 13TH 1997

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:10 am

W00T!! Happy (upcoming) 10th birthday South Park! Beer at my house!
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:11 am

Unlike most SP fans now a days (hmm.. can I still be considered an SP fan? I don't really watch it too much..) I do not want the show to last for an insane amount of seasons.

I don't hate the Simpsons nor like it THAT much but nothing can stay as fresh as it was back in it's early years, and I'm afraid South Park would go down that same route.. as it seems to be doing that already..
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:13 am

Who said anything about them being overly intrusive?
If you look at my post, I think yoi'll find It was I. I'm a cold harted bastard and don't like to be reminded of the fact by overt attempts to ensite an emotional response from me (you're right that the simpsons is better than most shows at hiding it's emotion controll mechanisms, i just don't like the idea much at all myself). The Simpsons makes me horribly horribly depressed for some reason, there i said it, are you happy now? I don't know why, but like most shows i always end up hating myself after watching an episode!
The difference between South Park and The Simpsons' flat, straight-out parodies is that with The Simpsons, you can enjoy it without ever having seen the original material.
The difference is bit different from that actually; in the Simpsons, the parody's skin deep, it's not better or worse if you've seen the original, whereas in SP the parody runs deeper and, while funny if you havn't seen the original, is hillarious if you have.
I haven't found myself able to do that with quite a bit of SP's season eleven thus far.

OK, season 11 of SP was a bit sh*t. But what about simpsons season 11?
I get blasted for it.

I'm not blasting you, i'm blasting the Simpsons. If you take criticism of the show as a personal insult however, i really think you should watch a bit less.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:15 am

[quote="iceiwynd":99e49]I congratulate South Park on its success overall, but it isn't my favourite show, and I have some criticisms to point out with it in comparison with The Simpsons - a topic I never brought to this thread - so I get blasted for it. Thanks.[/quote:99e49]

Yeah, that was a little bit over the top. I'm sorry.

Good God, I haven't apologized to someone for... :shock: A great measure of time.

Ah well.

Congratulations to South Park. W00t.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:22 am

I'm not saying you have to like it... It's fine if you don't.

Also... I beg to differ on SP's recent parodies. D-Yikes wasn't funny, and I don't know if it would have been funny to me if I had watched 300 - it just dragged. SP parodies tend to go after the stuff more hardcore people who get what it's parodying would love. And I don't really go and watch a lot of different stuff, so... it doesn't fit for me.

Simpsons season 11, Simpsons season 11... Yeah. A lot of people call it the worst season. I don't think it's godawful, but it is one of the weaker seasons. Part of that has to do with some of the inner workings of The Simpsons, which isn't really like South Park, but I won't go into that. Also, the problems were differnet - not so much lack of originality, it was poor characterization and sometimes lack of direction that plagued that season. I'd still pick my favourites of season 11 of TS over my season 11 SP faves thus far. (Also, it isn't totally fair to compare here... TS has more episodes per season.)

I'm not blasting you, i'm blasting the Simpsons. If you take criticism of the show as a personal insult however, i really think you should watch a bit less.

You said, or implied, whatever, that I want babies to eat razor blades, you directly insulted me and called me a monster - how is that not a personal attack? I can see it being interpretted as a joke but given the tone of the rest of your post, it didn't come off that way.

Sadly this is really drifting off topic, and I apologize for that. There just isn't much else to say that's on-topic other than, "Congrats, South Park!" which I've already said.
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:28 am

Schantrac wrote:Unlike most SP fans now a days (hmm.. can I still be considered an SP fan? I don't really watch it too much..) I do not want the show to last for an insane amount of seasons.

Neither do I, Schanny. I think this should be their last contract, tbh. :/
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:14 am

If I had any money, I'd send them one of those cupcake-cakes (where they spread a shitload of icing over a bunch of cupcakes) in the shape of a penis, peeing, and have "Happee Anniversary" spelled out in huge letters on top.
tommywu

Postby tommywu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 am

I first watched south park when the only broadband I could get to was a sat dish on the roof of my work..

we in the office downloaded Santa vs. Jesus
& the rest, well, you know that
... hell I don't even remember, did we even have windows 95 yet ??
maybe eh right around that time ..

South Park is really in it's teens. ( i think )
I'd have to ask the creators or check wiki for more info..
funny thing was Garrison because one of the people in the office
I worked with, who also saw this first South Park when it was first on the internet, I later found out, was actually a man who had a sex change.
MetallicCartman

8/13/07 Ten Years For South Park!!

Postby MetallicCartman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:51 am

Yes my dear friends, in just 2 days the greatest animation show on your personal screen celebrates 10 years!!!(who didnt notice? I'll kick you in the nutts)
What do you have to say? Will it survive like the simpsons or it will end in a few years?

MetalliCartman
What would Brian Boitano write?
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:20 am

There was already a thread about this.....

But it got kinda off topic. So I say lock the old one.

Anywho, only two more days! W00T!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:31 am

I shall celebrate with punch and pie.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:35 am

BRMBug wrote:I shall celebrate with punch and pie.

As for me, I want cookies...sugar cookies.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
MetallicCartman

Postby MetallicCartman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Nahhh I dont like pie... I'll celebrate with some KFC or something like that, the good old stuff
What would Brian Boitano write?
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:37 pm

This may be a stupid question but didn't they have the 10th anniversary party last autumn already?
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:11 pm

I have to work...Dammit...

Return to “General South Park Discussion”