EPIC NEWS: South Park ending! No more loose ends!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

FreeQuebec86

Re: EPIC NEWS: South Park renewed through Season 17!!!

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 am

OMG, so nice to read this after the last episode !!!

DONT BREAK UR CONTRACT GUYS :D:D:D:D:

LOVE U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: EPIC NEWS: South Park ending! No more loose ends!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:36 am

Considering the events of tonight's episode, I feel a title change in is order...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 am

Sounds about right. I still haven't read anything about an actual contract signed. I read something about a pac or pack or something, but not an actual contract.
Demyx_Myde

Postby Demyx_Myde » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 am

I'm not seeing where it says that they signed for 17 seasons. I see that they signed through to 15. This doesn't mean that they signed for anything past that, just that they signed to go to the end of 15. And where it says that it will run to 2013, that just means that it will be replayed over and over throughout the coming years. It says nothing about addition seasons.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 am

Damn this threat title giving me false hope / certainty of the series going on indefinitely! If you asked a season ago i'd be kinda glad it's leaving life support but it's getting good again now why would they kill it when they finished their side project and can focus on it?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 am

Uh... Isn't the title still a bit speculative at the moment?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 am

Yes, but it's speculation based on the latest facts. And the latest confirmed fact is that there's no new contract after this year. If one comes up around Labor Day, it will be noted here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 am

If I am right I will be so IN UR FACE FORUM :@

If not, I will say sorry and all that pootnanny.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
bobschmoot

Postby bobschmoot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:50 am

Regardless of if the show continues or not, we have all undoubtedly enjoyed it for many years. I started watching South Park with my older cousins at the ripe old age of 5 during season one, and I have loved it ever since. Matt and Trey are absolute geniuses and if they feel it right to end the show now, then it is for the best. If this is the end, I think Matt and Trey (maybe it is fair to just call them "The Creators" or maybe God?) do not want to end up pulling a Lucas or a Spielberg on the show (reference episode 8 of season 12 if you don't catch the reference). These guys still love this show, and they love it enough to let go and move on. The funny thing about tonight's episode talking about how "parents don't understand" and what not, that is the exact connection I have always felt towards this show, that is the exact reason I have continued to watch (and thoroughly enjoy). These guys don't care about breaking boundaries, and shoving it in the worlds face, that is what makes them great, and they are willing to kill off the show before they run out of boundaries to break.

Thank you Matt Parker and Trey Stone. Whether you believe it or not (or read this or not :p ) this show has been defining for a generation, and will instantly be missed, but if you feel it has run its course then by all means pull the plug before televised life support airs once a week. That being said I know without a doubt you guys have the comedic prowess to continue the show indefinitely, and to continue producing witty, funny material, in fact I feel the last couple seasons have been the best so far, and feel all future seasons will only get better.

This show has been a place to remove yourself from the awfulness of the modern world, and to sit and laugh, this is one of lifes most simple joys, and yet so hard to achieve. Kudos to fifteen great seasons (and hopefully more)!!!!!!!!!
dawnstar

Postby dawnstar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Quite frankly, it seems about time that the show called it quits. It hasn't jumped the shark exactly but it just hasn't been really all that good since around season 10.

Each new season I watch in hope of the funny coming back and each season I'm treated to 2 or possible three (in the case of story arcs) episodes that are awesome while the rest seem sub-par and tired.

Matt and Trey are funny guys, but their use of South Park as an outline for that humor just isn't working anymore. I hate to say it but so many of the episodes almost feel Freidberg and Seltzer-ish in their formula. Perhaps that's due to Comedy Central's censoring of the material. Matt and Trey really seemed to have gotten their groove back in season 14, 10 out of 14 episodes were exemplary. But after the 200-201 fiasco, the uncensored versions won't even be available on the DVD's, I don't blame them for throwing in the towel.

I like the bittersweet feeling of the last episode because it says a lot about fans feelings for the show. And I hope that the final episodes of this season tie things up nicely for a final ending.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Year of the fan my ass.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
wildcats520

Postby wildcats520 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Considering that this was written in 2007 and that it says the contract is through season 15, I think this is the last season. I mean, Stan's parents divorced and Stan is no longer friends with the rest of the gang...This is going to be a long 4 months until the next episode.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Poor Trey and his divorce but after reading that I noticed I'm into similar things myself.

And hooray for NOT cancelling WIN
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
SPLover29

Postby SPLover29 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Season 15 is the end you idiots, I don't believe you can't read a simple contract or an article....This IS THE END...they want to move on.....they don't give a dam m about us or CARTMAN
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Each new season I watch in hope of the funny coming back and each season I'm treated to 2 or possible three ( episodes that are awesome while the rest seem sub-par and tired

As long as the show has a chance of delivering those rare goodies it's OK to keep going; we can always ignore the bad ones like Alien 3, harder but not impossible to imagine missing good'uns into existence. That said if they're only in it for the money, don't have any ideas for it, AND they could be doing something else they do have ideas and passion for if they pulled the plug here It might be right to end it. Whole-episode-parodies of stuff they haven't even seen (inshepshion) aren't a good sign their heart is still in it, almost feels like a joke on us, plus they seem to be pawning a lot off on other writers. If he's just sad about his divorce and getting old or something else he might recover from though... they seem to be recovering from season 12/13 rut and I hope this isn't a protest about the censorship or something stupid like that. I was starting to get cynical about the show when I saw the amount of last minute parodies, they're telling us they see it too, STILL think it means they want a change not an end but...
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “General South Park Discussion”