EPIC NEWS: South Park ending! No more loose ends!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cynthia325

Re: EPIC NEWS: South Park ending! No more loose ends!

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 pm

bobschmoot wrote:Regardless of if the show continues or not, we have all undoubtedly enjoyed it for many years. I started watching South Park with my older cousins at the ripe old age of 5 during season one, and I have loved it ever since. Matt and Trey are absolute geniuses and if they feel it right to end the show now, then it is for the best. If this is the end, I think Matt and Trey (maybe it is fair to just call them "The Creators" or maybe God?) do not want to end up pulling a Lucas or a Spielberg on the show (reference episode 8 of season 12 if you don't catch the reference). These guys still love this show, and they love it enough to let go and move on. The funny thing about tonight's episode talking about how "parents don't understand" and what not, that is the exact connection I have always felt towards this show, that is the exact reason I have continued to watch (and thoroughly enjoy). These guys don't care about breaking boundaries, and shoving it in the worlds face, that is what makes them great, and they are willing to kill off the show before they run out of boundaries to break.

Thank you Matt Parker and Trey Stone. Whether you believe it or not (or read this or not :p ) this show has been defining for a generation, and will instantly be missed, but if you feel it has run its course then by all means pull the plug before televised life support airs once a week. That being said I know without a doubt you guys have the comedic prowess to continue the show indefinitely, and to continue producing witty, funny material, in fact I feel the last couple seasons have been the best so far, and feel all future seasons will only get better.

This show has been a place to remove yourself from the awfulness of the modern world, and to sit and laugh, this is one of lifes most simple joys, and yet so hard to achieve. Kudos to fifteen great seasons (and hopefully more)!!!!!!!!!

I love everything you said, except one thing... it's Trey Parker and Matt Stone!!!!!!

But seriously great shout out to the duo. I saw The South Park movie and then got into the show. I first saw Matt and Trey on the 1998 MTV VMAs and I thought "the Gods walk among us!"
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 pm

YAAAAAY i was kinda freaking out...
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 pm

As much as I would love to see the show continue... I think I am beginning to feel like this season really is the last. I think they knew going into the season that this was it. Think about it... Year of the Fan? They're doing something special with our top 15? They're making production blogs better? All I can do is stay tuned and enjoy what's left. All good shows must come to an end.
Riffrocker83

Postby Riffrocker83 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 am

All I know is that South Park is signed with Comedy Central through 2013. So despite last night's sad ending, SP will continue for a little while (thank God). But it will definitely be interesting to see where they go from here after last night.

Postby 203177 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 am

so i don't get it are they renewing it or quiting when there finished season 15? we don't know yet right? so whats with south park ending? no more loose ends!
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “General South Park Discussion”