EPIC NEWS: South Park ending! No more loose ends!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:52 pm

BRMBug wrote:Four minutes.

...and thirty-three seconds.

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Heh, well, that's kinda neat. Let's hope they can keep it fresh. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:18 pm

I'm really excited and scared about the future of the show. I mean, 2011! That's such a long time... just imagine how far has South Park gone in the last 4 years! The future is wide open, anything can happen :o I just HOPE from the bottom of my fart that it will remain good!!!!
My life would be ruined at the moment I'd realize that I don't like that show anymore.......
robincanada

Postby robincanada » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:58 am

hi, i'm a journalist/blogger in canada who wrote on south park and its 16th-century roots (according to an aussie prof). if you're interested, it's here:
http://communities.canada.com/nationalp ... mpons.aspx

apologies to those who are not interested.

Postby 203177 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:20 am

when i first heard that south park was going to be renewed for 3 more years i freaked out! I thought they were joking but then i read that news article on south park studios, they weren't joking. And anyways i had a feeling Trey parker and Matt stone weren't going to give up so fast i knew they would do it.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:55 am

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:Heh, well, that's kinda neat. Let's hope they can keep it fresh. :P

Here's hoping.

But really, great news guys! I got all giddy and stuff when I first read this. :D
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:10 am

I'm a little unsure of whether this is any good or not.

It's good because, obviously, South Park is probably one of the funniest shows (depending on who you ask) on television right now. People watch the repeats and don't complain - they'll watch an episode they've seen over and over again.

On the other hand, it has the potential of becoming lame. The Simpsons, IMO, has lost the charm it once had in the earlier episodes because it's been on air for so long and it's success has allowed the creators to become lazier in their work. 2011 is an awful long time to be creating a cartoon and I think they could do with trying new projects and such instead of South Park.

They managed to do Team America and make it into a unique film and they've also done other things on the side such as That's My Bush - maybe branching out onto other unique ideas instead of just doing South Park all the time could help them.

As a fan, I love it. But on the other hand, I have this feeling that the extension is a little concerning.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:21 am

M and T are already doing projects outside SP; havn't you ever heard of my all american or Giant Monsters Attack Japan?
If anything, i'm afraid they'll dilute their tallent by spreading themselves too thin across the net. Havn't let us down yet but it's only a matter of time.
GrandTheftAutoHater

Postby GrandTheftAutoHater » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:37 am

It's so great to know that South Park will last until a couple of months before I'm out of college (at the least).
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Jeez, how did I miss this announcement? I didn't leave for vacation until the 31st. Ah well, fascinating news.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:58 am

This one actually does not surprise me that much. In one interview that I can remember (which is probably posted somewhere around here) M&T said that they've often been asked if they ever felt like retiring, or turning the show over to someone else. Their response was that they've got a show in which they can basically get away with doing whatever they want, so why would they give it up?

Although now there's concrete proof against anyone who has speculated that SP would be ending after season 12. :P
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:24 am

There's still hope for South Park dying a horrible premature death, if some crazed Family Guy fan or the CAP guys or the crab people or any of the other 99% of the world's population that HATE Matt and Trey's guts destroys South Park studios utterly before they make season 13.
Not likely, but you never know...
Good to see M and T doing harder work than sunbathing for the 10 months a year they don't make South Park though.
[/quote]
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:50 am

wow till 2011 thats great, i thougth it woudlt stop at season 12 or 13 but till 15 or maybe more, thats greatt
candies

Postby candies » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 am

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:wow till 2011 thats great, i thougth it woudlt stop at season 12 or 13 but till 15 or maybe more, thats greatt
After season 15 arrive at that year they've probably planned the show four more years. :D
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
forumpowerkeeper

Postby forumpowerkeeper » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:22 pm

SuperMaids wrote:M and T are already doing projects outside SP; havn't you ever heard of my all american or Giant Monsters Attack Japan?
If anything, i'm afraid they'll dilute their tallent by spreading themselves too thin across the net. Havn't let us down yet but it's only a matter of time.
unfortunatley it is [list=]CHILD FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[/list]
Canada sucks

Return to “General South Park Discussion”