Oh no -- South Park has jumped the shark!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Buttercupelizabeth

Oh no -- South Park has jumped the shark!

Postby Buttercupelizabeth » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 am

We knew it was going to have to happen sooner or later. But we all were hoping it would never happen. Yes, SP -- judging from the two episodes in this segment of Season 11 -- appears to have jumped the shark ... big time.

Le Petit Tourette was passable, though it definitely was a weaker, underdeveloped storyline than I am used to from TP. (I can't believe they made Cartman sympathetic -- huge mistake!) But tonight's episode was unexceptable. It sucked sh*t. It really did. I am so bummed.

I'd rather not watch SP than watch the crap (excuse the pun) I saw tonight. It's just too painful. I am way too emotionally invested in this show ... my favorite show many times over. Here's hoping it bounces back next week.

What did other people think?

BC
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Re: Oh no -- South Park has jumped the shark!

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:40 am

=\

M&T have lost their touch a long time ago
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:13 am

Some people think they never had the touch, so the show jumped the shark in the very first episode.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
The Ice Cream Man

Postby The Ice Cream Man » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:07 am

The episode kind of felt like it belonged in season 1. Really, you can't say it's jumped the shark unless the episodes continue like this.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 am

Buttercupelizabeth wrote:(I can't believe they made Cartman sympathetic -- huge mistake!)

What-what--WHAT??

That was awesome of Trey and Matt. I love it when they give their characters, you know, human emotions.

Especially characters that rarely ever show them. That's such awesome character building.

But yeah, "More Crap" was a trash episode. I was hoping it would be like "How to Eat with your Butt", where the premise is silly but the episode is hilarious.

Well, we can't all have our way. :<
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Kikkerking

Postby Kikkerking » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:28 pm

I think that you should stop complaining. If you don't like it anymore, don't watch the rest then. I think it still rocks, and I guess you just have to get used to their new type of humor. Don't complain about it, enjoy it. If you really can't, then I think you shouldn't share with us why, because we might agree and like the show less on stuff we didn't even notice or mind before. I think it's still great, and I'm sure it'll always be entertaining for me.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

There were bad episodes before this one and there will be bad episodes after this one. There were stellar episodes before this one and there will continue to be stellar episodes after this one. I hardly see how it's time to pull out the "jumped the shark!!" claims just because an episode you didn't like roll around. If the rest of this half-season turns out to be sh*t for you, then sure, call it, whatever.

Also it's a shame you don't like it when characters are expanded and developed a little so they can be put in a new light - re, sympathetic Cartman - because that tends to be a very good, new, fresh thing.
Buttercupelizabeth

Postby Buttercupelizabeth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:25 am

Big-Will wrote:Some people think they never had the touch, so the show jumped the shark in the very first episode.

Thanks for your fabulous website, Big-Will. Didn't mean to offend you.
REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS

Postby REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 am

Shark's are good to jump!
HOKREPPA

Postby HOKREPPA » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:57 am

hahahhaa your f*ckin silly and i guess your sense of humor is very dull and your kinda fallin in line with tha society in tha time being, its sad people like you dont appreciate funny sh*t like that, im guessing your a gigantor fan of U2 or (BONO) in general, sucks, open your eyes your vision is enormously blurry hey i tell ya what ill send you some prescriptionized glasses, and some bandaids for your wounds, or some q tips for your ears, wax packs a powerful punch, well anywho i got some sh*t to do, jus had to shed some light open some curtains, turn on tha lights for that ass, hope u trip over a rock and and choke on it, or some more creative mishaps, see ya ;) cheep up there poopy pants im out

Buttercupelizabeth wrote:We knew it was going to have to happen sooner or later. But we all were hoping it would never happen. Yes, SP -- judging from the two episodes in this segment of Season 11 -- appears to have jumped the shark ... big time.

Le Petit Tourette was passable, though it definitely was a weaker, underdeveloped storyline than I am used to from TP. (I can't believe they made Cartman sympathetic -- huge mistake!) But tonight's episode was unexceptable. It sucked sh*t. It really did. I am so bummed.

I'd rather not watch SP than watch the crap (excuse the pun) I saw tonight. It's just too painful. I am way too emotionally invested in this show ... my favorite show many times over. Here's hoping it bounces back next week.

What did other people think?

BC
HOKREPPA

Postby HOKREPPA » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:09 am

honestly buttercup and all tha haters id like to take a fat sh*t like my main man randy did in all your pillowcases or deep inside tha crevices of your walls in your homes so u know u could never get tha stench out unless u take matters into your own hands and do some construction or u know destruction thatd be soopa coo, mess all your sh*t up, cause apparently thats what its doin to you guys tryin to i guess somehow change tha format of tha episodes comin out, i think matt and trey and still runnin sh*t like i do in tha bathroom, still on top of tha f*ckin game, theyre soopa coo, not gropin any nizzos, jus sayin you guys are swell friends of mine, stay up imma seriously serious eat some cereal now toodles. :timmy: :assface:
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:08 am

I would respond to Hokreppa, but he types so poorly that I have no idea what he said. But, he did mention Bono and how we all must like him, so let me say this:
I hate Bono more than you ever will and this episode sucked even more than he does.

Kikkerking, this episode is not representative of the new humour. It's the humour they did in Season One, only not as well written or funny.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:13 am

Buttercupelizabeth wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Some people think they never had the touch, so the show jumped the shark in the very first episode.

Thanks for your fabulous website, Big-Will. Didn't mean to offend you.

Nah, you didn't offend me none. :) But check this o... oh, the South Park Jumped the Shark page has been taken down. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:45 am

HOKREPPA wrote:honestly buttercup and all tha haters id like to take a fat sh*t like my main man randy did in all your pillowcases or deep inside tha crevices of your walls in your homes so u know u could never get tha stench out unless u take matters into your own hands and do some construction or u know destruction thatd be soopa coo, mess all your sh*t up, cause apparently thats what its doin to you guys tryin to i guess somehow change tha format of tha episodes comin out, i think matt and trey and still runnin sh*t like i do in tha bathroom, still on top of tha f*ckin game, theyre soopa coo, not gropin any nizzos, jus sayin you guys are swell friends of mine, stay up imma seriously serious eat some cereal now toodles. :timmy: :assface:

You need therapy.

Big-Will wrote:Nah, you didn't offend me none. :) But check this o... oh, the South Park Jumped the Shark page has been taken down. :lol:

That's odd, I was Just looking at it last week.
Kikkerking

Postby Kikkerking » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:58 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Kikkerking, this episode is not representative of the new humour. It's the humour they did in Season One, only not as well written or funny.

Okay that's maybe true, but I do think it's very funny. Mainly because we also finally got to see a story inside South Park [The show, not the town], and not again a parody on the news. Nice to see some fresh air IMO.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”