Oh no -- South Park has jumped the shark!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanMills

Re: Oh no -- South Park has jumped the shark!

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:36 pm

The first episode I liked. The second I didn't. It's a bad episode... I don't think it's going to completely tank. Matt and Trey are not arrogent enough to believe every episode they make is golden; if they are, they don't deserve to be making television.

Take the bad and learn from it. The majority of South Park's stuff is good except for a few which have been beyond bad.

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:30 pm

well in my opinion i think south park has jumped the shark a few times like when they made fun of steve irwin in that halloween episode.

Code:

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Buttercupelizabeth

Postby Buttercupelizabeth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Look, I'm fine with scatological humor. I'm fine with sh*t. Lord knows I scrape enough of it out of my cat's pan on a daily basis. I just didn't think the humor or writing was that sharp, that's all.

I probably overstated it to say they jumped the shark. Perhaps I should have said they jumped the poodle instead.
The Ice Cream Man

Postby The Ice Cream Man » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:19 am

The best response would have been "Tonight's episode sucked."
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:30 am

Kikkerking wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Kikkerking, this episode is not representative of the new humour. It's the humour they did in Season One, only not as well written or funny.

Okay that's maybe true, but I do think it's very funny. Mainly because we also finally got to see a story inside South Park [The show, not the town], and not again a parody on the news. Nice to see some fresh air IMO.

Now, even though I disagree, I'm not gonna turn into HOKREPPA.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:12 pm

1108, in my opinion, was pretty awesome. It got better for me when I watched it a second time, knowing it wasn't going to be a ripoff of an older SP episode. More Crap, however, was, well......blah....the one part with Bono was loltastic, as well as Randy random reactions to things, but the rest was just....weird....
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:48 am

Seems that whenever a celebrity is made fun of, a lot of fans start saying how much they suck. It happened with Phil Collins and now it's happening to Bono. I wonder how fewer Barbra Streisand fans there were after the Mechastriesand episode.

We need to get back to the four boys and their wild adventures rather than having just one or two of them in an episode, and usually Kenny isn't in those episodes.
Buttercupelizabeth

Postby Buttercupelizabeth » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:59 pm

Unhooded Kenny wrote:Seems that whenever a celebrity is made fun of, a lot of fans start saying how much they suck. It happened with Phil Collins and now it's happening to Bono. I wonder how fewer Barbra Streisand fans there were after the Mechastriesand episode.

We need to get back to the four boys and their wild adventures rather than having just one or two of them in an episode, and usually Kenny isn't in those episodes.

Maybe there IS something to women not understanding the crap thing because honestly, I usually love when SP makes fun of celebrities. I just didn't like the doo doo element of the show.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Dude relaxe, last weeks episode wasn't that bad and South Park may eventually have a below average episode every now and then but it's nothing to worry about.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
Amplive

Postby Amplive » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Unhooded Kenny wrote:Seems that whenever a celebrity is made fun of, a lot of fans start saying how much they suck. It happened with Phil Collins and now it's happening to Bono. I wonder how fewer Barbra Streisand fans there were after the Mechastriesand episode.

I'm a big U2 fan. :mrgreen:
Unhooded Kenny wrote:We need to get back to the four boys and their wild adventures rather than having just one or two of them in an episode, and usually Kenny isn't in those episodes.

100% right about that though.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:27 am

I've noticed that over the last 3 or 4 years, South Park seems to 'jump the shark' about 2 or 3 times a season. By that I mean they've been alternating between seriously mediocre episodes and totally genius episodes since the end of season 8. And season 11 is no exception.

We're only three episodes into the second half of this season and already and South Park has jumped the shark and jumped right back.

The show's been really schizophrenic since the beginning of season 9. Season 10 contains the genius two-part Cartoon Wars and the abortion of A Million Little Fibers in the same run. That's what I'm talking about, right there.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:49 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I've noticed that over the last 3 or 4 years, South Park seems to 'jump the shark' about 2 or 3 times a season. By that I mean they've been alternating between seriously mediocre episodes and totally genius episodes since the end of season 8. And season 11 is no exception.

We're only three episodes into the second half of this season and already and South Park has jumped the shark and jumped right back.

The show's been really schizophrenic since the beginning of season 9. Season 10 contains the genius two-part Cartoon Wars and the abortion of A Million Little Fibers in the same run. That's what I'm talking about, right there.

Exactly, and that's why I never say the show jumped the shark. In order for that to happen, the show has to have like three episode of More Crap quality in a row.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Now it got better. Imaginationland is better than Le Petit Tourette.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
zeppo616

Postby zeppo616 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Only reason Cartman was sympathetic was because if Kyle died, Kyle wouldn’t be able to suck his balls. That’s just the usual selfish Cartman. They have done this countless times when you think Cartman actually cares but it’s still just greedy evil Cartman…

I don’t think anything out of the ordinary happened in this episode besides a really good story.
Iamyellow2

Postby Iamyellow2 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:27 am

South park was good from season 1 threw 9 but now imagaintion land and more crap? i dont get :cartmanko'd:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”