3-part episode-->Made for TV Movie?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

drlcartman

3-part episode-->Made for TV Movie?

Postby drlcartman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:10 pm

So, the new story line is going to be a "Trilogy". Seeing as though each episode runs approximately 20-23minutes uninterrupted, this would put this story close to 70 minutes long, AND since the SPM:BLU was 83 minutes, would this make this story line a "mini-movie". One might claim that they have done this before. However, the meteor story line was separated into three separate parts, each story being unrelated except for taking place on the same night. These three episodes will apparently be one long storyline.

Now to my main point: If they can't tell a story within one full episode, why not make it into another movie? Even if its just a "made for TV" one, it would be awesome, and you could separate it in upcoming reruns.

Just a thought. I really loved the last episode, I am just mad that I have to wait to see the end.
swellman7

Re: 3-part episode-->Made for TV Movie?

Postby swellman7 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:55 pm

I still doubt it'll be a trilogy. Comedy Central has been advertising next week's episode as the "thrilling conclusion". I can't see them stretching out one story into three episodes anyway.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:36 am

This will be a three-parter; mark my words. They said it would be. The Comedy Central ad is erroneous.

The meteor shower trilogy would absolutely work as a solid, 90 minute episode. All it would take is a little bit of editing to weave the ~6 plots of the three episodes together. You know, someone should really do that. Trey even suggested during one of the commentaries during those episodes...

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kikkerking

Postby Kikkerking » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:41 am

I'm not even completely sure if it will be a 3-parter. As Swellman said, they were talking about a "thrilling conclusion".

However, if it will be, then I think that it won't be a movie or something like that, but rather that they will release a special DVD for it, cutting the theme songs from part 2-3 and the "To Be Continued" stuff. We'll see within the next 2 weeks.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”