South Park finally made me cry again

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cannibalisa

South Park finally made me cry again

Postby cannibalisa » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:50 am

FINALLY, South Park is back to making me laugh and cry at the same time!

The writing has gotten better and better over the past 10 years -- all the episodes now are little 22-minute movies and they're brilliant. (Trey Parker, like Mel Gibson, really knows story structure!)

Occasionally I don't fall off the couch laughing, and that's OK.

But Imaginationland has everything I love about the show. It was a whole South Park movie divided into 3 episodes. I thought it worked beautifully.

It's true -- Luke Skywalker and Santa Clause have had a bigger influence on my life than most real people... and so have Stan and Kyle and Kenny and Cartman and all the rest of the residents of South Park.

I don't go to church. I do go to the TV every Wednesday night.

My favorite episodes are the ones that make me go AWWW! and then EWWW! and then ::sniff:: and then EWWWW! again and then HAHA-sniff-AWWWWW-HA!!

Imaginationland did that for me. I teared up several times, plus I laughed so loud I scared my cat.

And it's wonderful that Al Gore and I are finally vindicated!! ManBearPig is real! Something must be done!!

(Nice touch letting Al wear his Nobel medal with his superhero cape!)

WHO'S DA BOOM KINGS? (you guys)

~Lisa
gtaca2005

Re: South Park finally made me cry again

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:18 am

From the heart. :wink:
Thanks South Park! :P
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:21 am

Agreed 100%

Thanks for all the good times, M, T, and crew!
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
candies

Postby candies » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:16 am

Agree everything you'd just type, Cannibalisa. South Park had make the world's greatest animation series that ever created, if Matt and Trey didn't create South Park we just probably watched unwatchable show on Comedy Central.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:06 pm

*high-five* Yes! I feel exactly the same way!
awgi69

Postby awgi69 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Some people told me they hated the episode. that it wasn't funny. To all those haters out there i say one thing:While i disagree with what you say, i'll defend to the death your right to say it.
ilikeikex3

Postby ilikeikex3 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:11 am

I totally 100% agree!

I was seriously crying towards the end of guitar queer-o at the part where Stan and Kyle are in the bowling alley and... omg it was the cutest most emotional thing i've ever seen! I texted one of my friends after and she laughed because she thought it was really weird that a stupid cartoon made me cry!

Plus, i already knew the song "Carry on my Wayward son" before the episode came out (my dad likes the band Kansas) but i'll never be able to listen to it again without choking up!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:29 am

awgi69 wrote:Some people told me they hated the episode. that it wasn't funny. To all those haters out there i say one thing:While i disagree with what you say, i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Good man, good man.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Kenny_love_13

Postby Kenny_love_13 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:20 am

I agree. I don't know what i would do if Matt and Trey hadn't created South park.
I will eat your heart... DUNDUNDUN!!!:D
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:48 am

We'd all probably be in a gutter somewhere, trying to watch Looney Tunes on a Black and White Philco TV.
candies

Postby candies » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:20 am

That part when Stan and Kyle were argue about Stan switches partner with Kyle...That was authentically sad. :cry:

SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:36 am

Agreed. To me South Park isn't just a comedy, it's everything. It's just a really good show, although the older episodes didn't have as many emotional moments. But to me the episode with the saddest moments was Kenny Dies.

And then there are shows like Family Guy, which is meant just to make people laugh. Not really any emotion to it.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
candies

Postby candies » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:34 am

SouthParkMaster66 wrote:Agreed. To me South Park isn't just a comedy, it's everything. It's just a really good show, although the older episodes didn't have as many emotional moments. But to me the episode with the saddest moments was Kenny Dies.

And then there are shows like Family Guy, which is meant just to make people laugh. Not really any emotion to it.

Agreed. Not only South Park makes Comedy it also shown critically emerges episodes like " Kenny Dies" is a fine example because this involves Kenny dying of a Diagnosed with a terminal disease and everyone actually cares about him for the very time. Everyone should cried for this episode it was grievous when he died.....permanently.

As for Family Guy, that show just wants to try too hard to make people laugh with the innervation flashback joke ( Do they still doing that after they have their 100 episodes?), The creators needs Matt and Trey to make a better mirthful joke for once.

Postby 203177 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:43 pm

i didn't cry at the end of guitar queer-o but i did feel bad for stan and kyle..i would never cry, besides there just cartoon characters. I'm not being rude i'm just being honest. :wink:

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:31 pm

Yep! Thank you South Park having a big infloence on our lives (well at least on mine). We'll never forget you!
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List

Return to “General South Park Discussion”