Will anything ever top Imaginationland?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

germanguyII

Will anything ever top Imaginationland?

Postby germanguyII » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:55 pm

I know I said the same thing back at "world of warcraft"...
But this show marked a new highlight.
The expectations are extremely high now.
But have they ever been low?
Anyway: the next Emmy is booked already for Imaginationland...

The consumption of "cough medicine" must be put to the next level at season 12 to keep the standard of 11.

By the way: wasn't cocaine originally desigend as a caugh medicine, too?
Infusions

Re: Will anything ever top Imaginationland?

Postby Infusions » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:41 pm

When South Park has another movie, that will top ImaginationLand.

But then again, I.L. was originally designed to be a movie, so of course it was going to be amazing as opposed to a 25-minute episode. :0
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:53 pm

The Meteor Shower Trilogy, back in season 3, had already topped it, in my opinion, but who knows what'll happen in the next four years?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:03 am

As much as I enjoyed IL, the Meteor Showe trilogy was better. Thus, it has already been topped.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
two fathoms deep

Postby two fathoms deep » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:27 pm

yeah, they've already topped imaginationland. i mean, it was really good and everything, but it's certainly not the best episode(s) in the series, by far. i wasn't even going to buy the new dvd until i found out there was a full length commentary.
Wallyalert59

Postby Wallyalert59 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:41 pm

It sucks everyone is telling me how good that episode is but I haven't had time to see anything except part of 1 episode and I NEED TO SEE IT!!! I can't wait tell I rent it with Netflix wich I'm doing now
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm

For once I agree with Will; the Metor shower trillogy was one of the best things the seriese has ever done. While i loved immaginationland, it was flawed (didin't include some kids or many adults and had some unfunny or cliched moments) and already has been suppased by other moments in the show (Death from season 1, Do Handicapped Kids Go To Hell (or something like that), Terrance And Phillip, Season Six in general (General Disorray that is :chaos: )) so I don't think the episode will be topped.

In Drama Terms, I think Cartman Sucks, Raisins and The List beat this episode set hands down. The show can and will do better, givven time.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Totally true! I agree with Will, Shane-0, superiorsavior, and all others who say the Meteor Shower story arc was better than IL…that was a very well done set. IL is still very good though.

Does anyone think the Go God Go is better than IL? To me, it seems to have more laughs.
polkadotjewel

Postby polkadotjewel » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 pm

As great as Imaginationland was, like other people said, there have already been better episodes made. Eh, there will probably be another episode this season that will top Imaginationland.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:15 pm

termsofuse wrote:Totally true! I agree with Will, Shane-0, superiorsavior, and all others who say the Meteor Shower story arc was better than IL…that was a very well done set. IL is still very good though.

Does anyone think the Go God Go is better than IL? To me, it seems to have more laughs.
It was good but i'd have to say ImaginationLand was better.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
sachaline

Postby sachaline » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm

I know a handful of people who think the go god go episodes were better than imaginationland. I personally also really enjoyed the meteor shower episodes. But as far as things topping eachother off goes- it's south park- you know whatever they do it will be good :mrgreen:
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Comparing the meteor shower trilogy with Imaginationland is, in my mind, like comparing two different shows. For example, In the trilogy, Butters was much less emotional and lively and he played second fiddle to Pip. Flash forward a decade or so and Butters saves the entire world by using his imagination.

And then compare the production quality. And so on..

In the end I'd have to agree that the meteor shower trilogy is better than Imaginationland, but to me it's like comparing a Beatles song from 1963 to one from 1969.
NMAK

Postby NMAK » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:03 am

I liked imaginationland, but I don't understnad WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE IT SO MUCH? I honestly don't understand I must be missing something why is it so great?

:timmy:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:32 am

I don't see anyone other than the OP who likes it that much.

PipTweek's right, the comparison really is like comparing Spongebob and StarTreck. The show's different but the same, though you can compare those two shows; one is better in your oppinion than the other, even if they're different, and the MS was better than IL.

I preffered "Do the handicapped go to hell...probably" because I love Saddam Hussain in his SP guise, and "GoGodGo" because I love Buck Rodgers, Wii and Richard Dawkins. But IL was still cool. It wasn't as good as the movie though, needed more songs!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Keejit

Postby Keejit » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:18 am

I didn't like ImaginationLand (IL) so I reallly hope there's more in this season or future seasons than can top it.

SP: BLU is way better than IL, Good Times With Weapons is better than IL and Make Love, Not Warcraft; Go God Go was far more imaginative and funnier. Also the premise and storyline of Go God Go far outshone IL in its cleverness and writing.

EDIT:
One more episode that absolutely tops IL - Christmas in Canada.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”