The reason to finally stop watching South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanMills

Re: The reason to finally stop watching South Park

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:47 pm

What I love about idiots (and this isn't relating to josh) but moreso the absolutely-horrendous trolls who have no funny values whatsoever is that they believe in their heart and souls that they're hysterical: until, that is, Big-Will hovers his mouse over that big button called 'BAN' and banishes them from the forums. These trolls are then forgotten ghosts of the forums and add to the cemetery of countless morons who have come and gone.

Josh - if you add discussion and don't flame people, you'll be welcome here. Just don't strey, eh?
KennyMcCormickRocks

Postby KennyMcCormickRocks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:28 pm

i'M STARTING MY OWN TOPIC
:unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny:
josh gura

Postby josh gura » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 pm

CartmanMills wrote:What I love about idiots (and this isn't relating to josh)

Josh - if you add discussion and don't flame people, you'll be welcome here. Just don't strey, eh?

why me??

(rhetorical question)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:42 pm

the ones that get made by the people MNT sell the franchise to in a few years (disney/fox/microsoft.)

Don't even mention that posibility. If South Park goes the way of Spyro and Tomb Raider, and Matt and Trey don't keep the IP for good, which I know they won't, the show will actually DIE but live on as a hideous animated corpse of it's former self.

Now THAT would be a reason to stop watching :)

why me??

Because unlike KennyMcKormackRules, you're not a troll :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:35 pm

skerr1031 wrote:I have been a fan of South Park since the pilot episode back in 97. My mother hated the show and that made me want to watch it even more. I used to sit at the ready every Wednesday night, now that has been shattered.
I always understood that half the reason they created most of their episodes was to stir up controversy. Everything from jew jokes, to alien probes, to killing everyone, all great.
Now with the most recent s12 episode, Britney's new look, I will no longer be watching South Park. How can anyone possibly have any sympathy for a celebrity? You get paid millions of dollars a year to deal with all the fans and the rest of the hassles. If you wanted to have a life without being hounded by the media, it's simple, don't be a celebrity. Ok, if you want to say "Oh. well her parents started her on the path and it wasn't her fault". BS, her parents knew what would happen too. It's not like this whole Papparazzi thing started last year. It's been the same ever since there was media.
All in all, I think it's sickening that anyone should have any sympathy for these people. THAT'S WHAT THEY GET ALL THE MONEY THAT WE WISH WE HAD. But, I guess if I also made millions of dollars I might feel bad too.

Anyway, Thanks Matt n Trey for bringing to a close your 12 year legacy, for me that is.

I think that the press isn't at fault for Britney's demise and I do agree that Matt and Trey cut her a break by making it look like the press was entirely at fault, but I don't think they actually showed sympathy for her , at least in the first half of the episode. I mean, they did have her blow her head off with a shotgun and all.

I agree that this episode wasn't one of their best, but it's also no reason to stop watching the show altogether. I haven't watched from the very beginning, but I've been watching ever since
"Cartman's Mom is still a Dirty Slut " and I've been through the terrible episodes like "Jakovasaurs" and "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery" and the great ones like "Cartoon Wars", "Butters Very Own Episode" (those are just 2 examples. I would be here all night if I were to name all the great SP episodes).

I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I think every episode so far for season 12 has been absolutly brilliant except for "Britney's New Look", so you'll be missing out on what is shaping up to be a great season if you stop watching SP over that 1 episode.
KennyMcCormickRocks

Postby KennyMcCormickRocks » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 am

Your'e Back To :roll:
PeterCoffin

Postby PeterCoffin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:54 am

A good reason to stop watching South Park would be if you are too tired to stay awake.
---------------------------------------------
petercoffin.com
ShpadoinkleGirl

Postby ShpadoinkleGirl » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:46 pm

I agree that when Britney Spears got into the limelight, she maybe should've been more prepared for everything that comes with it. Photos and gossip are fine BUT when it gets to the point when a celebrity is deeply ill and in need of serious help and all anyone can talk about is their acne, then it gets to be a problem. Britney's condition has gone beyond just another tabloid story and into "Okay, this is a person that really needs help." I think that's all SP was trying to say. There's a certain point when the tabloids just need to back off.

P.S: One episode should not destroy a whole show for you. That would make you a little pansy.
Pathy

Postby Pathy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:41 pm

I like sp a lot so i never going to stop watching it
josh gura

Postby josh gura » Mon May 12, 2008 6:32 pm

okay, south park rules so hard. harder than anything else on tv ever.

and i would totally blow MNT at the same time

BUT

the last episode (happy phun thyme) was kinda tired and lame.
but, maybe that means I am the one who is tired and lame. yeah, i blame myself.

nevermind everybody, its just me. dont agree with me or anything.
DROP TABLE *

Postby DROP TABLE * » Mon May 12, 2008 11:00 pm

josh gura wrote:nevermind everybody, its just me. dont agree with me or anything.

Good; because I don't :P

A good reason to stop watching South Park would be if you are too tired to stay awake.

That's an awefull reason!

Also, let me reiterate that not watching south park anymore because of a single episode is lame. There have been plenty of terrible episodes; but a hell of a lot more are great. Until M&T finally quit the whole series, or get kicked off or whatever, I will continue to watch the show. Even if I had to watch two seasons of Jakovasaurs and More Crap, it would be all worth it even if they only had one Guitar Queer-O, Cartoon War or Rasians at the end.

Mat and Trey are people too (albeit not the sanest ;)), and some days they come up with a show that people like and other days they don't. They have created too good of a show, and too many good episodes for me to _ever_ quit watching the show.

Now, back on topic. I think celebrities really enjoy the fame for a while, until they realize that they no longer have a private life. I mean, if you were just a normal guy and one day another person found that you had an incredible talent and offers you a job/fame/press - wouldn't you take it? Don't disagree with me so fast, try to imagine yourself in the situation first. If I was all of a sudden asked to go to an interview for an artical somebody wanted to write about me, hell yeah I would take up the offer! I would be insane not to. It would make me feel good knowing that somebody in the world decided that I deserved recognition for [insert random talent here].

But if I was too good, it may never stop. And before I realized what had happened, I would become something like what was portrayed in this episode.

You have to realize that these celebrities started at the bottom, and did what any of us would do - try as hard to get to the top. Well, they did and now look at them.

You may say "well, if you realize that about fame (that it ultimately destroys your personal life), why would you still want recognition for [insert random talent here]?"

Because it is human nature to want to stand out; and if I were asked to go in for an interview I would never imagine myself being as famous as these celebrities. What are the odds? It is so unlikely that if I started the road of Bill Gates and became recognized, as, let's say, a software developer; there is a very small chance that I would end up like these celebrities.

I can see three reasons why these people got to where they were:
- they did not think about the destruction of their personal life
- they thought that the chances of them becoming 'celebrities' was too small (which it is)
- or they like having no personal life

For the last one, I have no sympathy. But for the first two; I can defenetly feel bad for these people.

Anyhow, notice how I have not said a single thing about money. That is because money has absolutely nothing to do with this at all. You can't decide to not feel sympathy for somebody just because your a jeleuse that they A) got lucky, B) have talent and deserve it or C) have a little of both. That is just plain wrong of you...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 am

So you are going to stop watching South Park over not liking "Britney's new Look"..Whatever..There were episodes I didn't like in past seasons but I didn't stop watching.

And just for the record, whoever said that celebrities are people too is right. Saying they should just deal with being hounded all the time just cause they are getting paid is like saying I should have to deal with assh*les at my job because I am getting paid..bullsh*t, just because someone is getting money doesn't mean they should be subjected to people getting in their personal space or being rude. It doesn't matter how much money a celebrity gets paid, no one should have the right to invade anyone else's privacy.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, I will say that having the life-force draining Britney's Newd Look right after the lackluster Tonsil Trouble did make me rethink my South Park loyalties. I decided to give them one more episode before I abandoned the run, and I'm glad I did.
spfan1

Postby spfan1 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 pm

your just say and no do .you wont stop. just like a 8 year old will tell there parents "i hate :cartmansopissedrightnow: you." they dont mean it. they just say it.
You're reading this because it might be funny.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sat May 17, 2008 3:48 am

hope we have some episodes of 4th grade issues.

I know you have it in you to think above a 4th grade level :!:

To that yayablahblah user,

It's like you took the words out of my very own mouth!! As for the last line, put it on a shirt! :gaykenny:

obviously matt and trey are maturing in their writing and not making every other line stupid or funny...although it's still pretty damn funny. Kenny doesn't need to die in every epi for it to be a great show. :roll:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker

Return to “General South Park Discussion”