Who dosn't like Season 12 so far?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanMills

Re: Who dosn't like Season 12 so far?

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 pm

My problem with Season 12 is this - it doesn't deliver on the laughs. I don't mind them dealing with current events - they've managed to carry the ball with those and still deliver the humour that makes South Park one of the funniest animation series' of all time. But they just seem to take this new Simpsons philosophy (sorry Shane-O, but I do hate those new episodes. And yes, I have watched some.) of "Heh, if it's funny to us/me, that's all that matters" and taking situations to the point of utter retardness. I'm talking about the conclusion of the Britney Spears episode, the whole cat-piss cheesing thing and the Cartman/Kyle Aids situation into some parody of Magic Johnson. Come on now, when I watch South Park, I expect to laugh (unless it's a serious episode). When it stops doing it's job, no matter how much stuff they're doing and what they're mickey-taking next... it starts to become crap. And that's how I feel with this season.

This is all in my opinion, though. Some of you feel different and, hell, more power to you.
Succis

Postby Succis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:43 pm

I didn't like the first tre episodes as much i liked example S11 episodes :? But when the episode 04 aired it was so hilarious that i wanted see more instantly 8)
ecartman147

Postby ecartman147 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 am

"My problem with Season 12 is this - it doesn't deliver on the laughs"

Yeah thats it. I watched the whole season so far without laughing except for Major Boobage. :(
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 am

I don't think season twelve is as great as some previous seasons, but one thing I will say is that the episodes seem(at least to me) to be getting better and better as the season progresses.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
webchameleon

Postby webchameleon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 am

"Eek! A Penis!" is perhaps the funniest episode ever made (the singing part was dumb, though).
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:38 am

Besides "Britteny's New Look" I'm diggin' S12 so far! :D
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:07 pm

There's singing in Eek? Well, i await my torrent more eagerly than I did before then :)

Cannada on Strike saved the seaqson through song :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Okgenuine3.1

Postby Okgenuine3.1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:34 am

My 2nd favorite episode ever is the kenny on drugs one, after the world of warcraft one. The Britney Spears one was too over the top for me but I still got the point and half liked it at the end which I thought was going to be impossible. Violence gets under my skin quick. The aids one was pretty good I thought. I mean it's pretty much true.
season1buttrapes

Postby season1buttrapes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:27 am

I think that they new season is total bulls***. I havent laughed once througout the whole thing. The southpark creators are dicking making absolutly stupid plots that no body gives a rats ass about. What happened to the early seasons such as rainforest shmainforest (episode 1 season 3) when cartman landed about 5racist jokes in a minute. Thats another thing thats bugging the living F*** out of me, why the hell does everyone like the new episodes when they focus mainly around a pussied out cartman and a more prominant kyle and stan. Those two aren't funny at all. Cartman makes the show. In the early seasons he had character, he had attitude. He was racist, not simpathetic and had the best voice on TV. RESPECT MY AUTHORATA. He had a whole language for himself to put people he didn't like in there place like in chicken lover. Now hes the biggest bitch ever. Sure he gave kyle aids, big fricking deal, he still got his ass handed to him several times by kyle throughout the episode when he shouldn't take any crap from him like in the damian episode, where kyle doesn't get cartman the powerranger he wants so he beats him up. Thats the cartman i like, who has balls, and great lines. What happened to the old traditions when he would be pissed off and say screw you guys im going home. What happened to his great voice, what happened to the racist and sexist jokes. The simpsons can make me laugh more than these new season episodes, which is total bullcrap. Trey and Matt better get there act together. Being a fan who has seen every episode ever made several times and own every season on dvd, i believe that my word has some merit behind it as opposed to the posers who think season 11 is the greatest season ever. Those guys might as well just watch the simpsons cause thats not true southpark. Like a good band, southpark success comes from there early stuff, so lets keep it that way
Parjuk

Postby Parjuk » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:56 am

I wasn't very happy with this season :timmy: until just the past few episodes. the first 2 had some really funny stuff but, i wasn't "fulfilled." I miss some of the older shows (which i watch on here) :P that aren't so political in the plot but in the little punchlines. :unhoodedkenny: Southpark is still the best thing there is on cable. :mrgreen:
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 pm

I don't really enjoy these new episodes in season 12. I think that South Park began to peak around season 3, and was at its best in seasons 7 through 10. Now the show is going downhill. It seems like Matt and Trey are trying too hard to be funny, which de-humorizes the whole show.
Also, while the plots are great in these newer episodes, the storylines are longer and more complex, which leaves fewer room for jokes and gags and character development, which were all a lot more frequent in the episodes with a simple plot (i.e. Cartman inherits a million dollars and Kyle gets a hemorroid, it's a fad for everyone to act metrosexual, ect...).

I think I'm starting to fall out of this fandom. That is, unless Matt and Trey stop trying too hard to be funny with lame-ass gags (such as, say, Britney blowing off her head, or Internet stars brutally killing one another).

Postby 203177 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't care for them either to tell you the truth, but the only episode i like is tonsil trouble.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Manzo

Postby Manzo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 pm

this seasons episodes are fantastic. they are absolutely hilarious.

but I do agree that it needs more Kenny :mrgreen:
ecartman147

Postby ecartman147 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:50 am

Once again I went through a south park episode without laughing. (Over Logging) :cry: Man this is by far the worst season we've had.
Spoodey

Postby Spoodey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:19 pm

The show was awesome the first 8-9 seasons or so, with a few diamonds in the newest seasons, but mostly bad episodes.

The things I miss the most from the older seasons are the spotanious completely crazy unlogical humor, the old cartman!!!!!!!!! and rough simple animating.

But none of these things would really matter if the creators can't get the genious stories and dialoges back.

It sure would help though. :D

What Wishful_Thinking said about the guys trying to be funny is also very true.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”