South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

bekkholt

South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby bekkholt » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:30 am

They have changed too much on voices and things that where cool in the 4-5 first seasons. Cartmans voice is so poor I hardly find him funny anymore. Tha characters looks more like any cartoon, and the dont have that shabby look from earlier seasons.
What happened to" screw u guys im going home" ...and other cool statements ??

Why must they change something that was perfect? Develpment can be fine but not in this case. I hope a lot of fans agree and perhaps they can find back to old times. I rather see an old episode 10 times than watching a new one twice..... :(

Im afraid they've had their peak and south park as we knew it is gone..and the rest is going down! :evil:

bekki
HAcoreRD

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:20 pm

I think they changed to avoid being repetitive like many other shows...*cough* Simpsons *cough*. I'd rather Kenny die rarely, and they upgraded from Paper Cutout stop motion to Computer Generated characters. The voices, only voice I noticed change was Wendy, and she's not in the show enough for me to care, which is a problem that I wont get into.

As for not dropping catch phrases, same reason "Oh my god they killed Kenny" vanished, or "Respect mah Authoritah", either situation doesn't call for it, or they'd rather generate new pop culture quotes.
Cartmansgurl

Postby Cartmansgurl » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:06 pm

I agree... They've managed to keep south park fresh without changing it all togetther. I think cartmans voice has only gotten better ... Its like music to my ears... lol
"Dont worry...You'll go out in style"
mysterio

South Park Jumps the Shark (note:OriginallyPostedAsNewTopic)

Postby mysterio » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Before you read this you should know that if you like South Park and think it's a funny show, you should not continue to read this. I agree that the show is sometimes funny, but it is my intention to bash this show and say why I will never watch this show again. So don't read this thinking it will just by a critique. I am pissed off. I searched the web and I could not find one discussion board that wasn't totally juvenile, so I came here, because this is the official site of South Park, and it looks like there are a lot of people here, so what I have to say will be said here. Be prepared for harsh language, but no harsher than the show itself.

I just want to say that I thought South Park was one of the funniest shows on television.... sometimes. About 2 out of every 3 shows are funny and the rest are simply stupid and offensive in a way that is not funny to me. But out of all the offensive shows over the years there was only one episode that I truly hated. That was the episode bashing Christopher Reeve, which was wrong for so many reasons, most importantly was that the arguement was totally false. But now I think they have actually topped even that, with what I think is not only the worst South Park episode, but possibly the worst single episode of any show to ever appear on television, out of millions of episodes.

The show was about Brittney Spears, and at first I thought this would be a funny topic. But then something happened which stunned me, and I thought, obviously this is not meant to be funny, so maybe these guys are getting serious for a change, and would find some humor out of tragedy. Through the entire show I did not crack a smile, or find the least bit of amusement for even a moment. They were basically criticising the media for bashing Brittney and exploiting her misfortunes for their personal gain, but they were doing the exact same thing. You cant have it both ways. You cant criticize something and be worse.

Let me say that I am no Spears fan. I never followed her music, and while some of her songs are catchy, she did not write them, and is not an exceptional singer, and not even a very good performer. But according to the people behind South Park, it is a crime for a pop star to cut off her hair, or to have problems, or to want to see her children. The fact is that there is a very low probability that she will have an untimely death, but that possibility makes people upset, because they only think of how that would make them feel, and have to question the role of the media.

So Brittney should be punished severely for acting outside the norms of society, but according to this same media, someone like LARRY FLINT is a hero and a crusader for free speech, because he got away with slandering Jerry Fallwell. Look up about this guy on the web and then wonder what it is that makes that guy a hero, because I don't even think it's worth it to discuss further, although I could.

Back to the Christopher Reeve episode. Depicted him feeding off of dead fetuses so he could walk again. They were bashing him when he only had a couple years to live, and he wasn't talking about fetuses, he was talking about stem cells, two different things. These cells are not from aborted fetuses, they were donated to fertility clinics, and they were slated for eventual destruction, because they can't be preserved indefinitely. Whatever your personal beliefs about this issue, what they were saying was clearly false and unjustified.

Maybe they could have found something funny about this topic, but they did not. And I will never watch this program or any reruns again. I have had it with the Christmas Poo and Towlie, and Saddam dating Satan. This is infantile, and half the time isn't even amusing.
Last edited by mysterio on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
skacraze330

Re: South Park Jumps the Shark

Postby skacraze330 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 pm

fine don't watch......you don't have to come onto a message board to state it......If they offend people who cares...IT's a TV show it is not reality! what 2 or 3 episodes were funny for you just curious :D :parishilton:
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Welp, there goes another one.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Delilah

Postby Delilah » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:52 pm

It's a cartoon show. It's not meant to be taken that seriously, dude. :shock:
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 pm

1. To TC: Welcome to the next 4 years of South Park then.
2. To Mysterio: If you think South Park just jumped the shak, then I'd have to say that's impressive.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:07 pm

bekkholt wrote:What happened to" screw u guys im going home" ...and other cool statements ??

Can you really see yourself quoting those statements 10 years from now? 'Cause that's how old they are.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
payomagetotheballs

Postby payomagetotheballs » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:10 pm

bekkholt wrote:They have changed too much on voices and things that where cool in the 4-5 first seasons. Cartmans voice is so poor I hardly find him funny anymore. Tha characters looks more like any cartoon, and the dont have that shabby look from earlier seasons.
What happened to" screw u guys im going home" ...and other cool statements ??

Why must they change something that was perfect? Develpment can be fine but not in this case. I hope a lot of fans agree and perhaps they can find back to old times. I rather see an old episode 10 times than watching a new one twice..... :(

Im afraid they've had their peak and south park as we knew it is gone..and the rest is going down! :evil:

bekki

honestly i dont think that "screw you guys i'm going home" is still funny after years and years. it gets old. i love the new southpark and i think its much more clever now than ever. the britney spears one was phenominal. and come on theyve done 12 seasons of course it changed. duh!
Last edited by payomagetotheballs on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
payomagetotheballs

Postby payomagetotheballs » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:18 pm

mysterio wrote:Before you read this you should know that if you like South Park and think it's a funny show, you should not continue to read this. I agree that the show is sometimes funny, but it is my intention to bash this show and say why I will never watch this show again. So don't read this thinking it will just by a critique. I am pissed off. I searched the web and I could not find one discussion board that wasn't totally juvenile, so I came here, because this is the official site of South Park, and it looks like there are a lot of people here, so what I have to say will be said here. Be prepared for harsh language, but no harsher than the show itself.

I just want to say that I thought South Park was one of the funniest shows on television.... sometimes. About 2 out of 3 shows are funny and some are simply stupid and offensive in a way that is not funny to me. But out of all the offensive shows over the years there was only one episode that I truly hated. That was the episode bashing Christopher Reeve, which was wrong for so many reasons, most importantly was that the arguement was totally false. But now I think they have actually topped even that, with what I think is not only the worst South Park episode, but possibly the worst single episode of any show to ever appear on television, out of millions of episodes.

The show was about Brittney Spears, and at first I thought this would be a funny topic. But then something happened which stunned me, and I thought, obviously this is not meant to be funny, so maybe these guys are getting serious for a change, and would find some humor out of tragedy. Through the entire show I did not crack a smile, or find the least bit of amusement for even a moment. They were basically criticising the media for bashing Brittney and exploiting her misfortunes for their personal gain, but they were doing the exact same thing. You cant have it both ways. You cant criticize something and be worse.

Let me say that I am no Spears fan. I never followed her music, and while some of her songs are catchy, she did not write them, and is not an exceptional singer, and not even a very good performer. But according to the people behind South Park, it is a crime for a pop star to cut off her hair, or to have problems, or to want to see her children. The fact is that there is a very low probability that she will have an untimely death, but that possibility makes people upset, because they only think of how that would make them feel, and have to question the role of the media.

So Brittney should be punished severely for acting outside the norms of society, but according to this same media, someone like LARRY FLINT is a hero and a crusader for free speech, because he got away with slandering Jerry Fallwell. Look up about this guy on the web and then wonder what it is that makes that guy a hero, because I don't even think it's worth it to discuss further, although I could.

Back to the Christopher Reeve episode. Depicted him feeding off of dead fetuses so he could walk again. They were bashing him when he only had a couple years to live, and he wasn't talking about fetuses, he was talking about stem cells, two different things. These cells are not from aborted fetuses, they were donated to fertility clinics, and they were slated for eventual destruction, because they can't be preserved indefinitely. Whatever your personal beliefs about this issue, what they were saying was clearly false and unjustified.

Maybe they could have found something funny about this topic, but they did not. And I will never watch this program or any reruns again. I have had it with the Christmas Poo and Towlie, and Saddam dating Satan. This is infantile, and half the time isn't even amusing.

dude. i'm gonna say this and i think every southpark fan will agree. you are an up tight person. its a f*cking cartoon! a show! not f*cking real! jesus christ you know what? i swear. its like dude seeing christopher reeves sucking on a dead fetus was hilarious. If you don't think so, then don't watch the f*cking show! why would you purposely go on a message board just to bash thats stupid as sh*t. and seeing britney spears blow her own head off with a shotgun was the funniest thing ive seen in a while. waaay better than the aids episode. come on dude its just genius. matt and trey are geniuses. so f*ck off dude
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 pm

^ Congratulations on being open-minded to people's opinions. You can disagree without sounding like an uneducated person; it's possible.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 pm

payomagetotheballs, while agree that the person you quoted is a douche, the way you went about it was extremely immature. And, anothe rthing: Don't try to speak for us all. I wasn't offended by Christopher Reeve sucking on fetuses, but I didn't find it funny either. Same for Spears blowing her head off. It wasn't funny, it wasn't offensive, it wasn't anything for me.
Don't speak for us all.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 pm

How many threads like this sprang up because ONE episode was bad? You really need to have lower expectations than perfection people :)

troll wrote: I searched the web and I could not find one discussion board that wasn't totally juvenile

Thank you payomagetotheballs, for making us look so mature here. We look almost as mature as this troll now. Though that line is rather ugly and insulting.

Troll wrote:That was the episode bashing Christopher Reeve, which was wrong for so many reasons, most importantly was that the arguement was totally false.

I wholley agree that the political point pushed in that one episode was completely the opposite to the point I hold. But we need to face our opposition without resorting to a hissy fit, if stem cell reserch is ever to overcome blatant propaganda like that episode. Which was funny if you only look at the Jimmy/Timmy and the Crips side of things. Kenny Dies had the same message, doesn't mean it wasn't funny, it just challenges you to THINK about why you hold your pro-stem cell beliefs and to defend them against criticism. It's good to have debate. As long as you win in the end, and not too many people with MS die in the process :)

Troll wrote:Through the entire show I did not crack a smile, or find the least bit of amusement for even a moment

Perhaps you should stop watching comedy in general then, or if you think some subjects (i.e. causes YOU support) are too sacred to touch, watch Family Guy or Simpsons. Get that Issac?

Troll wrote:But according to the people behind South Park, it is a crime for a pop star to cut off her hair, or to have problems, or to want to see her children.

I'm assuming you've never heard of a little thing called Irony. I think you'd like to watch Borat, it's a documentory about a Jewish man who supports nazi policies.

Troll wrote:LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!![/quote]

TROLL wrote:I have had it with the Christmas Poo and Towlie, and Saddam dating Satan.

I was assuming you've watched the show since season 4. I was wrong it appears :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.