South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

mysterio
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby mysterio » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm a little confused. I posted my comment "South Park Jumps the Shark" as a new topic. But when I clicked "View your posts" it is now only posted as a reply to another comment. Why didn't the moderator just delete the complete thing rather than hide it?

Basically what I was saying was that according to the people behind South Park, who are speaking on behalf of the media, Britney should pay the ultimate price for having problems, while the heroic crusader for free speech, Larry Flint, is free to roll around in his wheelchair accessible mansion and have a ball for the rest of life, and watch a movie about him. So the question is: Is this episode a moment of clarity and honesty for South Park, or is this an admission of guilt.

A person blowing her head of is not a sight gag. A headless body is not a prop.

You can have a show that is offensive. But there is a test it has to pass. The test is, is it even funny, and if not what exactly is the point. Because I watched this show just expecting to watch a few funny jokes about a topical issue, and wasn't expecting to see THAT.

I would like to hear one person defend the Christopher Reeve episode, and explain how it is not completely vile.

Maybe I should repost the original message as a new topic, or maybe the moderator would delete my membership entirely. They could say that I am not technically a fan, and this site is intended to make money not criticise, but the fact is that I was a fan but am no longer, and I should have the right to say that, and explain why, even if you don't agree.
Last edited by mysterio on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:15 pm

mysterio wrote:Basically what I was saying was that according to the people behind South Park, who are speaking on behalf of the media, Britney should pay the ultimate price for having problems, while the heroic crusader for free speech, Larry Flint, is free to roll around in his wheelchair accessible mansion and have a ball for the rest of life, and watch a movie about him. So the question is: Is this episode a moment of clarity and honesty for South Park, or is this an admission of guilt.


Well the Britney episode was an indictment of the media bullsh*t that surrounds her. I don't see how you'd get "she deserves to die" out of that. If anything, I think we're supposed to feel a little bit sorry for her by the end of it.

And yeah, Larry Flint, we all saw the movie. He did put the much more evil Farwell in his place. (Kind of ironic, though, that a man who became wealthy selling porn can no longer feel his dick.)

mysterio wrote:I would like to hear one person defend the Christopher Reeve episode, and explain how it is not completely vile.


It has Jimmy & Timmy thuggin'. And that was funny. I don't care about anyone's views about the stem cell B story, Jimmy stuttering out phrases like, "pass the joint to the nigga on yo' left" is hilarious.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:30 pm

I agree 100% with Munch on the britney episode. It reminds me of this professor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4IIeoVBnU says about the show, so many people don't get "irony." They take it on it's face value, as if "To Kill a Mockingburd" was a book in support of racism, "Mash" was pro-war, "Pinnochio" supports kids taking alcohol and "One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest" was supportive of abusing mental patients, just because it DEPICTS IT in the process of delivering a message. Reminds me of the Christian fundies over at the Catholic Leage Film review programme actually :)

I would like to hear one person defend the Christopher Reeve episode, and explain how it is not completely vile.


Not only is Munchiplex right about that episode being unfunny only if you obsess over a third of it, the sub-plotline. But more than that, if you start dismissing all those who hold opposing political views to you as the sons of devils, you become no better than a fundamentalist. You need to argue rationally, and (as much as I hate M and T for supporting the people who're making sure my Uncle's going to die of MS) I support the principle of free speach for all. That includes M and T if they want to say suicide is fun or the 9/11 victims deserve it or that peodophillia's OK or whatever, because they're just giving rational and reasoned people a reason to debate.

Now I'm not saying I'd watch the show much if It had those political views, just defending M and T's right to hold them. Everyone's going to have SOME POLITICAL VIEWS you disagree with, that doesn't mean you should abbandon them to their delusions or pounce on them without logic or reason.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:42 am

HAcoreRD wrote:I think they changed to avoid being repetitive like many other shows...*cough* Simpsons *cough*. I'd rather Kenny die rarely, and they upgraded from Paper Cutout stop motion to Computer Generated characters. The voices, only voice I noticed change was Wendy, and she's not in the show enough for me to care, which is a problem that I wont get into.

As for not dropping catch phrases, same reason "Oh my god they killed Kenny" vanished, or "Respect mah Authoritah", either situation doesn't call for it, or they'd rather generate new pop culture quotes.


That's why I love South Park, yes the model of the seasons should change, only it! And do not do the "the real evil plans" like the Easter episode. I prefers Wendy's new voice, her voice in BLU sucked a lot!

Yes, catch phases gets old and bugs me when every single episode they are said.

You are completly right about The Simpsons! That's why they aren't "so good and famous" anymore, they don't change. About Kenny dying rarely...that's much better! :mrgreen:

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
mysterio
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: South Park Jumps the Shark

Postby mysterio » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:30 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:

"Well the Britney episode was an indictment of the media bullsh*t that surrounds her. I don't see how you'd get "she deserves to die" out of that. If anything, I think we're supposed to feel a little bit sorry for her by the end of it."


You can't really say that because the kids expressed a little sympathy for a headless monstrosity, that makes the show ok.

I see now that one person did reply in defense of the Christopher Reeve episode and also the Britney episode, and said that not only did he find them funny, but that it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Well, I wouldn't say that his thinking that makes him a bad person. I would say that his saying that makes him a boldfaced goddamn liar. How can I make that assumtion? Because a lot of what people write in message boards is just a kneejerk response without a lot of thought put into it, and people will say things that they never would in real life. I find it difficult to imaging coworkers gathering around a watercooler at the office, and one of them saying "Hey did you guys see the funny South Park last night when Brittney blew her head off?"

I wrote that the topic could have been done in a better way, so I'll back that up. I'll propose an alternate scenerio and you can decide which you would prefer...

The kids decide to play a mean trick on Britney, posing as her kids so they can get a picture to make money. But she takes it the wrong way, and decides to shoot herself. But when the kids see what she is about to do they are shocked and say "Are you nuts?! I can't believe things are That bad. You just need to be patient, stop acting crazy, and follow the courts instructions, and then you can see your kids."

So they talk her down, and then spend some time with her, and then realize that the paparrazzi is hounding her every move. So then the kids confront them, as they did in the show and say "Don't you people realize that this is wrong? That you're making a bad situation worse?" And then the media reveals, as they did in the show, that they are in fact cartoonishly evil, and while not actually wishing her harm, would be happy if they had a big story to make money off of, which is pretty bad. Then the kids confront the townspeople, as they did in the show, and say "You don't realize it, but you are actually giving in to hysteria created by the media, so they can make money off of another person's misfortunes, and that isn't journalism, that's exploitation."

Anyway, I am absolutely 100% sure that I posted "South Park Jumps The Shark" as a New Topic, and not as a Reply to "South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!," which I never even clicked on or read.
mysterio
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 pm

South Park Jumps the Shark

Postby mysterio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:51 pm

I can't prove this, but I believe my original new topic was deleted by the moderator, but another member managed to copy my text and posted it as a quote, in a reply to this discussion thread, and before the moderator had time to delete that message it was too late, because by that time there were already replies to that message, which wouldn't make sense if the my post was deleted. Then he covered his tracks by changing the post, making it look like it was posted by mysterio (myself) so there could be no way I could prove I didn't post it.

Whatever, as long as it's posted and I've had my say I'm satisfied and I will consider this mission completed.

So does anybody know the emails where Matt Parker and Trey Stone can be reached?
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:51 pm

That is one of the most contrived and idiotic conspiracy theories ever. Seriously. Posts can be moved or deleted by the admins even if there are replies, and...wow, you are a paranoid fella. And, no, no one knows at what e-mail you can contact Trey and Matt. Now, put that tinfoil hat on- the CIA aliens are after you.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
CHEESE_HEAD
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby CHEESE_HEAD » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 pm

IF YOU THINK SOUTH PARK IS GETTING WORSE SCREW YOU AND YOU CAN GO THE HELL HOME! AND A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THE FEMALE VOICES HAVE CHANGED FROM EARLIER SEASONS THATS BECAUSE THE WOMAN MARY KAY WHO DID ALL THE FEMALE VOICES KILLED HERSELF DURING THE 3RD SEASON

P.S. GO WATCH FAMILY GUY TRAITOR
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I eccho Shane's response to Mysterio: put the tinfoild hat on, turn off the caps lock and stop sniffing the cat-pee on mr. angry CHEESE_HEAD.

I believe my original new topic was deleted by the moderator, but another member managed to copy my text and posted it as a quote, in a reply to this discussion thread

What other member would find your post SOOO enlightening that they'd need to preserve it for posterity? It's not like your the first person to flame the show, in a fairly intelligent way without resorting to capslocks. If the mods don't come out of the closset of laziness to delete posts by CTE and LA_KING, why would they delete a post by you?

So does anybody know the emails where Matt Parker and Trey Stone can be reached?

If I knew where M and T were, do you really think I'd be sitting here talk to you, when I could be laying at their feet and sucking their ballz?

You can't really say that because the kids expressed a little sympathy for a headless monstrosity, that makes the show ok.

No, but since the WHOLE jist of the episode was to depict the media as monsterous and Britney as a fairly innocent victim of the onslaught, you can justify it. NOT THAT IT NEEDS JUSTIFYING, because it was funny, and a comedy, and that's all that really matters when a comedy airs.

Well, I wouldn't say that his thinking that makes him a bad person. I would say that his saying that makes him a boldfaced goddamn liar.

So, if anyone even thinks of disagreeing with you, they must be EVIL, so EVIL that they were probably just joking about thinking differently from you?

"Hey did you guys see the funny South Park last night when Brittney blew her head off?"

And you don't find it difficult to immagine them talking about the Mr Hankey or the episodes where the Catholic, $cientologist, Jewish and Mormon Churches were denigrated if taken LITTERALLY?

Your Idea

Was supprisingly good, but It all depends on how M and T want to portray it. Like you said, that's pretty much identical to the formulae used in earlier episodes, and they don't want to become stale, so they CHANGE the format of the show. I don't like the new dramatic form as much as the older more comedic one, but hell, would you have even come up with this idea in the first place/ Is suicide, stem cell reserch and anything politically or philosophically contreversial BEYOND human comprehension and judgment to you? Then watch the Simpsons you hippie!

Please don't use your "igot me a degree" qualifications as justification for your point, it's completely irrelevent to the topic and makes you sound unsure of your own point.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Snelfisk
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 am

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby Snelfisk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:03 pm

I cant agree with you, i like the new episodes more then the "old" ones :mrgreen:
mysterio
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: South Park Jumps the Shark

Postby mysterio » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:35 pm

I think I know the difference between clicking New Topic rather than Add Reply, then Looking at the post to see that it is there as a New Topic, then returning later and seeing the message gone. The fact is this is not difficult to believe. All a moderator has to do is click a button and all that work is gone, and they do it all the time. If you go to a politically biased forum, and post an opposing view, they will delete you. But that's different, because that's a Stated Rule. The purpose of this site is to make money.

In response to Supersaviors comments a word comes to mind:

Entry Word: sycophant
Function: noun
Text: a person who flatters another in order to get ahead <my teacher isn't fooled by the class sycophants, who are always telling her what a wonderful teacher she is>
Synonymsfawner, flunky (also flunkey), toady

Related Wordsyes-man; hanger-on, leech, parasite, sponge, sponger; henchman, lackey, minion, satellite, slave, stooge; admirer, cultist, devotee, enthusiast, fan, groveler (or groveller), idolater (or idolator), worshipper (or worshiper), zealot; adherent, convert, disciple, follower, partisan, pupil, votary"


supersavior wrote:
"If I knew where M and T were, do you really think I'd be sitting here talk to you, when I could be laying at their feet and sucking their ballz?"



In other words someone who will only say good things about someone or something no matter how bad it is. You could have just said "Okay, I get it, a person blowing her head off and then used as a prop wasn't that funny. So what? That's one or two episodes you cited." But instead you defended the indefensible. It's odd how people so willing to find humor is bashing sacred cows, just lose it if someone says an episode of South Park wasn't funny.

In response to my calling another poster a liar supersavior wrote:
"So, if anyone even thinks of disagreeing with you, they must be EVIL, so EVIL that they were probably just joking about thinking differently from you"

Actually I Specifically said that this just makes him a liar and not a "bad person." But if you question my judgement, put it to to test, and go to wherever you work, assuming there is a watercooler, or a coffee break room, and bring up the topic: "Did you see the funny SP episode where Spears blew her head off and then wandered around as a headless monstrosity."
CartmanMills
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:17 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:44 pm

I would like to hear one person defend the Christopher Reeve episode, and explain how it is not completely vile.


I'll take that challenge.

How is it vile? It's a cartoon - it's not supposed to be taken seriously. Heck, in that regard, South Park should be condemned a million times over for all the stuff they've ever taken the mickey of. The episode wasn't a message - it was satire. It was an incredibly controversial episode but it turned the situation into something out of Superman - and right there should the line between fact and fiction be understood because it was all fiction. There was no message, no anti-stem cell research malarky. It's the same as D12 rapping about Reeve, too - all of it is absolute satire and so should not, ever be taken seriously.
Indigo Rose
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 pm

CartmanMills wrote:
I would like to hear one person defend the Christopher Reeve episode, and explain how it is not completely vile.


I'll take that challenge.

How is it vile? It's a cartoon - it's not supposed to be taken seriously. Heck, in that regard, South Park should be condemned a million times over for all the stuff they've ever taken the mickey of. The episode wasn't a message - it was satire. It was an incredibly controversial episode but it turned the situation into something out of Superman - and right there should the line between fact and fiction be understood because it was all fiction. There was no message, no anti-stem cell research malarky. It's the same as D12 rapping about Reeve, too - all of it is absolute satire and so should not, ever be taken seriously.


I'll take that challenge too. I laughed during parts of the episode, especially the marshmallow/ginger ale thing, the rec center evening, and Chris Reeve's eventual prison. I found it funny, and I'm sure many other people did too.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park is getting worse for every season......too bad!!!

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:54 pm

I tried to be nice, I tried to value your right to a differing oppinion, but that response makes things personal. I know everyone's entitled to their own oppinions, sadly you havn't got that into your highly over-educated head mr Mysterio.

I Specifically said that this just makes him a liar and not a "bad person."

Implying that if he wasn't a lier, he would be a bad person for holding beliefs opposed to yours. I highly doubt your claims to education now, unless you were educated in the same school as 'Dr.' Behe and 'Dr.' Beuw the geocentirc, flat-earth creationist cretins.

Knowing people with a SENSE OF HUMOUR I have actually had conversations begining with aroundabout the same words you use. Admittedly with a guy who jokes about the Collumbine massacres and about going on an abortion killing spree, but that's his problem.

supersavior wrote:
"If I knew where M and T were, do you really think I'd be sitting here talk to you, when I could be laying at their feet and sucking their ballz?"

In other words someone who will only say good things about someone or something no matter how bad it is. You could have just said "Okay, I get it, a person blowing her head off and then used as

PLEASE learn to use the quote button. Anyway, any real fan of the show in it's sort-of earler days would get what I was referencing there, as a JOKE. Anyone with a sense of humour would get that I was JOKING then. Obviously you think I really want to choke on Matt and Trey's hairy little balls; obviously I really do, but that's not the issue. The issue is that you can't take a joke on a forum or in a show and should go back to watching BECKER though that's probably not PC enough for you.

you defended the indefensible

ARE YOU FROM THE CATHOLIC LEAGUE OR CAPALERT OR THE CULT OF $CIENTOLOGY? To say joking about suicide is "indefensable" is a bit odd when the show was jonking about it since SEASON ONE.

In response to Supersaviors comments a word comes to mind:

Entry Word: sycophant

A lot of words come to mind to describe you but the filter wouldn't let me write them up :evil:

Logically false apeals to authority don't work on me by the way. Just because you can use a thesaurus and a dictionary to put down all those synonyms, doesn't mean you have to. Putting down the definition is just making you look like you didn't expect people to know what a sycophant is, showing how contemptuous you are of everyone else's intelligence and oppinions.

Cartman Mills]There was no message, no anti-stem cell research malarky. [/quote]

Don't feed this troll. I get that the episode was one of an army of deliberatly contreversil episodes, as the show deliberatly targets issues that polarise debate, to make people THINK. The episode had an oppinion, it was anti-steam cell, as were many of M and T's other episodes (Kenny Dies) but that doesn't mean the whole show is ruined. It can still be funny: you don't need to agree with someone on EVERY political issue under the sun to find their jokes funny, or you wouldn't find ANYTHING funny. Who have you met who agrees with you on EVERYTHING?!

[quote="Indigo Rose wrote:
I found it funny

Half the episode was hillarious, how can it be condemned for the other half alone?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: South Park Jumps the Shark

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:32 am

mysterio wrote:I think I know the difference between clicking New Topic rather than Add Reply, then Looking at the post to see that it is there as a New Topic, then returning later and seeing the message gone. The fact is this is not difficult to believe. All a moderator has to do is click a button and all that work is gone, and they do it all the time. If you go to a politically biased forum, and post an opposing view, they will delete you. But that's different, because that's a Stated Rule. The purpose of this site is to make money.

In response to Supersaviors comments a word comes to mind:

Entry Word: sycophant
Function: noun
Text: a person who flatters another in order to get ahead <my teacher isn't fooled by the class sycophants, who are always telling her what a wonderful teacher she is>
Synonymsfawner, flunky (also flunkey), toady

Related Wordsyes-man; hanger-on, leech, parasite, sponge, sponger; henchman, lackey, minion, satellite, slave, stooge; admirer, cultist, devotee, enthusiast, fan, groveler (or groveller), idolater (or idolator), worshipper (or worshiper), zealot; adherent, convert, disciple, follower, partisan, pupil, votary"


supersavior wrote:
"If I knew where M and T were, do you really think I'd be sitting here talk to you, when I could be laying at their feet and sucking their ballz?"



In other words someone who will only say good things about someone or something no matter how bad it is. You could have just said "Okay, I get it, a person blowing her head off and then used as a prop wasn't that funny. So what? That's one or two episodes you cited." But instead you defended the indefensible. It's odd how people so willing to find humor is bashing sacred cows, just lose it if someone says an episode of South Park wasn't funny.

In response to my calling another poster a liar supersavior wrote:
"So, if anyone even thinks of disagreeing with you, they must be EVIL, so EVIL that they were probably just joking about thinking differently from you"

Actually I Specifically said that this just makes him a liar and not a "bad person." But if you question my judgement, put it to to test, and go to wherever you work, assuming there is a watercooler, or a coffee break room, and bring up the topic: "Did you see the funny SP episode where Spears blew her head off and then wandered around as a headless monstrosity."


Your posts are just a few amongst MANY that have called BNL a really bad episode, mine included, so why would your post be targetted for the "OMG MOD CONSPIRACY!!@!!!"? I've debated that BNL sucked for just as long as you and I have far more posts on the subject, not one has been deleted. Admit it; you f*cked up. It happens to everyone at some point. Stop being a cry baby about it and face facts.

Guess what? The Christopher Reeve stuff in the "Krazy Kripples" episode....I didn't care about it. At all. Neither pro or con. What I liked about the episode was Timmy and Jimmy.

And you didn't get the "Laying at their feet and sucking their balls." joke? Seriously, in a slightly differently worded way it is an episode. Watch more of the show.

I don't find suicide funny. I didn't find it funny in BNL. However, does it offend me? No, and neither does ninety percent of the sh*t that is done on the show. Grow a thick skin if you want to watch the show, coward.

You may be one of the most arrogant posters I've seen in a long time.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests