Make fun of Conservatives already! Jeez!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShugoHack

Make fun of Conservatives already! Jeez!

Postby ShugoHack » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Matt and Trey's excuse years ago for making fun of Liberals was that no one does it, and they never see it coming. For one, thats not true. I see Mad Tv, SNL, The Daily Show, The Simpsons and all these shows making fun of Liberals all the time. The difference between these shows and South Park, is that they also make fun of Conservatives.

South Park has become so biased now it is tiring. Im not talking about recent episodes. Actually, there doesn't seem to be much Political messages in the last three episodes. But Matt and Trey go after Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, anti-smoking laws, PETA and all these other Liberal accociated things relentlessly. To be a true master of comedy, you have to poke fun at everybody. Yet they have a whole episode with George Bush, making him look like an average Joe, and then do a whole episode with Al Gore and they tear him apart.

Their excuse is stupid. It is obvious that Matt and Trey are catering to Conservatives.

I actually find episodes about PETA and Anti-Smoking laws funny and true. I love these types of episodes. It would be fun though to actually see Conservatives get a peice of South Park style humor., which rarely happens.
superiorsavior

Re: Make fun of Conservatives already! Jeez!

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:33 pm

The Simpsons is the most left wing show I've seen in years, almost all movies depict the democrats as saviours. South Park deals with Liberals because they're harder targets than republicans. What can they say that a republican hasdn't said already?

But they may actually be conservatives. That doesn't mean they can't share their political oppinion. If a liberal can, why can't a conservative? They say they're on the right, they admit it, if you don't like the messages so much it ruins the humour then don't watch. Their actuall excuse is pretty lame though, it mainly referred to Bush. They need a new excuse :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
aerisangel16

Postby aerisangel16 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:41 pm

They make fun of whoever the hell they wanna make fun of. And they should.

But making fun of the Liberals is way more hilarious.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:25 am

The "Pissed off white trash redneck conservetive" must have slipped your mind. Alot of the time they do make fun of both sides like in "I'm a Little Bit Country". And George Bush is the most overtargeted person for comedy in America (If anything people need to stop targeting). Al Gore on the other hand isn't half as made fun of(Plus "Manbearpig" is one of the greatest episodes of all time)
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 pm

sh*t, make fun of who ever the f*ck you want, just as long as it's actually funny.

Al Gore in Manbearpig; more annoying than funny. The B story redeemed that episode.

But most other times, the injection of political humor into the show is pretty damn funny, regardless of who's the target.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 pm

What the hell are you talking about, they make fun of both sides constantly. South Park is not left-wing, it's not right-wing. Libertarianism is not about wings, just freedom.

You guys gotta remember Trey Parker is a registered Republican, who the hell can claim this guy as a leftist?
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 pm

He might not be a leftist but he certainly isn't on the right either. I heard he was a Libertanian, not a Republican, but that may have been Matt. Both sides curtail freedom in one way or another, and while I'd be wary of lumping them in traditional Libertanian Party teriroty (they don't seem to like Mrs. Rand very much/ Chicken Lover), I would say they can take the piss out of whoever they want. They're way more ballenced (attacking everyone) than any other show I know.
Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:04 pm

PIPaul wrote:He might not be a leftist but he certainly isn't on the right either. I heard he was a Libertanian, not a Republican, but that may have been Matt.

That's what I thought I said but fair enough. :P
CHEESE_HEAD

Postby CHEESE_HEAD » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 am

In best friends forever it clearly makes fun of conservatives by says that they are influenced by Satan which i think is a pretty good burn. Besides who cares liberal or not the jokes are still funny as sh*t.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:55 pm

SNL may make fun of liberals, but not nearly as much as conservatives, so that doesn't hold up. And you know what? Who cares, as long as the jokes are funny? I don't, and I'm a conservative.

Liberals get, for the most part, a pass in comedy.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”