Don't f*ck with the Danes!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Don't f*ck with the Danes!

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 am

Matt and Trey finally made fun of a group involving me. They f*cked with the Danes!

I'm not complaining though, I'm just kind of proud that my people was mentioned at all, even negative appearances in the media is good : )

Only once before they mentioned Denmark, in the Cartoon war episodes (visit my old topic on that: http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19681)

But the stereotype they but forward in the episode is of course far from the reality (wow, big surprise, huh? - but I have actually never seen anyone wearing clothes like that in Denmark, and Hockey isn't that big a sport here)
So for me it's only positive to experience to be a victim in one of their episodes, and this just confirm me in my beliefs that getting pissed because they make fun of you, is totally gay....

Even though I'm okay with them putting Danes in the episode (even though I don't see the point, it wasn't funny and they didn't play a major part in the episode), I still think it's lame to call Denmark an insignificant, small country that doesn't matter. Denmark has one of the strongest economies in the world, and the best social program ever. High taxes but happy citizens!

And don't forget Hamlet, Bang & Olufsen and LEGO, your lives wouldn't be the same without them!!

Any comments, questions? Hit me : )

Sincerely yours, the proud Dane!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
ShaneHaughey

Re: Don't f*ck with the Danes!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Niels is Danish, he didn't care.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Niels is Danish, he didn't care.

Okay, good for him..
If you read my post you'll see that I don't hold anything against the joke, it's harmless, though very cheesy... : )

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:49 pm

I didn't say you had a problem. I as just giving the reaction of the only Dane I personally know.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
mr99cm

Postby mr99cm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:29 pm

im danish and the only thing that piss me of is that they say we like hokey..

i meaen its like as big as bowling here seriously
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm

mr99cm wrote:im danish and the only thing that piss me of is that they say we like hokey..

i meaen its like as big as bowling here seriously

Hehe, ja, det er sku ikke en særlig stor sport herhjemme : )

jens_aggergren

Postby jens_aggergren » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:52 pm

As a Dane I clap my little hands together everytime Denmark is mentioned in the media (yah!). And of course it's especially sweet when it's featured on South Park (even as a side-joke in an episode making fun of Canadians).

Though the depiction of danes make it clear that the writers have little or no idear about danish cultural identity. Then again, neither does most people watching the show i guess. Which is sort-of hillarious in an on itself. (Like the guy to the left wearing what appears to be Bavarian Lederhosen in the shot of the Danes arriving at the Airport).

It would like to see the south park gang visit denmark,
or maybe meet some eccentric danish movie director or something. In fact, wouldn't it be great if they made an entire south park episode entirely in danish. That would be like this totally funny in-joke that only the couple of hundred thousand danish people who enjoy south park would unterstand. Everyone else would be oblivious :lol:

However I must warn you that while we Danes are generally open-minded and layed back, we will not stand for any mockery or lampooning of our royal family. I tell you, if you should make even the smallest of fart jokes involving our Quenn or Crown Prince, your supply of bacon and beer will dry out quicker than you can say smoerrebroedsjomfru! You'll be wan't for pastries within a surprisingly short amount of time!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Damn, why didn't I see THIS comin'. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:20 pm

I lived in Denmark for the past two years, moved out last february, though. I'm from Finland and during my stay in Denmark I developed this kind of a love-hate relationship to it.

You're wrong about it not being funny. I laughed my ass off! Of course Matt and Trey got that completely wrong in every way possible, but it was still funny! :cartmanlaugh: I'm always stoked when they rip off Europeans, in general, but the French and the Germans are kind of an "easy and obvious task".

Still, my strong opinion is that it's the Finns who are the real Canadians of Europe! Finland is up north, we kick ass at hockey, and no-one REALLY pays any attention to us. I would have been stoked if they would have made fun of the Finns.
Last edited by strumpfhose on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas_H

Postby Andreas_H » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 pm

jens_aggergren wrote that they should not make fun of the danish royal family... I dont understand why he says that, wen it happens so often here in Denmark, then why shuldnt SP do it? I dont know any one who gets pissed when a newspaper or a radioshow makes fun on the royal family, and they are doing that every time they get a chance... So dont hold back, give them hell! No one gives a sh*t..
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:25 pm

strumpfhose wrote:Still, my strong opinion is that it's the Finns who are the real Canadians of Europe! Finland is up north, we kick ass at hockey, and no-one REALLY pays any attention to us. I would have been stoked if they would have made fun of the Finns.

Yeah, and you're accent, when speaking english, is probably funnier than ours. No offense but you're language is f*ucked up ; )

I heard that the letter Y is the one most used in Finland? That would make sence, it super hard to read your words : )

Andreas_H wrote:I dont know any one who gets pissed when a newspaper or a radioshow makes fun on the royal family, and they are doing that every time they get a chance... So dont hold back, give them hell! No one gives a sh*t..

Yeah, I agree, nobody would give a rats ass, and therefore it wouldn't be funny at all? : )

jens_aggergren wrote:Though the depiction of danes make it clear that the writers have little or no idear about danish cultural identity.

Yeah, and that kinda kills the joke, I think... Because then you could make funny depictions of everyone, without no hold to it at all?..

PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:37 pm

The hocky thing, they were joking about, to make it seem like you could replace Cannada easily. They just picked your nation out of a hat of cold European places. Could've picked Sweeden, Finland, hell, even Scotland just as easilly. Probably just wanted to draw traditional Danish dress. The only Dane I know (Petre) does wear clogs so... can't be all wrong :)

Finland always comes to mind when I think, boring nation Europe could do without... joke :)

England gets pissed on more than any other European nation by South Park (Pip's 19th Century steryotype, the Snuke) that aren't anything to do with the way we've been sincde the US/UK war of indipendance, so if anyone should get offended, it's us. They litterally KILLED out royalty. But we're only offended by the fact that we don't appear as often as Cannada :)

A south park goes to Scandinavia episode would kick ass... if my expierience with Scandinavians is anywhere near realistic.
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 pm

why are you mad? south park f*cks with everyone
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:21 am

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:Yeah, and you're accent, when speaking english, is probably funnier than ours. No offense but you're language is f*ucked up ; )

I heard that the letter Y is the one most used in Finland? That would make sence, it super hard to read your words : )

Most younger Finns have a pretty decent accent actually, nothing weird. You'd expect us to have a weird accent because, as you said, our language is totally f'd up. I don't know if the letter "y" is used especially often, but all the vowels are in general...

BUT, Danish is basically just Swedish with a f'd up pronounciation! There! :D Because I know Swedish, and German and therefore I can understand written Danish. But when you speak it, it doesn't sound like anything.

PIPaul wrote: Could've picked Sweeden, Finland, hell, even Scotland just as easilly.

They could have picked any Scandinavian country BUT Sweden. Sweden is too "hip" to be Canada. At least they have Ikea and H&M.

PIPaul wrote:A south park goes to Scandinavia episode would kick ass... if my expierience with Scandinavians is anywhere near realistic.

It would SO kick ass!!!! Realistic or not, I wouldn't care. By the way, Matt Stone has even visited Finland, and both Matt and Trey have visited Sweden and Norway. So they have some experience ;)
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:09 am

Butterslover21 wrote:why are you mad? south park f*cks with everyone

I'm not mad.. read the post?

strumpfhose, I don't really know your language, only heard it a few times, and I never heard a person from Finland speak English, so it was just a guess, hehe...

And yeah, SP in Scandinavia would be funny. Cartman up here, soooo funny... He'd hate every last one of us

Return to “General South Park Discussion”