Boycotting South park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BenTheBozer

Boycotting South park

Postby BenTheBozer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 am

Latlely with season 12 comeing out for south i have fealt that the writters have lost its touch with south park now days there just stealing things of youtube and maken family guy jokes come on family guy is cool so the next episode i will be boycotting south park come who is with me?
squeakie

Re: Boycotting South park

Postby squeakie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am

I'm not. :assface:
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm

not me the new episodes have been okay
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:26 pm

BenTheBozer wrote:Latlely with season 12 comeing out for south i have fealt that the writters have lost its touch with south park now days there just stealing things of youtube and maken family guy jokes come on family guy is cool so the next episode i will be boycotting south park come who is with me?

1- I count one Family Guy joke in four episodes.
2- Stealing this off Youtube? Well, when they make fun of the news are they stealing headlines? Or when they make fun of celebrities are they stealing a whole mess of issues? Countries? Beliefe structures? The answer is...yes. And welcome to television, it is how it works when you want smart, relatable humour and not just a bunch of random bullsh*t.
3- It is your opinion that Family Guy is cool, not fact. I for one have never found it funny.
4- Did you honestly think that you were going to get a whole bunch of responses like, "YEAH! GO US!" with you to boycot the episode?
5- Did you just watch the fourth episode of the season? Because that was the only time I remember a Fmily Guy joke or a rip on Youtube.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Episode 4 shows us what Matt and Trey think of boycotts :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey I've got a great idea! I'll start a South Park boycott thread on a South Park forum!

And all because of a couple shots at Family Guy, et. al.? Jeez, lighten up, bro. I love FG; always have. But who cares if they make fun of it on SP? It's funny, dude, that's all that matters.

Matt Stone's Peter Griffin voice is hilarious. Even though it sounds like Fred Flintstone.

You read it! You can't unread it!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Matt probably thinks it'd be degrading to use the real Family Guy voice. They hate that show like it was the deamonic love child of Phill Collins and Babera Streisand!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Heck, I don't have a problem with the Family Guy parodies.

Family Guy has dropped the ball on comedy with it's latest episodes - ridiculous references nobody gets and one laugh wonders. And this is coming from someone who is a die-hard fan of the show.
chel

Postby chel » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:23 am

I love when Matt and Trey make fun of Family Guy.
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am

On Boycotting a show because you personally don't like a recent episode: Don't you have something better to do, and if not that makes you a lowlier excuse for humanity than myself.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:34 am

Yeah, you really expect people to take your side for boycotting south park just because they're ripping on something. That's the way these shows work, they rip on things that some people like (family guy, simpsons, those stupid geico comercials with the cavemen, crocodile hunter, i could go on and on). I like both the simpsons and family guy, but just because they rip on shows in an episode, i don't suddenly stop liking it. If you don't like something just because they're making fun of something and you don't like that happening, why are you still watching it? Mind of mencia is a show i really enjoy watching and he makes fun of everything but i don't get pissed when he makes fun of something i like because i don't take any of it to the heart and i just ignore any comments that pertain to me or somebody i know.
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
coolmanwc4

Postby coolmanwc4 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:38 am

I'll admit the latest few seasons have had some bad episodes, and Matt and Tre have gotten a lot more political (hence the emergence of the term South Park Republican) but it's still good watching. How can I dislike a show with an episode about reading and f*cking chickens? Let's just hope for some better episodes in the future. and more Barbrady! "T is for turtle"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:18 am

Ok, really? When has boycotting anything caused it to cease to be? It only draws attention to the boycotted thing, causing it to become more popular.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 am

Two years ago, I wasn't really liking South Park, but I didn't all together boycott it. . I would watch an episode once, but not really for a second time, because I honestly didn't think they were that good and I still don't really like the episodes from season 10. Now I am liking season 12 (especially Major Boobage) and no way am I boycotting it. There is no way for any show to please every single fan, and South Park has a pretty large and diverse fan base.Maybe in the future, you will see episodes that are more to your liking but if you stop watching now you might miss out..

And I like Family Guy too, but hey if Trey and Matt don't, and they want to make fun of it, that is up to them. I am not going to get offended. I can see why they would make fun of Youtube, Youtube can be an addiction..I have been known to spend way too much time on there.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 pm

BRMBug wrote:Ok, really? When has boycotting anything caused it to cease to be? It only draws attention to the boycotted thing, causing it to become more popular.

Tell that to "New Coke".

Also, I believe labor organizer Caesar Chavez led a successful boycott of grapes in the 1960's to get better wages for farm laborers.

And let's not forget the famous Montgomery Bus Boycott in the late 50's. (You know, that whole Rosa Parks business?)

It can work, but you need a better cause than whining about some f*cking TV show you don't like.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”