Boycotting South park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Butterslover21

Re: Boycotting South park

Postby Butterslover21 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:52 pm

no f*ckin way i'm boycotting south park
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
BackDoorNine

Postby BackDoorNine » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 am

what's this, season 12? I've loved everything I have seen from seasons 1-11. This whole season could suck chocolate salty balls and I'd still be a fan.

And ripping on the show for "stealing ideas" on youtube? Just about every episode rips on something in popular culture. It's an endless list, sooo in touch with pop culture.

I would have had more respect for this post if you had identified what song butters was lampooning in his youtube vid :P
PeterCoffin

Postby PeterCoffin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:33 am

No dude, you boycott injustice.

You turn your TV off when you don't like what's on it.
---------------------------------------------
petercoffin.com
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:35 am

Matt and Trey should be more original, yeah. But what the heck were they stealing Butters or the Cannadian song from again?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
locsphere

Postby locsphere » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am

Some of there best episodes involve spoofing something else. They put there own unique twist on it

Examples

Simpsons did it
Fun with weapons
Aspen.

All great episodes I think the episodes just get better and better.

Look at major boobage I must have watched that 10 times on xbox live. then I downloaded one for my ipod. I love this show
GiGGi

Postby GiGGi » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:00 am

South Park is one of the best shows EVER, and though some of the recent episodes might not be as great as the first ones, it is still on top of my list!

If you don't wanna watch it, don't, it's a free country after all!
[GiGGi]
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Like they say in Simpsons did it, you can't really make ANYTHING original these days... so spoofs are OK.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

cartmanismylove4ever

Postby cartmanismylove4ever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:09 pm

u know wut BEN. IF U DO BOYCOTT SOUTH PARK I WILL HUNT U DOWN AND MURDER U. SOUTH PARK IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME. SO IF U THINK U CAN "BOYCOTT" IT THINK AGAIN F*** FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Characters: Cartman and Butters

Favorite All Time Episode: Tonsil Trouble
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 pm

I think that's a bit extreme... can U learn to speak in english first? But seriously, how does one 'boycott' a TV show?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:54 pm

I'd never boycott it. Some people just don't see it all like I do. I've never been dissappointed by SP very much, I respect what they do and I try to understand their motives for doing it. You're really limiting your enjoyment of something by your kiddy kinda judgment of what makes it bad. Theres no universal better/worse, so stop trying.
But its good that you were an assh*le. Being an assh*le is the first step to enlightenment.
CHEESE_HEAD

Postby CHEESE_HEAD » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:45 am

family guy i think is gay and 2nd you say there stealing ideas i think they went over this in the Simpson's did it episode
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:52 pm

BenTheBozer wrote: i will be boycotting south park come who is with me?

Did you seriously think you were going to get anyone to join you in a boycott of South Park at the official South Park site...you know...where fans hang out? Gesh srsly.

If you don't like the episodes, don't watch it. It's not that difficult.
Namel

Postby Namel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:28 pm

BenTheBozer wrote:Latlely with season 12 comeing out for south i have fealt that the writters have lost its touch with south park now days there just stealing things of youtube and maken family guy jokes come on family guy is cool so the next episode i will be boycotting south park come who is with me?

Are you trying to spoof the requests to boycott the Chinese Olimpics?? :)
tsarstepan

Postby tsarstepan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
Tell that to "New Coke".
It can work, but you need a better cause than whining about some f*cking TV show you don't like.

Don't tell me you fell for that marketing sleight of hand which resulted in taking sugar cane out of the Coca Cola formula to be replaced with the much cheaper high fructose corn syrup.

Corn syrup was cheaper than cane sugar; that's what it came down to. In 1980, five years before the introduction of New Coke, half the cane sugar in Coca-Cola had been replaced with high fructose corn syrup. By six months prior to New Coke's knocking the original Coca-Cola off the shelves, there was no cane sugar in American Coca-Cola. Whether they knew it or not, what consumers were drinking then was 100% sweetened by high fructose corn syrup.

source: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.asp

Anyway you made a good point, while the successes you mentioned were the exceptions to the rule on the futility of boycotts, calling for a boycott over a tv show is quite pathetic when there are so many more weightier issues on the world's plate that need more attention.

and ps. one shouldn't give the guy any credit on any attempt to spoof the call to boycott the Olympics. Clearly, he can't find a dictionary or use the spell check on his browser so I doubt he even knows that people are actually trying to boycott the Olympics.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:06 am

BenTheBozer wrote:Latlely with season 12 comeing out for south i have fealt that the writters have lost its touch with south park now days there just stealing things of youtube and maken family guy jokes come on family guy is cool so the next episode i will be boycotting south park come who is with me?

Wait a minute....let me get this straight...

You joined the official South Park fan BBS to start a thread about boycotting the show on the premise that it's not as good as it once was??

Dude, what planet do you come from???

:?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”