The Muhammed Image

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BasV

The Muhammed Image

Postby BasV » Mon May 19, 2008 7:25 pm

I know they tried to get it aired in the Cartoon Wars episode, but comedy central censored it.. Now why is it censored here too? Can I get the episode uncensored somewhere?
butters kenny

Re: The Muhammed Image

Postby butters kenny » Mon May 19, 2008 7:27 pm

I think that was ment as a joke.......................................................
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Comedy Central probably doesn't wanna see another 9/11 anytime soon... or it just doesn't have the balls to allow the image to be uncensored. Either way, it's never gonna be uncensored.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
y2k8

Postby y2k8 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:59 am

Well for a start they have shown the image of muhommad in the episode best friends forever where jesus muhommad and the monk guy were teaming up to face scientology(well it wasn't called that but that's what it was) but the censor(in cartoon wars) was deliberate by trey and parker as they were annoyed when a previous episode was pulled.I think it was scientology the one with tom cruise and only got aired eventually as it got leaked over the internet ayway.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 20, 2008 11:40 am

y2k8 wrote:the censor(in cartoon wars) was deliberate by trey and parker as they were annoyed when a previous episode was pulled.I think it was scientology the one with tom cruise and only got aired eventually as it got leaked over the internet ayway.

No. Please read the following article:

'South Park' Creators Skewer Own Network

By DAVID BAUDER
The Associated Press
Thursday, April 13, 2006; 4:20 PM

NEW YORK -- Banned by Comedy Central from showing an image of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, the creators of "South Park" skewered their own network for hypocrisy in the cartoon's most recent episode.

The comedy - in an episode aired during Holy Week for Christians - instead featured an image of Jesus Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag.

In an elaborately constructed two-part episode of their Peabody Award-winning cartoon, "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker intended to comment on the controversy created by a Danish newspaper's publishing of caricatures of Muhammad. Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.

When the cartoons were reprinted in newspapers worldwide in January and February, it sparked a wave of protests primarily in Islamic countries.

Parker and Stone were angered when told by Comedy Central several weeks ago that they could not run an image of Muhammad, according to a person close to the show who didn't want to be identified because of the issue's sensitivity.

The network's decision was made over concerns for public safety, the person said.

Comedy Central said in a statement issued Thursday: "In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." Its executives would not comment further.

Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue May 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Does anyone know the status of "Super Best Friends"? Does this episode still air?
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue May 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Super Best Friends better still air, it's my favourite episode! They never made the mohammed cartoon bit, knowing them, and as they wouln't want to work and make it, it's not really censored rather than remade. You'll never see the immage in the cartoon unless you photoshop it in, in which case, don't drop muhammed's bomb-head anywhere near this site :P
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 20, 2008 11:51 pm

superiorsavior wrote:They never made the mohammed cartoon bit, knowing them, and as they wouln't want to work and make it, it's not really censored rather than remade.

The Volokh Conspiracy has this to say:

Jim Lindgren reporting...

South Park Executive Producer Reveals That Comedy Central Censored the Showing of Mohammed out of Fear, not “Religious Tolerance.”

Thursday, April 13, 2006.

On Wednesday night, the cable network Comedy Central showed a censored episode of the animated cartoon, South Park, refusing to allow a brief depiction of the prophet Mohammed. The battles between the network and the producers and creators of South Park over the inclusion of Mohammed raged until late Tuesday night, less than 24 hours before the show aired Wednesday at 10pm ET.

Interview With Producer Reveals Reason for Censorship was "Fear"

1. In an interview Thursday evening, South Park Executive Producer Anne Garefino revealed to me that the show was faced with two options: deliver the episode as written and animated with Mohammed shown and then allow Comedy Central to censor it, or edit out the disputed scene and write their own language explaining why Mohammed was not being shown and whose decision it was. “We wanted everyone to understand how strongly we felt about this,” said Garefino. Although the decision to omit Mohammed was not theirs, they wanted the language of the censorship disclosure to be their own.

2. Garefino ... made clear that the reason for Comedy Central’s decision was “fear”: “We were happy that they didn’t try to claim that it was because of religious tolerance.”

3. When asked whether Comedy Central was responding to any specific threats of violence if it showed Mohammed, Garefino replied, “Not that I know of.”

4. Garefino also confirmed that a short video circulating on the internet, which purports to be the excised South Park scene with Mohammed, is a forgery, though she revealed that a scene with Mohammed was animated and does exist. Garefino reported that she still hopes that the original, uncensored episode of South Park will be shown in the near future.

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:23 am

Here is the fake clip:
http://www.brendanloy.com/2006/04/see-t ... -clip.html

Also, for DAMN SURE evidence that it is a fake, notice that Muhammad is drawn in South Park style, an actual 'rip' from the previous SP episode with Muhammad. While everyone els in the Family Guy spoof is drawn in Family Guy Spoof style.

The audio in the video gives it away to, it is Osama Bin Laden saying "Jihad, jihad." Yes, this was stripped from the episode "Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants".
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
BRANCHMORGAN

Postby BRANCHMORGAN » Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 am

I didn't realize this website was part of comedy central. I thought it was operated seperately by the SP creators. But since it does appear to be part of CC that explains why the image of Muhammed isn't edited back in on this website.

I wonder though if the SP creators would have put it here anyway. If I were them I would be scared. I certainly wouldn't want some group of "kill you at ALL cost" assasins trying to ruin my jacuzzi parties, or hampering my access to super hot prostitutes, which is how I hope the SP creators spend their time.
spfan1

Postby spfan1 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:19 pm

i t was a joke like in the first drawn together episode when clara says "foxxy could have been waving or doing this.but her finger was to blury to tell" its a joke
You're reading this because it might be funny.
shorty7096

Postby shorty7096 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:53 pm

dude i think it was supposed to be a joke making fun of comedy central :cartmanhappy:
A Little Overboard

Postby A Little Overboard » Sat May 31, 2008 5:44 pm

Grrr, those assh*les.
If any of those protesting homosexuals knew how to fight like men I could OWN them!
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P

Return to “General South Park Discussion”