A 'Return of the Jedi'-esque Redemption for Chef?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GaryHarrison86

A 'Return of the Jedi'-esque Redemption for Chef?

Postby GaryHarrison86 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 pm

I was going to post this in the episode speculation forum, but apparently I don't have access. I was just wondering if something like this might be in the works. I mean, you can't just turn Chef into a Vader-like character without some intention to use him in the future, right?

Regardless of the conditions under which Isaac Hayes left the show, I think there is great potential for Chef to redeem himself by saving the children from the Super Adventure Club as they, say, came to climb the volcano or something. He could then either die there on the mountain, or continue on as Darth Chef in the school cafeteria (obviously they don't need Mr. Hayes for that).

You guys think it's possible that something like this could happen? Would you want something like this to occur? It could even be done as a RotJ parody with the kindergarten children acting like Ewoks or something! :D

Just something I was thinking about...
Butterslover21

Re: A 'Return of the Jedi'-esque Redemption for Chef?

Postby Butterslover21 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

itwould be cool, but no. it's not gonna happen.
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 pm

If they use a robot voice from now on it's possible, make him act trtuely ooc... just to piss off Isac Hayyes if he comes back to sue them :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
y2k8

Postby y2k8 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Nice thought but I can't see it happening as they seem to have moved on by elevating Garrison and Randy into his role but who knows? personally i think i think if they had that plan originally then they would have done it by now besides the whole borrowing phrases from isaac's past and putting them together didn't work too well.
GaryHarrison86

Postby GaryHarrison86 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:40 am

I think the phrase borrowing from previous Chef statements, while necessary for the episode, was also intended to be blocky and awkward to convey the idea that he had changed in some way. That said, I think it would be pretty easy at this point to do what they did with Darth Chef; use a completely different voice manipulated in whatever way. Heck, James Earl Jones is a heck of a way off from Hayden Christiansen (shudder).

I also sort of agree that, had their been plans to do this, they would have done so already. However, I'm glad to hear that others believe this would be an interesting direction to pursue.
chilidogs4hotlunch

Postby chilidogs4hotlunch » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Stupid smelly fart-faced Scientologists!! I must say, they're really getting to be a thorn in my balls.
TheGreen1

Postby TheGreen1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 am

I honestly can't believe Isaac Hayes left the show because South Park made fun of Scientology (at least I'm pretty sure. I mean, that religion is simply asking for it.

Also, F.Y.I. I did some looking around, and found out that when they said they weren't joking about what Scientologists actually believe (The Xemu alien stuff) that they were being truthful. I found this link dated back to 96 talking about the fact and such.

Honestly, Chef leaving is bullsh*t. Especially if wikipedia can be believed when it said that he was fine with the episode a week earlier then quits a few days before saying that they crossed the line with Scientology. Something ain't adding up here, and I'm not talking about the Xemu story.
MikeStone

Postby MikeStone » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:23 am

I think that chef should come back but he should not stay as Darth. With all the crazy things that go on with that show they can think of something to bring him back in his body. Like with Mr. Garrisons penis being grown on a mouse. They could easily just have a new chef cloned or like in X-men 3 were Xavier had his body destroyed. But he had a twin brother that was in a vegetative state so his body was good but his mind wasn't. So at the end of X-men 3 Xavier just transferred his mind into his twin brothers. Easily south park could do something crazy like that to get chef back the way he was. I mean look at that Return of Chef episode. Chef's body was completely demolished but yet the super adventure club got his "soul" or whatever in that Darth body. But if there was such an episode it should be a two parter.
:frozenkenny:
Evanl

Postby Evanl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 pm

I Thought They Would But he Quit Because They Made Fun Of A Religion And It Offended him so he said f it
Evan Ledford

Return to “General South Park Discussion”