Imaginationland / Jesus

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Evanl

Imaginationland / Jesus

Postby Evanl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 pm

In Imagination lan ever thing supposed to be fake then why is jesus there are they tryin to say hes fake?
Evan Ledford
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Imaginationland / Jesus

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Lots of people believe he didn't exist at all, so to them, he's an imaginary character. And we really don't know what he looked like - we can only imagine it, seeing him in our own image (blond Jesus, black Jesus, etc.).
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Also, other 'Gods' are in Imaginationland too - Krishna, Buddha, etc. The real question is, what was Joseph Smith doing there?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:08 pm

haha yeah i also noticed how they made jesus a part of imaginationland, it made me lol

but its really like that, they dont believe in jesus, im sure i've heard them say so in an interview somewhere
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:08 am

While i'm sure some staffers believed and some didn't, it's just a *joke* about the fact that, people commonly wouldn't put jesus in the catagory of an immaginary caractar alongside other (equally legitimate in my view) gods in mortal form like Popeye :p

Why SP would make Jesus immaginary when there is a REAL jesus in SP I don't know... perhaps because we have a jesus who lives in our minds, but is nothing like the real jesus, who is in heaven, maybee? I don't really know.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Regardless of whether or not Jesus was an actual human being, he's in Imaginationland because of the mythological legacy he has. The super-human feats attributed to Jesus in the new testament might as well be imaginary for all we know, so that makes him an imaginary character; probably based on a real person, though.

The same criteria would allow our magic underpants-wearing Joseph Smith to be there. A real person with a bunch of mythology surrounding him.

That means Chuck Norris probably inhabits Imaginationland as well.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Timou

Postby Timou » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Santa kicked ass in that episode by the way :D
what, what, in my butt
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:20 pm

This is a good thread....

... for me to avoid.

ttyl see ya elsewhere in the forum.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:57 pm

...Am I real?

The jesus thing brings up some questions about all the other ridiculous things that have happened in SP, have they all just been part of the kids imaginations? That would suck.

Maybe all the ads on this site aren't real... good, thats relieving. Theres an upside to this side of existentialism.

And a final question it raises is about Trey's religion. He was raised by his dad in the buddhist teachings of Alan Watts, but I think he left some of that stuff behind, based on hating hippies. Wait, actually it doesn't raise anything about that. Never mind. Or does it?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:51 pm

superiorsavior wrote:While i'm sure some staffers believed and some didn't, it's just a *joke* about the fact that, people commonly wouldn't put jesus in the catagory of an immaginary caractar alongside other (equally legitimate in my view) gods in mortal form like Popeye :p

Why SP would make Jesus immaginary when there is a REAL jesus in SP I don't know... perhaps because we have a jesus who lives in our minds, but is nothing like the real jesus, who is in heaven, maybee? I don't really know.

just like you said its a joke and its south park, it makes no sense :P

but i have heard in an interview somewhere that neither matt nor trey believe in jesus, so it fits that they would do something like that lol
CartmansDaSSh1t

Postby CartmansDaSSh1t » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 am

If they didn't believe in Jesus, why did they make the passion of the Jew?. They depict Jesus as a real person there?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:59 am

CartmansDaSSh1t wrote:If they didn't believe in Jesus, why did they make the passion of the Jew?. They depict Jesus as a real person there?

they made the passion of the jew because the passion was a big deal and they make fun of plenty of current things
plus with kyle being jew and cartman totally antisemitic it was obvious they were going to say something about it
and about making making jesus real in the show and have him appear on tv and all, thats just a joke of course, doesnt mean they believe in jesus, they make santa real too and i really hope they dont believe in him
NHLkicksass91

Postby NHLkicksass91 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Also, other 'Gods' are in Imaginationland too - Krishna, Buddha, etc. The real question is, what was Joseph Smith doing there?

smith died,imaginationland is part of heaven,makes no sense,right?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”