Cult of cartman dvd new pictures and back cover

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Cult of cartman dvd new pictures and back cover

Postby James--76 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 am

Heres the link for the dvd with episode list now

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/South- ... tman/10499
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BigAl89

Re: Cult of cartman dvd new pictures and back cover

Postby BigAl89 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:30 pm

ooo cool

... disappointed they didn't include faith+1 though :(
Cartman: It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Essey

Postby Essey » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm with ya, they should have added "Faith +1". Aw well.

"EXCLUSIVE NEW ANIMATION
Original Life Lessons Introduced by Eric Cartman"

... o:

Holy crap this DVD looks like it'll be awesome. XD I can't help but laugh at how serious the cover art looks.
GregW

Postby GregW » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 pm

I'll probably buy the R1 for this. :)
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 pm

The cover art is funny :lol: I agree with you, BigAl89 and Essey; Christian Rock Hard should have been in there to go with the religious theme. Overall, as far as a "best of Cartman" collection, it seems like they've deliberately selected episodes mostly from later seasons....but what about "Tsst?" from season 10?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:39 pm

i would have taken out super fun time and added either christian rock hard or casa bonita
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:04 pm

jewish pride wrote:i would have taken out super fun time and added either christian rock hard or casa bonita

I would've just added Christian Rock Hard as a bonus and not taken anything out. All of the episodes included are great and feature some of the best Cartman moments, so I couldn't think of one that doesn't deserve to be on this DVD.

It appears this DVD includes all of the good Cartman episodes in season 12 because season 12 isn't finished and therefore not availible on DVD yet. They did the same thing with the "Matt and Trey's Top 10 Episodes" DVD. It included 2 season 9 episodes before season 9 was availible on it's own. I agree that Super Fun Time was far from Cartman's best, but it fits with the DVD.

Edit: I was so busy discussing the episode choice on this DVD that I forgot to mention that the packaging, Cartman intros, and season 12 episodes make this worth the price. I already own seasons 1-11 on DVD, but I still preordered this on Amazon for those reasons.
Last edited by Aidsburger on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I was suprised that "Tsst" "Christian Rock Hard" & "Casa Bonta" where not on there.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Aidsburger wrote:
jewish pride wrote:i would have taken out super fun time and added either christian rock hard or casa bonita

I would've just added Christian Rock Hard as a bonus and not taken anything out. All of the episodes included are great and feature some of the best Cartman moments, so I couldn't think of one that doesn't deserve to be on this DVD.

It appears this DVD includes all of the good Cartman episodes in season 12 because season 12 isn't finished and therefore not availible on DVD yet. They did the same thing with the "Matt and Trey's Top 10 Episodes" DVD. It included 2 season 9 episodes before season 9 was availible on it's own. I agree that Super Fun Time was far from Cartman's best, but it fits with the DVD.

its not that it doesnt fit, its that if they were going to only put 12 i think casa bonita, christian rock hard and even tsst were way greater cartman moments that super fun time was, they should go there before it
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:34 pm

It was originally supposed to be one episode from each season of the show, including one from season 12. At least that's what I thought, since there are 12 episodes in there and only one of them was supposed to be from this season. Instead, we got...

2 episodes each from the following seasons: 5, and 8-12.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Not buying it. Due to the fact that they added some of the more pitiful episodes in my opinion...plus, one's that are overused.

I would have added "Christian Rock Hard" and "Tsst" for sure!

and what about "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime" oh, come on people this over "Cartoon Wars" and "Ginger Kids"

Seesh.
:roll: :?
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:53 pm

^ no way dude, ginger kids and cartoon wars are way better that cartman's silly little hate crime
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 pm

I guess you can't have all the best on it, cos then theres less incentive for the box sets?
But they're all so available online, they should've gone all out, instead of promoting season 12 so much on it.
I can see eek a penis on it, but thats all from 12 I'd put thus far.
And the first ep that came to my mind for inclusion was Tsst, so wtf?
Great artwork, and tasteful extra (I can see Cartman in a lounge chair introducing each episode and getting his mom to get him food in between each episode) but god dammit they should know better... Maybe also because Christian Rock Hards on the hits why it may not be on this...
Unless they're supposed to be "cartmans" favourites... as in, ones that sort of portray him in a better light.

Heres hoping for a hits vol 2... although they could fill it now, they'd probably wait till end of 12 or 13... ideally 15 to be especially great.
Essey

Postby Essey » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:27 pm

I think they did miss some good episodes, but I'm still buying this. Mostly because of "Tonsil Trouble" and "Le Petite Tourette". (I just can't get enough of those episodes. XD)

I don't think "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime" would have been a good choice. Yeah, Cartman gets sent to juvenile hall, but he just basically shoves stuff up his ass and whines. Not particularly a good example, I would think.

So that's probably why "Ginger Kids" and "Cartoon Wars" made the cut.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:25 am

I'm still on the fence about it. I love the cover, but the content... well, we'll see.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”