Season 12- The worst season by far!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

uncle bob

Season 12- The worst season by far!

Postby uncle bob » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Am I the only one that remembers when South Park was awesome? Think back to seasons 3, 5, 6, 8, these seasons were gold episode after episode. Some of the newer seasons started falling off a bit but still had some great episodes, but then there is season 12. To me there is no originality left, all the episodes just make fun of what is going on in real life, yes I know that is mainly what South Park is but it wasn't every episode doing that. Remember original ides like Succubus, Asspen, Cartmanland... just to name a few. I will continue to watch it but it is getting hard to stomach.
death9999

Re: Season 12- The worst season by far!

Postby death9999 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Season 12 is not the worst by far.. Season 2 was terrible. Trey and Matt hate it themselves.

Imaginationland? That didnt do anything for you?

More Crap? episode was a classic.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 pm

yeah whatever, another cry baby who's expecting perfection every week

name me a season you think they are all great and i will point you out at least one that wasnt, cause thats how it works dude

but i loved canada on strike and tonsil trouble, like really loved them, tonsil trouble has become one of my definite favourites now

and as the person above me very well pointed out, they had an awesome eleventh season, my personal faves there were imaginationland, the list and cartman sucks

if you expect them all to be extraordinary then you are gona be pleased only once or twice a year dude, i can assure you
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:52 pm

death9999 wrote:More Crap? episode was a classic.

I hated that ep, but I really liked Season 11.
Season 12 has been fine. Not super great, but good. The worst season was 9, but eh.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
JosephMcCarthy

Postby JosephMcCarthy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, Season 11 had many awesome Episodes and is IMO one of the best Seasons until now. Season 12 was not really bad until now, but its no comparison to season 4 or 11.
I didn`t like Season 10 that much, it started with very weak Episodes, but then became fine in the second half.
- freedom is a state of mind -
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 pm

I would have to say that in my opinion the worst seasons were seasons 2 and 9. Season 2 had the horrible episodes "Not without My Anus" and "Flashbacks", and the rest of them were just OK (although some, like Chickenlover, were great). And season 9 had the horrible episodes "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina", "Bloody Mary", and "Erection Day" along with a bunch of OK episodes and a couple great ones (like "Two Days Before the day After Tommorow"). Actually, every single one of the episodes I've even slightly disliked has been in either season 2 or 9, except "Pip", "Jakovasaurs", and "Britney's New Look". And as you can tell by that statement, I'm also one of the few people who enjoyed the episode "A Million Little Fibers"

Anyways, while I respect your opinion, I can't see why anyone would think that season 12 is even close to being the worst season. The only episode I didn't like was "Britney's New Look". Alot of the episodes have repeated a joke more than once throughout the episode, but I still find the jokes funny. I laughed every single time at the "you don't shoot a guy in the d*ck" joke from "The China Probrem" and 2 out of 3 times at the "HIV positive" joke in "Tonsil Trouble".

I still think that SP is brilliant and hilarious and that Matt and Trey have enough ideas left in them to keep making new episodes AT LEAST to the end of their contract, and probably even longer after that. And even if you don't like the new season as much as I do, you'll probably love the next one. I thought that Matt and Trey were done after season 9, and they have come back with 2 and a half more seasons of brilliant comedy, so I guarentee that next season will be even more amazing.
13GoWings40

Postby 13GoWings40 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 am

I don't know how you can think it is the worst like others have said.

Tonsil Trouble, Canada on Strike(What What the Butt), Over Logging and China problem(God I was laughing the whole time) are golden.
Jc89

Postby Jc89 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 am

yeh, season 12 has been the worst, next in line is season 11 ..... both of em only really have 1 gold episodes (lice capades and major boobage)

Some of the random sh*t isnt funny and it wrecks the episode. like rapeing indiana jones over and over .... its like they've run out of ideas.
mmm

South Park!

Postby mmm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:39 pm

I would like to announce that since I started watching south park this is the first time I am not excited about a new episode. It used to be something I would look forward to. :?
polymorph

Re: South Park!

Postby polymorph » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm compelled to agree. I want to totally stoked on this it's just not working.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
weiwovaseiba

Postby weiwovaseiba » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:40 pm

i wouldnt call it the worst season, but that last episode (the china problem) was the worst episode ever to be created by south park!!!!
cartman has a ball-fetish, not a dick fetish!!!!!

and what is that with the raping of indiana jones.
i thought they allready made an episode about how george lucas and steven spielberg rape their old movies by making remakes!!!!
irit8in

Postby irit8in » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 pm

You guys are all arguing over opinions what one man finds funny another find boring or offensive MnT cant please all of you with one episode look at the big picture they have done something very amazing throughout their careers with south park theyve made us laugh cry boo and jeer hate and love and all the above what does it matter which ones you like and which ones you don't the only question you should ask yourself is: do you like south park??
iamthenewcartman

Postby iamthenewcartman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:40 pm

i dont agree with everyone who says its the worst season ever. Just think of the 9th season that was really lame and weak, but (with the exception of a few good ones) the next 2 seasons were absolutely fantastic. Ask yourself this, is Tonsil Trouble better than Free Willzyx or Follow that Egg. honestly anwser that and u'll see why the 12th season isnt the best but deffinetly not the worst; probably tied for 2nd worst. Oh and look at the bright side, theres still a decent amoun of south park left in this season i think we can overlook some of the bad episodes in this season if we have some great ones to finish it up with. And to the person who said season four sucked. You really dont know what ur talking about. Season four rocked. i just didnt like Pip much. the rest were great, and creative.
Benvolio

Postby Benvolio » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 am

South Park havnt given way to only topical episodes - the latest wasnt as far as I could see, and it was one of the funniest of the season.
I don't understand how ppl don't appreciate the recent seasons just as much, if not more so than earlier ones? My only dissapointment in Season 12 so far was the Britney one really.

Me and all my Uni mates watch South Park in my room as soon as we can download it - it's as popular as ever. And leads the world (that's right, WORLD :lol: ) in satirical comedy. It talks and deals with what matters & is just bloody funny!!!!!
pana

Postby pana » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 am

weiwovaseiba wrote:i wouldnt call it the worst season, but that last episode (the china problem) was the worst episode ever to be created by south park!!!!
cartman has a ball-fetish, not a dick fetish!!!!!

and what is that with the raping of indiana jones.
i thought they allready made an episode about how george lucas and steven spielberg rape their old movies by making remakes!!!!

yeah, i also thought that was the worst SP episode ever, until i saw the next, the one with the breast cancer, it's even crappier. I'm totally dissappointed. i don't get it. where's the funny stuff? cartman isn't even funny anymore. it's like they've hired some kids to do the writing.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”