Season 12- The worst season by far!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

crazyman07

Re: Season 12- The worst season by far!

Postby crazyman07 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Damn manatees
O' My Jesus Christ Monkey Balls, Super Phun Thyme.
Sp00k

Postby Sp00k » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:29 am

My personal opinion is that there has never been a bad episode of South Park. There are a few episodes that were not up to par with the rest, but they are still funny. The worst episode of South Park is better then the best episode of any other animated series. I am a big fan of Futurama, Family Guy (don't tell Cartman), and Code Monkeys, but the are not on the same level as South Park. Not even close!!!!! WOW I guess you could call me a South Park fan boy! MandT I will be expecting my check in the mail. :twisted:
Howerpower

Postby Howerpower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:09 am

I'm going to agree with the guy that said the second half of season 12 was "entertainment for the sake of entertainment.: Most of the viewers watching South Park are uber fanboys and will completely stand by it until its death, either that or they also think Family Guy is funny.

I always loved South Park because of the way it portrayed controversial topics. Examples being the scientology episode with Tom Cruise, even down to the "sue us" credits with the names like "John Smith". Or the cartoon wars episode daring comedy central to air the image of Muhammad. I know every episode can't be like that, but every episode in the previous seasons seemed to always be raunchy with a large dose of sophisticated humor.

And to whomever said "The part with cartman repeating 'dick' over and over was hilarious, if you can't see that then there is no hope.", yeah I definitely don't see the humor in that.
Erthan

Postby Erthan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:44 am

Season 12 is not that bad. However, there are a few episodes I hate :evil: : 'Britney's New Look' (I am a Britney Spears fan), the 'Pandemic' arc ( Just stupid, even for South Park), and Eek, a Penis! (Why do you keep changing Garrison's gender? Is he still gay or is he straight?). There are also very good :) episodes from this season including 'Super Fun Time', 'The China Probrem', 'Breast Cancer Show Ever', and 'Major Boobage'.
De Crescendo

Postby De Crescendo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:17 pm

13GoWings40 wrote:I don't know how you can think it is the worst like others have said.

Tonsil Trouble, Canada on Strike(What What the Butt), Over Logging and China problem(God I was laughing the whole time) are golden.
You like the China Probrem? I thought it was horrible, but whatever. And yeah, I think this season isn't their greatest, but it's not their worst right? I think the best episode this season is Breast Cancer Show Ever, my God I was laughing my ass off the whole time.
steveinohio

Postby steveinohio » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I could not agree more with the title of this topic. It's been hard to get a laugh out of this whole season. The Obama episode brought it all home to me --- a whole episode devoted to mimicking Oceans xx movies? Talk about derivative... you know when I first realized that was what they were doing, I thought, "OK, that's pretty cute." But then it droned on and on and with nothing original. Talk about mailing it in. And pretty much... that's really been every episode of Season 12. Story lines that would have been a 2 minute subplot in a Seasons 1-11 episode drawn out for 30 minutes.

I am sure it is grueling to come up with the creative story lines that made South Park great, but if you're out... how about death with dignity? Put a bullet in it and preserve the greatness before too many of these stinkers rot the corpse.
dre dwayne

Postby dre dwayne » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm

season 12 is awsome i love it yeah :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dre dwayne

Postby dre dwayne » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:57 pm

De Crescendo wrote:
13GoWings40 wrote:I don't know how you can think it is the worst like others have said.

Tonsil Trouble, Canada on Strike(What What the Butt), Over Logging and China problem(God I was laughing the whole time) are golden.
You like the China Probrem? I thought it was horrible, but whatever. And yeah, I think this season isn't their greatest, but it's not their worst right? I think the best episode this season is Breast Cancer Show Ever, my God I was laughing my ass off the whole time.

yeah not there best but its good 8)
dre dwayne

Postby dre dwayne » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Sp00k wrote:My personal opinion is that there has never been a bad episode of South Park. There are a few episodes that were not up to par with the rest, but they are still funny. The worst episode of South Park is better then the best episode of any other animated series. I am a big fan of Futurama, Family Guy (don't tell Cartman), and Code Monkeys, but the are not on the same level as South Park. Not even close!!!!! WOW I guess you could call me a South Park fan boy! MandT I will be expecting my check in the mail. :twisted:
yeah south park yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! south park . i agree some episodes are not as great as otheres but there at least good :P 8)
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:32 am

I think the problem with South Park is that they've been on for so long and been so controversial, smart and witty over the past eleven seasons that the people behind the show can do what they want, when they want and people will still lap it up. Let's face it - South Park will always be South Park. It will always have fans, it will always bring in ratings and one or two episodes will get Emmy's. So, in their defence, this new creative change has mostly been accepted by fans with a minority of folk hating it. I personally hate it - I find the new humour extremely stale, mostly being unfunny references to movies or television or books with one or two occasions of there just being an episode about the kids being kids. I really loved the 'Breast Cancer' episode mostly because it went back to it's roots, went back to the comedy of kids being kids... it was fun viewing.

See, I never used to mind that they did references except it's now become unfunny to the point that I barely smile. It's probably down to Trey and Matt knowing that whatever they produce, people will like it. It's almost knee-jerk comedy now.. or so it seems. "Let's put that on, that's funny!" - when, looking at the old seasons, there used to be alot of thought process behind the comedy and writing. I just feel that's gone, replaced by a new style that I'm not particually pleased with. Regardless, if it makes people happy, I'm all for that. I just hope they can deliver the occasional episode which does make me laugh. I can't say it still doesn't entertain me, though - because it does. It's just not that funny anymore.
hurtbutstillhopeful

Postby hurtbutstillhopeful » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:44 am

Like many (but not all) i've become alienated lately by what I see as a drop in quality in South Park's 12th Season. Us haters can do little but whine about the changes in the show we've watched for so long, but we need to remember that our views are totally subjective and apply to us and us only. none of us can watch a south park episode and appreciate it (or hate it) in the same way.

Even us that think the 12th season has been a disaster often have one or two episodes that we really liked. I laughed at Breast Cancer and Major Boobage (and the scenes set in South Park in About Last Night...), which i'm sure some disagree about; but those episodes fit my taste in comedy and there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me otherwise.

We need to look at the past seasons of South Park to get a view of the whole picture before we judge this season alone: some of the past seasons were poorly received, and some still see certain seasons as bad(I think 2 and 9 were the most often referenced). I find both to be near-classic, but I realize that a lot of people don't share my opinions. And even those who don't like those seasons usually admit that they like one or two episodes, which seems to be the general trend with Season 12.

As much as the Haters are unable (or unwilling) to see it, Season 12 is accepted by many, if not a majority, of South Park Watchers. Where it is placed in comparison with other seasons can't be said until this season has ended and it can be placed in context with past seasons, but chances are it will be watched ad infinitum by the next generation of South Park addicts and eventually be accepted, maybe even by us disillusioned few.

Our expectations have been so high that the slightest drop in quality is seen as a major disappointment (at least tome); an unbiased view of these episodes must be held for us to get the most out of them.

If none of this affects any other disillusioned South Park fans, just remember this: what we are watching every Wednesday is what Matt and Trey spent their time to make for us. We can't stop them from making mistakes and bad episodes, but we can enjoy whatever they give us.

South Park comes in such a small proportion to other comedy shows such as the Daily Show, the Colbert Report or the recently resuscitated Saturday Night Live. We should be enjoying whatever we get.

(For those of you still reading, lol look at the newfag above this, he lives in freakin' Scotland! They don't even have indoor plumbing there yet. Also, he's apparently living in 2006...WTF, how does that work? Scotland Time is wierd...)
bgaard

Postby bgaard » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Couldn't agree more.. South Park really is on a slippery slope.

Personally I've come to the conclusion that the episodes aren't funny because the morals and jokes are communicated to us differently from pre season 12.. They have started to attack and display the boys as the scapegoats instead of bringing in persons from rl / new characters who they can blame / rip on..
That way most ppl will get offended (at least the fans who has been watching from day 1) instead of just look at the jokes, which are actually okay. And I don't mean ppl get offended over the topics that are made fun of, just the way it's done.
bgaard

Postby bgaard » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:19 am

quemajoie wrote:Season 12 is really horrid compared to the previous ones. First of all: Why do we watch SP? What makes it funny? interesting?
Well for one I watch SP because i love the sarcasm, the pure uncensored criticism of all things. For me, what made SP funny was it's dark humor sort of "what's worse than 10 dead babies in a garbage can ... 1 dead baby in 10 garbage cans!". It's also liberating to hear Cartman say what i would never say because it isn't politically correct or racist or whatever (regardless of my being racist or not): "goddamn jew!!" etc. Cartman is the Fat f*ck that gets away with what we'd all love to do: saying what you feel when you feel it regardless of their feelings and being a total douche, it's just exhilarating! Obviously you wouldn't do that in real life because of the social repercusions etc. but it still feels good that someone else is getting away with it.
Season 12 has gotten rid of that Cartman: he has been pushed way to the sidelines, no more jew/black/whatever jokes even in The Breast Cancer Show Ever, where he is one of the protagonists, he isn't the same, he isn't "God" anymore, he's just a pawn.
Other than the Cartman problem is the Kyle problem: Kyle is supposed to be the "GODDAMN JEW", he changed and became a bigger character than Cartman, which sucks cause frankly he doesn't do anything stupid, he's not racist, he's not some fat f*ck, he's like-able.
I mean what would you people say if Meg in Family Guy became a more important character and had more text? It just wouldn't be the same!
So I think that Trey and Matt can do what they want but they should group these new episodes of season twelve the Neo South Park.
Frankly it may even be possible that Matt and Trey were replaced by their evil twins from the Evil Parallel Universe (haha!)
cheers

Well put! - couldn't agree more:)
linusvanpelt

Postby linusvanpelt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:26 am

i did like most of the episodes inseason 12th, though some were below average, but that is the case with every season.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:30 pm

It's not the worst season, but it is not the best. I agree with one of the persons who said they like the sarcasm in there, so do I, but I don't expect them to be completly right all the time, you know?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”