Matt and Trey In Trouble Again

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

superiorsavior

Re: Matt and Trey In Trouble Again

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 pm

I meant the bad publicity Matt and Trey were getting.... but I suppose bad publicity about a bad episode.... is still going to get them more viewers :p Even being nooriously bad in quality gets things viewers, as b movies show :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:57 am

It isn't a surprise that Paramount got pissed..You know coporate types, anything they think might get people to think negatively about one of their products gets them nervous. They don't take it into account that some people will watch South Park but still like the new Indiana Jones movie, and that probably their biggest comsumer group, the people who will go out and buy their movie for their kids won't watch the episode.And that certain people who watch South Park maybe won't spend money on watching the movie because they fully agree with what Trey and Matt have said about George Lucas. There are many, many people who grew up in the 70's and 80's who loved the original Star Wars movies and Indiana Jones movies, and who are very, very disappointed in what George Lucas is putting out now, because the new films are no where near the quality, they just exist so Lucas can have more millions of dollars he doesn't need, and they have tons of ugly CGI that sucks compared to special effects in Lucas's movies from the 70's and 80's. Trey and Matt only said what a lot of people already think of George Lucas and Speilberg. If Paramount really cared about the members of their audience that are over 20, they would see that
allan420

Postby allan420 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 am

Big-Will wrote:publicity.

Yea, except, you know them corporate fat cats..

this episode could end up victim of another banning

I'm not saying it will and I do not think it should be

Still, that is an old favorite, no publicity is bad publicity, I agree with that too.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:50 pm

If I were Speilburg or Lucas I'd try and get an episode like this banned :S I hope it isn't, but I could understand if they wanted it off the air.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Nah, that'd be too petty of them. They're making their bucks, let people say what they will.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Lucas probably would try to get the episode banned. Didn't he try to destroy all copies of that 70's Star Wars Christmas special?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah, but he was directly involved with that, and he sees it as a personal failure. It's terrible.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 pm

I saw some of it on Youtube..LOL..It was funny. Maybe it is still there. He might as well not have tried to get it banned, because most Star Wars fans know about it. That is petty, it would have looked better if he just said it was the 70's and he was really high when he made it, or some sh*t like that. Someone who is petty like that would possibly try to get a South Park episode banned where Trey and Matt accuse him over and over of raping Indiana Jones.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Trying to ban something is only going to make it popular.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm

superiorsavior wrote:If I were Speilburg or Lucas I'd try and get an episode like this banned :S I hope it isn't, but I could understand if they wanted it off the air.

heh i would be very pissed, but i couldnt ban it, i would feel too douchie
NickMajor

Postby NickMajor » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:02 am

Ha. that doesn't surprise me. I was a little shocked to see how violent the rapes were...but in a good way
roadragesaga

Postby roadragesaga » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 pm

well it was nothing i cared for. i did not like where it went. no story was left unturned.
SPFAN1994

Postby SPFAN1994 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:05 am

I knew this was coming knowing they cant take a joke
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 pm

I tried to dvr 'china probrem,' and ended up getting 'my future self and me' when i checked back on it. My bf and I were pretty surprised and felt that the repeat was pulled off. I mean, it could've just been our guide feature just f*cking up, and putting the wrong info. Any light?

wow thanks for the replies guys.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
merry_pippin

Postby merry_pippin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 am

i certinley agree that they probably do get away with a few things that have happened in the show,remember that scientology episode? didnt matt and trey get introuble for that one also? :?:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”