South Park, Censorship and Big Will

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

M00ndragon69

Re: South Park, Censorship and Big Will

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:01 am

superiorsavior wrote:He might be a harsh ruler, but that's the kind of man you need to keep the peace in the flamewar-waiting-to-happen that is the internets. That said, I have to agree that Will's modding style is marred by some un-nescicary flaws; he bans n00bs far more quickly and for far smaller offences than long time posters which must scare people off: he (seems to) let people he agrees with get away with some flaming he wouldn't allow from people he disagrees with: and is less impartial on debates than a mod should really be. Like I said, the site's doing well and he must be partly responable for that, most people would have his flaws, though I think having multiple moderators would ballence out most of these problems.

Yeah I do agree that Will needs to be a bit more impartial, when it comes to modding and he is harsher on the Noobs. I have seen him let certain long time posters do some stupid things noobs would never get away with. I seem to remember some incident I think with BSR a while back, it was either BSR or someone else who has been here awhile and he posted something, I can't quite remember what, but it pissed off another long time member. I remember that much, and I kind of asked Will why it was allowed to go on and he said that BSR or whoever did it requested that he leave the thread up on the board for at least a few hours. A noob would never get away with that. I don't think one of us older posters should either. Everyone should be following the same rules and no one should get special treatment. That was the problem at RZBOARD and why my friend who was one of the mods there wasn't happy. The main mod played favorites hardcore, she would let the assh*les my friends and I used to fight with practically get away with murder and she didn't do sh*t about their bad behaviour except when something really bad happened..Or maybe the time I snitched on her to someone who knew her boss. Most of the time, she let them harrass any noob who showed up that they didn't think was cool enough ( usually the noobs would leave within a couple of days after they got tired of getting crap for every post they made), and she let them make threads devoted to harrassing those people and they made threads that were devoted to making fun of me and my friends on The Devil's Rejects board.She would let that sh*t stay up in offtopic, and that was one of the things I told on her for. Very unprofessional.That is one example of why mods shouldn't be allowed to play favorites, the people they favor abuse the priveledge.
SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:31 am

I totaly agree with you andy k, m'kay?, I put my opinion in once already. in the off topic discussion topic *Ha...so im in a bit of trouble at school....*
But it needs to be said again I think because obviously something else has happened to someone else from Big-Will's actions during that time.
Big Will, You went ahead and called me Thickheaded, and admitted it too, Not very Professional was it?, As Moondragon69 was saying, People that have REAL jobs cant call their clients or customers thickheaded, Why should it be any different for you? If some one were to Call YOU thickheaded on here you would go KO on their ass and ban them for "Mod Sas", But in my situation (and in many others too im pretty sure), you just sit back in your little chair and said whatever the f*ck you want. You just abuse your power on this site.... There should be rules for the Board Moderators too i reckon..
Otherwise, everyone would just get sick of you will and find another South Park site....... Dont take any offence Will but its the truth.....
Love you MOONdragon :) My lil sexii bum
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 am

SouthParks#1Fan, please complain to nall about me. Do it daily, do it hourly. Complaining about me in the various threads you post in isn't going to change anything. I've told others to do the same thing before.

I don't know why you insist that I not take anything you say personally - it's like telling someone who doesn't do drugs not to do drugs.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:52 am

See what i mean? Your so stubborn. And whats the point to complain to Nall about you, Its like telling someone whos not gay to not be gay. Your thickheaded will, so thickheaded. So thickheaded that you make big thickheads look NOT thickheaded... Grow up Will.... Sit your lil ass back on ur lil chair, calm down, n enjoy your brew....... For now, leave me alone, leave your computer alone and let "Nall" handle this site, he obviously does a way better job than you. bye.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:40 am

I kind of feel for Big Will. This forum is huge... and so having to patrol it, ridding us all of those annoying people that lurk on forums such as the "trolls" must be hard work, especially as frustrating as it should be for people just to shut up and follow the rules. And seeing as he's the only person doing this job, he is going to react in a 'knee-jerk' manner every so often. Is it fair? Maybe not. But if there were more mods, there would be discussions on harshness etc. Since there really isn't, and Big-Will seems to be the only active moderator here, he is the only person really doing this moderating stuff.

I wouldn't want to do that job either. The solution, really, is for there to be more active moderators so there could be discussions and such on 'controversial' decisions. Big-Will IS human, y'know, and therefore likely to make mistakes sometimes. At least with committee's, you get different points of view and come to an understanding/decision instead of one person making a decision suddenly based on previous experience and all.
aerisangel16

Postby aerisangel16 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:59 am

It's no different than any other forum. And at least he doesn't ban you forever like most forums do.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:51 am

SouthParks#1Fan wrote:I totaly agree with you andy k, m'kay?, I put my opinion in once already. in the off topic discussion topic *Ha...so im in a bit of trouble at school....*
But it needs to be said again I think because obviously something else has happened to someone else from Big-Will's actions during that time.
Big Will, You went ahead and called me Thickheaded, and admitted it too, Not very Professional was it?, As Moondragon69 was saying, People that have REAL jobs cant call their clients or customers thickheaded, Why should it be any different for you? If some one were to Call YOU thickheaded on here you would go KO on their ass and ban them for "Mod Sas", But in my situation (and in many others too im pretty sure), you just sit back in your little chair and said whatever the f*ck you want. You just abuse your power on this site.... There should be rules for the Board Moderators too i reckon..
Otherwise, everyone would just get sick of you will and find another South Park site....... Dont take any offence Will but its the truth.....
Love you MOONdragon :) My lil sexii bum

I don't believe BW gets paid, so applying the same standards is idiotic. The jobs you cited- they get paid to sell something/do something, and so they follow the rules of the company. The compsny has those rules because their very livelyhood depends on a good reputation and good products/services.
This situation: Will doesn't get paid, and the rules don't say he can't have an opinion/argument. This forum moves along just fine without a few whiners who complain about justified bans. So, that is zero for three in the comparison department.

He can just walk away like the others.
As for, "WE MAY LEAVE!!!"...okay, please do. If you have a problem with people who make stupid comments gettung banned for a day so they can wise up, then leave. Considering he is the ONLY mod keeping up with the forums, he is doing a great job. I talk to one of the other mods on MSN often, she doesn't even visit the site anymore. Airman vanished, no clue about Coffee. This place does need more mods because Will can't be everywhere at once,

And you know what, Andy K? When you join a forum that has rules, expect said rules to be followed. If you can't do that, then don't go to a forum that plans on enforcing them.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:19 pm

I don't believe BW gets paid

Are you serious? Kudos to Will if he does this as his hobby, he deserves a bit of authoritah if there's no money in this for him.

This place does need more mods because Will can't be everywhere at once

How does someone become a moderator? There must be someone among the regulars at this site who's good enough with computers to be a moderator...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Kelly MacCornmac

This is a RE thing

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:44 pm

^I'm not sure about this site, but possibly other sites you can do it by how long you've been there.I haven't really said this much but I wanna become a mod. Or at least see the graveyard threads. I'm not sure if nall is the one who handles mods or will does...(he does ban after all....)
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm actually surprised that this thread has gone on as long as it has. If it had been me, I would have said "Censorship is as American as apple pie, so shut up!" and closed it long ago.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 pm

BRMBug wrote:I'm actually surprised that this thread has gone on as long as it has. If it had been me, I would have said "Censorship is as American as apple pie, so shut up!" and closed it long ago.

well but see that would be douchie and proving the point of the creator of the thread

imo, the dude who made the thread and other couple of guys in here were real assh*les and said things the wrong way, but me and a couple of others posted opinions which i hope were more constructive critisism than anything and werent insulting in any way, so if big will wants to ban the retards who insulted him instead of saying things in a logical and pacific way well thats fine with me they deserve it, but like i said before closing the thread would be proving the douches right
CAN!ada91

Postby CAN!ada91 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Big Will doesn't want douchy 13 year olds posting episode ideas and crap in the wrong section, and people posting noob posts or blatant publicity. Its not complicated.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 pm

I think that Big Will does a great job. This is a big forum and there is a ton of crap to sort through. He's tasteful and he follows his own rules.

I think that there should be a level of censorship on forums or else you have people posting hate speeches. South Park isn't about hating.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Also, we don't need 14,506 posts about how the sound is too loud on the commercials.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:04 am

CHEL BEAN wrote:I think that Big Will does a great job. This is a big forum and there is a ton of crap to sort through. He's tasteful and he follows his own rules.

I think that there should be a level of censorship on forums or else you have people posting hate speeches. South Park isn't about hating.

YES, BIG WILL DOES A FANTASTIC JOB!!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”