Who has watched this show from the very beginning?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Erthan

Who has watched this show from the very beginning?

Postby Erthan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:50 am

Who has watched South Park from the very first episode in 1997 to the most recent one this week in 2008.

P.S.
I only started watching this show last year so I can't even participate in my own discussion. :lol:
thagypsy

Re: Who has watched this show from the very beginning?

Postby thagypsy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:10 pm

I didn't really start watching the show until like two years ago but i've seen every episode.
necrolust

Postby necrolust » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Yeah i remember being a little kid and watching the first episode the first time it came on tv. Watched it ever since.

Postby 203177 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:40 am

I have, and it's a really huge difference. :o
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
ShellyBroflovski

Postby ShellyBroflovski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 am

I have. However, for a period of time, I fell out of touch with it, so I've probably missed about a seasons worth of episodes scattered about.
A friend indeed, is a friend with Kraft dinner.

Proud Broflovski/Marsh shipper...both of them. XD
Satans Enforcer

Postby Satans Enforcer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:15 am

oh yea i remember when season one was on... was just a youngin then, the show has changed so much from where it started, somethings for the better, some for worse... but it is still a great show that i watch almost daily, for hours on end...
Satiricality

Postby Satiricality » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:51 am

I watched the first couple of seasons when it first came out on network TV.

I only got digital cable recently so I've fallen back into watching it regularly and I think it's one of the few shows that has gotten consistently better over the years as opposed to some shows that peak and then start to fade away from their former glory.

While I think the early seasons still have their charm, I think much of the newer material is a lot stronger and funnier and I'm amazed at how the show has evolved, grown, and reinvented itself from where it started.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:55 am

Been watching since 1997 Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. I was 10 back then. Now I'm at the legal drinking age 21
Stan and Kyle :)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:28 pm

I have watched it since the first episode ay yje age of eight.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kilwheel

Postby kilwheel » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:04 am

i remember watching the show from like 2000 and i have seen every episode since
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:51 am

Well, we get TV over-the-air. The commercial TV version starred here I like to say in 2004? I don't remember. It came on twice a day, at 11:00 PM and 11:30 PM. They went through seasons 1 thru 7, then repeated 1 thru 7, then Season 8 through Michael Jackson episode, than 1 thru 8, etc., and then some of season 9. Once we got high speed internet, I saw every episode there is (too many times, I'm afraid) on the South Park Studios Episode Player. There are episodes here and there that have NEVER aired on free TV, at least not in the L.A. area.

So, no, I haven't watched this show from the very beginning because we did not receive cable at the house, but yes, I have seen every episode many, many times.
Postal_Dude

Postby Postal_Dude » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:37 am

Of course i did, i'm yer grandpa! Back in my day, we used to walk ten miles uphill in four feet of snow barefoot to watch South Park on a thirteen inch black and white tv with one speaker. You kids today have it lucky what with your fancy shoes and all.
Sincerely, the guy on the couch.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 am

Hey, Grandpa ! How have you been? We're looking forward to seeing you on Thansgiving. Yum !

I remember that story you told me when I was a child :D

But I thought that you told me you not only had to walk 10 miles to watch South Park on an uphill climb. It was also uphill both ways -- going from your house to watch South Park and also coming home again. All uphill !

I remember. Thanks for reminding me. You did have it tough. :(

btw, I thought that you told me that your TV was a Packard-Bell 9 inch, not a 13 inch. Maybe it was a Zenith TV. I forgot what you told me. I was too young. Wasn't it a 9 inch black and white TV? And remote weren't invented yet - you had to actually get up off the couch to change the channels and to adjust the volume, turn it on and off, and control the brightness, contrast, and horizontal hold. i remember your stories.

--Your Grandson,

BigCamera4892
Postal_Dude

Postby Postal_Dude » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 am

That's right it was 20 miles uphill both ways through a 8 foot blizzard, and Old Man McCullough never liked us walking past his place so he always let his coyotes loose after us, and all we had to defend ourselves with was a stale loaf of french bread. And it was a five inch tv and it had a coat hanger covered with aluminum foil for a antenna, and you had to stand by the tv and hold the hanger foil antenna in one hand for the picture to come in clearly. And that's the way it was and we liked it.
Sincerely, the guy on the couch.
Freddy Fittler

Postby Freddy Fittler » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Postal_Dude wrote:That's right it was 20 miles uphill both ways through a 8 foot blizzard, and Old Man McCullough never liked us walking past his place so he always let his coyotes loose after us, and all we had to defend ourselves with was a stale loaf of french bread. And it was a five inch tv and it had a coat hanger covered with aluminum foil for a antenna, and you had to stand by the tv and hold the hanger foil antenna in one hand for the picture to come in clearly. And that's the way it was and we liked it.

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

.......& Yep watched the show from the beginning.
"You like bear mace,icehead?"

"A haiku is just like a normal American poem except it doesn't rhyme and it's totally stupid."

"Oh no! Not Santa's balls!"

"Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”