South Park on a slippery slope

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

bgaard

South Park on a slippery slope

Postby bgaard » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi ppl.

First of all, I'm a huge fan of South Park. I've seen the show since the first episode aired, and loved it ever since, UNTIL season 12...
What has happend to South Park as it once was? Not just the carecters has changed, but the etics and morals as well?!
Sunndenly it's not cool to make fun of breas cancer?.. But it should be in South Park, because it's kids... And kids can do anything because they're innocent, and don't know any better...

Suddenly Cartman gets beat up, which ruins hes carecter compleatly...
Suddenly Matt and Tray decides that they want to make fun of Lucas and Spielberg (AGAIN!!) for raping epic movies, while they are raping their own show...
Suddenly the storylines has to be about ripping on other movies, instead of actualy producing something them selfs (The China probleme = indiana, Pande 1 + 2 = clooverfield, president election = ocenas 11 / 12 and last High School Musical...).

Suddenly it becomes clear to one why the old Chef left the show, as well as the old Wendy... The only reason i keep watcing is that i hope the Matt + Tray will start making good shows again, because the episodes so fare have NOT been good enughf comparet to what they used to produce (pre season 12).

Last comment, only good episode so fare was imo the president ellection... Even though i missed Cartman running around calling Obama terrorist and all that, I think it was allright (besides for the lame parody on Oceans).

- A concerned fan (don't know for how much longer...)
jewish pride

Re: South Park on a slippery slope

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 am

superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:34 am

Now the big problem is the (AGAIN) part; they do seem to be running out of ideas, but hopefully they'll get over that. This is what lead to the show addopting more parrody into the storylines. Pandemic seemed original to me, it seemed like a hint that the show was producing something new for a change, as did the reast cancer episode.

Cartman gets beat up by Kyle in season 10, no one thinks he's cool in season 9 and they all pretend he's dead. He's never been popular, he's always been a pussy, this is his personality.

They made fun of AIDS in season 6. The ethics and morals have not changed. The show has run out of contraversial topics and is now having to attack things most people hold to be wholly sacred to push the envelope. Pluss the show wasn't making fun of cancer (as Jared Has AIDS didn't make fun of AIDS), if you noticed the jokes about cancer came from Cartman's filthy little mouth that got kicked in at the end. The show's a black comedy, and like all black comedies it makes fun of things most people wouldn't dare to touch with a really long stick. Making fun of starving Africans, child abduction and disability are all as bad as making fun of cancer; they made fun of those things to the same extent they made fun of cancer.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
bgaard

Postby bgaard » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Pandemic was a good show. And I agree that it was original.. Seemed like they made something new, and it was great that they brought in Craig .. The parody on clover field was good as well, it didn't need to be fitted in. Still the ethics has changed. All episodes pre season 12 have different morals, or at least they are expressed differently. If you disagree take the High School Musical as an example "Think about it, Butters is more popular then you guys"... It seems like they're using the kids to create the morals instead for having them creating them trough other persons. And about the cancer remark, it's not the same extent, since they had OTHER persons embarrass them self (Jarred / Fat blond woman whose name I've seem to have forgotten etc.), not like selling out Cartman.

Btw I don't think Cartman was all unpopular in season 9... As fare as I remember he cleared the town for Hippies, which most ppl appreciated.
I know that he has been slapped/beaten up a couple of times, even in Christian Rock as well.. The difference is that those times he actually archived something. Like ALMOST getting a show cancelled or getting a mur album. This time he's just getting beat up, and not like before, he's really getting beat up.. No one enjoys seeing Cartman all bloody and f*cked up. It ruins (as I've already pointed out) his hero status.

And yes, he did die and the kids didn't like him, but didn't he find a solution on his problems? And did he CARE that they didn't like him? No... and that is Cartman. Not a wining wimp that gives 2 sh*t about what other ppl think about him.

About new ideas, they don't NEED to have some great topic to make fun of.. Just take everyday problems and make a spin on it.. Like with Scott Tenorman, Cripple fight, Fat Butt and Pancake Head, Toilet paper and so on... It's not great topics but great entertainment.. And that's what South Park should be all about..

Why do you think Chef left? *Quote "He didn't like the TURN south park was taking"... Ergo, things have changed.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Hayes left the show because he was a blazing hypocrite. He(God bless his soul) cashed plenty of checks mocking the faiths of many people, but when they made fun of his, he threw a hissy fit.

Cartman was unpopular in season nine and, indeed, all seasons. Only his fans and those who don't know the show well believe that he was well liked. As for him getting beat up but almost accomplishing something- well, in #1209 he almost got out of the fight. That entire episode was entirely in his character. I will never understood the viewpoint that it ruined his character.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:17 pm

selling out Cartman

It'd be selling out Cartman to not humiliate him, the entire humour related to his charactar in seasons one and two was based on showing what an idiot he was, and anything relating to him being an intollerent little prick generally serves to make fun of him and anyone who agrees with him (with a few exceptions where they use him as a mouthpiece for their most contraversial views).

As fare as I remember he cleared the town for Hippies
That was just one episode, which he wasn't popular in with the other kids, nor was he popular with the adults for the first half, and he certainly wasn't popular in The Death of Eric Cartman.

he actually archived something. Like ALMOST

And he actually ALMOST achieved getting one over wendy in this episode.

It ruins (as I've already pointed out) his hero status

You hero worship a fat, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist piggy boy? Then the joke is quite litterally on you. You're suposed to laugh AT cartman, not with him, most of the time at least. This was probably the nicest they've ever been to fatass for several seasons, they portrayrd him at least slightly sypathetically and ave him some motivation other than being a douche for douchebagery's sake.

Just take everyday problems and make a spin on it..
I know but they seem to have run out of every day topics to talk about. Especially since hey got rich and moved away from the real world XD

Why do you think [Issac Hayyes] left?

Because of that Fruity Little Club :lol:
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
bgaard

Postby bgaard » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:13 am

Not beeing familiar with the show

Read the thread before stupid comments please

"Hi ppl.

First of all, I'm a huge fan of South Park. I've seen the show since the first episode aired, and loved it ever since, UNTIL season 12...
"
And he didn't leave because he's a hypocrite, he left because he didn't like the turn the show was taking - get your facts straight.

Season 1 and 2

Funny enughf thoes seasons are the lowest rated seasons. Anyway i think they where good. Besides that, they didn't get to cartman the same way they are now. I have alredy stressed thees points, but you seem to narrowminded to understand it.
I don't care if you can divide with 0, find the last number in PI which is impossible (so that's actualy quit stupid) or whatever, when you can't even seem to understand there's always 2 aspects of a case.
I respect your oppinions, but i defently don't share them.

The death of eric cartman

As fare as i remember they respected him at last... "hey, that was realy cool what you did".
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:46 am

I will be honest, I didn't read most of what you said or what everyone else said. Pretty much you just repeated everything all the other people said who came to complain then leave forever. I am not going to waste my time telling you why your opinion is wrong, if that is what you want to think, that is your right. I don't agree with you though, but I don't know you..So, I don't give a f*ck what you think..It doesn't matter anyway that you implied that you might not be a fan much longer. If Trey and Matt are reading this, they are going to do what they want anyway. So, if you are not happy, and you stop being a fan, that is your choice. It is not like you and I have been talking at this board for a long time and we became friends, but you decided to leave forever and stop talking to everyone from here because you are no longer a South Park fan. A couple years ago that very thing happened to me at a horror board. A chick I had sort of been friends with for a couple months left the board forever and ditched me because she started taking certain horror movies she was once a huge fan of too literally and became paranoid that people would think she was sick for liking them. That sucked, I liked talking to her, and I was about to leave the board over it,but a few days after she left for good someone who has been one of my best online friends for years showed up at the board and we became friends right away. Ok that was way off topic. But my point is, I don't know you, it is not like you are going to stay on the board and get to know all of us, so what you do has no effect on me.
sorinson03

So we need to clarify thiss mess .......

Postby sorinson03 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:03 am

So PLS STOP WHAT U ARE DOING TO SOUTH PARK

is not right to take from us one of the best things this world has seen . I am a 24 y old boy from " that armpit of a country " Romania. i have 10084378 friends that say south park is trash but i kept watching it. they could only see some crappy animations with crappy voice and and never could realise that the jokes are really good if u watch the whole epissode the characters every one of them is made PERFECT.

First of all we need to clarify one thing. us all south park fans think that we can make an episode our selfes. I come to think that the people making south park now arent south park fans at all because a south park fan will NEVER destroy south park ... in the past episodes ( that make me sick when i watch them they are nothing more that just another stupid show that has the same corny jokes ) they said that spielberg and lucas raped indiana well the people that make south park now are doing the same thing to south park they are destroing it ... every little funny part every character they have no shame if they see that they can t make south they should make some other show with other characters with this ideas that they have... when i saw in the last episode butters father yell at him it allmost made me cry because they destroyd the character butters father had power over him allways without even yelling and allways grounded him now his just a stupid common person it s not a character . pls the people that make south park now PLS quit for the shows sake if u do this u will prove that south park really ment something to u

just try i mean JUST TRY to compare some of the classics episodes like 4th grade .. scott tenorman must die ... war ( i hate stan i kyle :))))))))))) i hate those guys ) ... and many many more to what u are doing now

The boys NEVER USED THE WORD " dude " as much as they use it now and it s really lame and a lack of imagination when cartman says " dude " cartman has better words than that

i can debate south park with u at any time if u want we can debate it here just reply to this post maybe u will learn a thing or two about the line that u need to follow ( i m not arrogant ) not the line of the money and fooling kids with this crappy eppisodes but the line of art, originality, SOUL, RESPECT FOR SOUTH PARK and maybe u will come up with something good they said that family guy was crap because they had joke+joke+joke+joke NO STORY no nothing ... in my opinion the first season of family guy was good because u see new characters new way of humor and lets face it Stewie is a really nice character with that voice and all but after the first season it was boring exactly like south park described it great episode cartoon war but lame as it was family guy is way better then the actual SOUTH PARK CRAP u guys are trying to do and that is a shame South park was original even Chef that was a great character quit for his belives even if i dont want to hang out with someone that trust more in something than in himself or his friends that were real ( but i think it s a long story and i dont know the half of it ileave it at this ) >>> :)) so u wont forget my point >>> even Chef quit for his belives ... if u belive in south park QUIT or try not to destroy the characters any more ....
how can u make fun of spielberg and lucas that created something when u guys have all the creation made for u and u can t understand it to continue HOW CAN U MAKE FUN OF ANYONE ... i dare u to watch again some clasic episodes :)))) shity wall :)))

and i just rememberd Jerry Seinfeld said in an interview we finished Seinfeld in a point that people wanted to see more so they dont get sick of it and we run out of storyes and then the viewers will say that SEINFELD WAS GOOD UNTIL THE SEASON ....... but after that it sucked the had no more storyes they destroied the characters and did almost anything for audience ... the thing that almost every sitcom gets to

I like everything thats beautiful original and i respect anyone that has created something but if the world has only 10% smart people and in this 10% maybe only 3% are good u guys are in the other 90% :(

i m not saying u can t create anything i m just sayin that u CAN T MAKE SOUTH PARK u don t understand it ...... and to finish thrust me u put to much sound in it now there is a theme melody for avery scene avery state and every action please watch other south park episodes there is only crappy sound no studio melodies no BY THE BOOKS scene sound just crappy sound with crappy drawings JUST THE WAY WE LIKED IT
If u don`t know, ask me.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:41 am

bgaard wrote:Suddenly it becomes clear to one why the old Chef left the show, as well as the old Wendy...

Dude, f*cking lame. The woman didn't leave the show, she died.

bgaard wrote:The only reason i keep watcing is that i hope the Matt + Tray will start making good shows again, because the episodes so fare have NOT been good enughf comparet to what they used to produce (pre season 12).

:lol: Tray

From reading this it seems you are not even old enough to be watching this show.

Ultimately, SPS has the right to make their show, even if you don't like it. And just like you have the right to come here and say you don't like the show, SPS has the right to their commentary on Indiana Jones.

...and I would guess SPS cares about this just as much as Speilberg and Lucas cared about China Problem.
bgaard

Postby bgaard » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 am

she died

And the show died with her - and Chef.

not even old enough to be watching

If u judge ppl on their spelling i can only say likewise.
But i'll try to explain, if it's a bit hard for you.. Tray = Trey. Okay? - Morron...

SPS has the right to their commentary on Indiana Jones

Indeed, but it's just not that good shows, which is the main probleme...

I am not going to waste my time telling you why your opinion is wrong

You can't really say if something is wrong, since opinions are personal - and different things make us laugh, you should start by respecting that...

Not all have English as their native language.
Anyway, I agree with the last "dude ;) - sorinson03". Nice with something constructive. Thanks for contributing! :)
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 am

You can't really say if something is wrong, since opinions are personal - and different things make us laugh, you should start by respecting that...

So...therefore, you cannot say that Hitler was wrong for disliking Jews? Or that people who have the opinion that the world if flat is wrong? Or cannibals are wrong?

Humm? Which is it going to be?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:

So...therefore, you cannot say that Hitler was wrong for disliking Jews? Or that people who have the opinion that the world if flat is wrong? Or cannibals are wrong?

Humm? Which is it going to be?

Ok, three things. In an online arguement it is sad and pathetic to envoke Hitler's name in hopes of winning, and either directly comparing someone to Hilter or implying someone is in some way like Hilter or the Nazi's is sad and over done. And it is also being a drama queen. Yes, most people, except for White Supremists ( ever argue with a real one online?), believe what Hilter and the Nazis did was very, very bad, and also it was alot more serious than someone online having a different opinion than yours and Way more serious than Issac Hayes quitting two years ago.

The belief that the world was flat was of course in accurate, but people used to believe it was a fact. At one time, people thought it was a fact not an opinion. It was an inaccurate belief but not morally wrong, and I think most people know the world isn't flat in this day and age.

As for the cannibalism thing, well there are alot of things we can debate on that subject. Here is a quote from Motel Hell ( a great 80's horror movie) "Meat is meat and man's gotta eat".What was interesting about that movie was the killer believed he was doing the right thing. Killing people and turning their flesh into ham, in his view took care of the problems of over population and hunger. And here is another debate point about cannibalism. If you believe in reincarnation, and that it is possible for people to be reborn as animals, but you aren't a vegetarian, then what does that sort of make you?.Also there are some cultures that believe that cannibalism is part of respect for the dead. I remember reading up on somethng that said that certain cultures would participate in cannibalism after a relative died. They would eat that person's flesh as a way of honoring them. This might disgust some people, but I don't think it is morally wrong. I think this culture's way of hiding from death and the huge cost of funerals and morticians taking advantage of greiving families to get obscene amounts of money is a lot more immoral. And then there is symbolic cannibalism in certain mainstream religions. And what if you are in a situation like Alfred Packer or those people in that movie Alive where you have to practice cannibalism to survive?

So if those are your arguements, against this guy having his own opinion, you can consider yourself owned. Sorry but you made it too easy and I had just had to put in my two cents. Especially about the cannibalism thing.

But about this guy.People might not agree with him, he might not have his facts straight on certain things ( because not every fan knows everything about the history of South Park), but he has the right to his own opinion. If he doesn't like the newer episodes, he doesn't have to. And he has as much right to say he doesn't like them as we have to say we do. As far as I know there is no rule on this board that says you can't say anything against South park on here.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:15 am

bgaard wrote:Hi ppl.

What has happend to South Park as it once was? Not just the carecters has changed, but the etics and morals as well?!
Sunndenly it's not cool to make fun of breas cancer?.. But it should be in South Park, because it's kids... And kids can do anything because they're innocent, and don't know any better...

Suddenly Cartman gets beat up, which ruins hes carecter compleatly...
Suddenly Matt and Tray decides that they want to make fun of Lucas and Spielberg (AGAIN!!) for raping epic movies, while they are raping their own show...
Suddenly the storylines has to be about ripping on other movies, instead of actualy producing something them selfs (The China probleme = indiana, Pande 1 + 2 = clooverfield, president election = ocenas 11 / 12 and last High School Musical...).

Suddenly it becomes clear to one why the old Chef left the show, as well as the old Wendy... The only reason i keep watcing is that i hope the Matt + Tray will start making good shows again, because the episodes so fare have NOT been good enughf comparet to what they used to produce (pre season 12).

Last comment, only good episode so fare was imo the president ellection... Even though i missed Cartman running around calling Obama terrorist and all that, I think it was allright (besides for the lame parody on Oceans).

- A concerned fan (don't know for how much longer...)

"Suddenly Cartman gets beat up, which ruined his character." So you're saying he's a loser...kind of...kind of like a little sh*thead....wait wasn't that what he was like in seasons 1-4? And yet nobody complains about those seasons.

"Suddenly Matt and Trey decide to my fun of Lucas and Speilberg AGAIN!!!". They felt betrayed that the new Indiana Jones movie ruined Indiana Jones. But the episode sucked no matter what.

"Now they make fun of movies" That's...that's bad? In the 5th through 10th seasons they made most of the season off of political events. They changed it to something better, movies. And because Randy walked around RESEMBLING ONE character from a movie doesn't mean both episodes were a parody.
So that would be two movie parodies out of 7 episodes. And one of them they HAD to do.

The Old Chef left the show because they USED to be too political and preachy and let him leave. The old Wendy didn't leave...she's been the way she is now since the beginning, she just doesn't want to f*ck Stan every episode now.

Stop bawing.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 am

There actually is NOTHING wrong with season 12. I'd challenge you to tell me wrong.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”