South Park on a slippery slope

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Hello You

Re: South Park on a slippery slope

Postby Hello You » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:25 am

You think South Park is on a slippery slope? You should check out The Simpsons. It's been sh*t for about 8 years. We South Park fans should count ourselves lucky that it took this long for the quality to drop. Having said that, I have faith that it will improve.
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I don't think that "South Park" is on a slippery slope. I think Season 12 was/is terrific :D

Check this out: Click Here To Check This Out
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Slippery Slope WTF?

No, some people cant accept change for some reason, if the kids never seemed to learn or go on new types of adventures the show would be boring and redundant....

There are seveeral good episodes in 12... Major Boobage, Tonsil trouble, Super fun time, Elementry school musical, ungroundablea, they were not that bad.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Your right. I mean South Park can have an "off" season (in refrence to Season 7 and 9 maybe..) But that doesn't mean that they cannot come back strong. They did before!

All tv shows will have a down season, it doesn't mean there getting cancelled. That all depends if people WATCH them. I wish I could see demographic rates over the years :)

I mean sure, it seemed as if season's 10 and 11 had more viewers (10 was a so-so season itself :o )...but that doesn't mean that people won't come back if new and better episodes are made.

There not on a tightrope. All tv shows are struggling because people don't know what to watch. There is too much out there, and a boat load of it is crap.

Gone are the good days of comedy like "Signfield", "Fraiser" "Cheers" and "Everybody Loves Raymond". Following them out are the cop and medical shows like "ER" "Law and Order-partially CI" "NYPD Blue".

Now we get crap like "Deal or No Deal" or "Pushing Dasies"......

IF SP ever does get cancelled before it's run...it will be because of the dumbness of Hollywood. But they would also can the Simpsons or Family Guy probably at the same time :mrgreen:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Hello You

Postby Hello You » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:50 pm

To be honest, South Park has never had a truly perfect season. It has gotten close (5-10 are all consistently brilliant) but there are always going to be episodes that are not up to scratch. Personally, despite what everyone says, I thought Major Boobage was pretty poor, especially considering the hype I'd heard about how good it was. But, Breast Cancer Show Ever and Over-Logging were really good. I could just as easily point out episodes in earlier series that I don't like.
dubdevo

Postby dubdevo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hello You wrote:To be honest, South Park has never had a truly perfect season. It has gotten close (5-10 are all consistently brilliant) but there are always going to be episodes that are not up to scratch. Personally, despite what everyone says, I thought Major Boobage was pretty poor, especially considering the hype I'd heard about how good it was. But, Breast Cancer Show Ever and Over-Logging were really good. I could just as easily point out episodes in earlier series that I don't like.

I agree that 12 was a great season. There are certain episodes that might not be your cup of tea. For example "Hello You" stated in his above post that he didn't like the major boobage episode, In my point of view that was one of the funnier/enjoyable episodes. Thats just my opinion. Everybody has a different sense of humor. I don't think that I would have liked major boobage if I hadn't seen the heavy metal movies. (not to say "hello you" hasn't, he probably has) I think its kind of the same thing with the ungroundable....people that don't know about that crappy book series "Twilight" that my sister reads, might not have gotten the angle the same way I did.
To each his own.

P.S. "hello you" I wasn't trying to call you out, I agree with one of your previous posts that SP isn't on a slippery slope.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”